Spoilers: Random Thoughts (Sports)

phuckingduck

is awesome!
Car(s)
'03 Volvo S60 AWD
Well, because we finally have our own section, here's our own Random Thoughts thread. We can use it for everything from heated comments that don't really have a place too using it for sports that may not otherwise need a dedicated thread.

I'll start.

Screw the NBA. I might, might watch if its Kobe v Lebron.

So the match ups for the quarter-finals in the IIHF World championships are set:

Russia-Belarus
Finland-USA
Canada-Latvia
Sweden-Czech rep.

So the semifinals should look like this:

Russia-Finland
Canada-Sweden

And the finals:
Russia-Canada

With Russia as the world champions!

Well that's too bad, go watch this and then come back.
2008030781.jpg

:mad:

So the match ups for the quarter-finals in the IIHF World championships are set:

Russia-Belarus
Finland-USA
Canada-Latvia
Sweden-Czech rep.

So the semifinals should look like this:

Russia-Finland
Canada-Sweden

And the finals:
Russia-Canada

With Russia as the world champions!

I'm not so sure.

Russia is a shoe-in, so is Canada. Finland will be favorite in their USA match and I'm counting on them to pull through. Sweden - Czechs is a whole new type of deal. Sweden hasn't been playing their best hockey so far in to the tournament and the Czechs have been on and off like a bad case of the flu. However if the Czechs bring their A game, it means the Swedes are in for some serious whooping.

That match can go either way, but so far I would also bet my money for Sweden.

But that's as far as I'd go with them, since they haven't shown the kind of game to beat Canada this year so it's bronze medal match for you guys. Finland - Russia on the other hand...well, what can I say...it may very well be 2007 all over again. It will be a really tough match, no doubt but I do believe that the Russians are well within reach, especially after the show we put on against Canada.

And even IF it is Russia - Canada in the final, I'd put my money on Canada. They are the more solid team from these two.

Last edited:
I think The Swedes with their improved defense can bore any czech team to tears!! I think it's important to get the first goal.. The czechs isn't very good when they have to chase..

Last edited:
WTF ?!? Belarus - Russia 3-3 before the 3rd period :blink:

No way can Belarus pull of the biggest upset since...umm...I dunno, perhaps Salt Lake City when they beat Sweden. Though this is even bigger IF they can manage it. We'll see...

^The Russians managed to pull through,. kudos to Belarus though great game!!

And now it's the finns vs the yanks! This should be good!!

How much can a person hate the united states?

So Finland out!!! The better team in the first period and then dominating the second.. But then invited The yanks back with stupid penalties.. And away they went!

So Finland out!!! The better team in the first period and then dominating the second.. But then invited The yanks back with stupid penalties.. And away they went!

If the Swedes win the championship, I'm going on a killing spree.:mad:

^Don't worry.. I think the semis are as far as we go... I was looking forward to another battle against the Finns in the game for third price..

Almost half of the Sweden vs Czech is played and the Refs are doing their very best to completely ruin this quarterfinal..

Haaa!!! Sweden played excellent and outmaneuvered the Czechs!! Tomorrow it's Canada who where crap against Latvia! I'm smelling a final here!!! :D

BTW: Great job of allowing a goal when playing 5 against 3. :idiot:

Oh well... Lost to Canada as expected.. Sweden wasn't good enough...

Bruins, Sox, and Celtics lose.......what a horrible horrible day.:(

England have finally beaten Australia at Lords in the Ashes for the first time in 70 odd years. 1-0 up in the series now. Flintoff took 5 wickets in the last innings.

England have finally beaten Australia at Lords in the Ashes for the first time in 70 odd years. 1-0 up in the series now. Flintoff took 5 wickets in the last innings.

This happened because England cheated. :p