Spoilers: Random Thoughts (Sports)

I'll go ahead and say what phuckingduck is probably thinking.

How the hell as cricket survived as a spectator sport? I tried watching a cricket match once and I actually fell asleep. Even my trying to understand the game could not keep me awake. It's just hit the ball, hope nobody catches it on the fly and do a shuttle run. It's utterly boring.

How the hell as cricket survived as a spectator sport? I tried watching a cricket match once and I actually fell asleep. Even my trying to understand the game could not keep me awake. It's just hit the ball, hope nobody catches it on the fly and do a shuttle run. It's utterly boring.

I ask myself the same thing about baseball.

Baseball lasts 3 hours. Cricket lasts for days.

Only test cricket lasts for days. one day internationals and 20/20 games are a lot shorter.

Only test cricket lasts for days. one day internationals and 20/20 games are a lot shorter.

One day matches still are just that- 1 day. The 20/20 games are just a bastardized version of the game. Baseball hasn't had to change the rules to cater to shorter attention spans.

And Test cricket shouldn't change the rules to cater for short attention spans.

Cricket is a game of mental application, a battle of wits, mind over matter. Like chess, you spend time manouvering your opponent into position. It is also a wonderful thing to watch on a sunny afternoon with a few beers and a good book. Without cricket there would be no Test Match Special and a world without TMS is a poorer place indeed.

Oh, and the day the England cricket team takes lessons in sportsmanship from Ricky Ponting is the day that the Pope does a duet with Marilyn Manson.

...is the day that the Pope does a duet with Marilyn Manson.

somehow now i can't get that mental image out of my head....

Lets get the discussion of boring sports.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFTvzxbBK4[/YOUTUBE]

I so want to build a campus board. It's good fun to show up your friends who bench press a ox five days a week but have absolutely no muscle endurance. Plus I don't need my finger tendons that much anyway.

My undergrad alma mater is going to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated for the first time!!!!

0819_large.jpg

I would have thought the one pointing would be the bitch?

Marat Safin defending his sister's ranking just like a big brother should and having a go at the critics:

Marat Safin said:
"But I?m really proud that she?s holding up herself even though that?s somebody can be really rough on her. She?s there. I hope she can be No. 1 for a long time so she can prove to everybody that they can go f**k themselves."

And that is why Marat Safin is awesome.

New WR by Bolt, 9.58 :)

Usain Bolt :? :shock2::jawdrop:

Nine fiftyeight.....

Mother%20of%20God.jpg

I am in complete and utter shock. 9.58.....fuck. me. Imagine what the man will do to the current 200m world record :|

Historic race, amazing time by SIARPC Bolt! :jawdrop:
And a big well done to world champion Jessica Ennis for the heptathlon and she?s cute too. :D

New WR by Bolt, 9.58 :)

Holy fucking shit. That guy cannot be human. Did he jog the last 20 meters this time too?

No, but he had a bad start.
And he certainly didn't give it everything at the end. He has said he can make 9.4x and after that I actually believe it, the guy is frikkin fast. I have to say, I didn't think I'd get to see a WR below 9.6 in my life span, but he's just crackin' record so maybe we'll get to see 9.4 :D