Spoilers: Random Thoughts (Sports)

I got sent this.

Nicholls_Primary_No-Shield_CLR1-220x150.jpg

Is this not the greatest logo for a sports team EVER? Apparently they decided their old Confederate mascot was a fascist relic so they replaced him with a err...Nazi officer?

Either that, or they plan to...you guessed it, take over the world.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ[/YOUTUBE]

Usain Bolt is a freak.

Must be a nice feeling standing there at the start line next to Bolt knowing there's no possible way of beating the guy.

Yeah the ashes are in the bag now.

Damn, a Spanish runner had won the 1500m and she has been disqualified. :mad:

Rightly so, it was the only correct way to act after what she did.

And in other news....men's javelin final...ugh....four Finns in the 12 men final pack and what do they achieve ? 5th, 6th, 9th and 11th. Pathetic. Thorkildsen is the man, but that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

I feel bad for Burka.

And men's javelin. Pitk?m?ki, he's sick. Ruuskanen was at his first real competition. But Wirkkala and J?rvenp??: WTF?

Congrats to Thorkildsen, Cuban guy and Japanese guy, medals to right guys.

I feel bad for Burka.

I don't know, what was she doing with her left arm there?

s28wh5.jpg

At the end I think she has just fallen because she was the weakest runner, those "fights" for position are seen in almost any 800m or 1500m race.

Last edited:
Oouch, horrible tackle.
Anderlecht (sp) and Standard are big rivals too aren't they.

Oouch, horrible tackle.
Anderlecht (sp) and Standard are big rivals too aren't they.

The player of Standard should be banned for life imho, especially seeing he didn't even care about the other player and was protesting the red card.

Last edited:
Oh my God, that image is terrible indeed. I'd be surprised if that wasn't an open fracture.

The pain must have been excruciating. I really can't imagine him coming back, because I know of cases when the leg bones were smashed up like that and the person could never run properly again.

And the guy who tackled that hard shouldn't just be banned, he should have his leg snapped in the same way.

Fricken 0-4 in the preseason. Doesnt really fuel me with confidence :mad:

And the Ice-hockey season has begun!!! :mouse::woot::thumbsup::clap::cheers::w00t:

What a weird moment on ESPN Sportscenter's top 10 plays....the number 3 play of the day came from last Friday night and it was a play from a local high school football game, between my old high school and another school...weird.