Spoilers: Random Thoughts (Sports)

That numbers tell me you're quite fit. Fitter than "I've not been running for two years" would suggest anyway.

My usual mode of doing sports is to eat an apple or have something equally sugary beforehand and then have some dextro ready for emergencies. :D But I don't shy away from being down to 70 or so at the end of the workout, though (I don't even measure it outside of the usual pre-meal ritual unless I'm having symptoms of hypoglycaemia, which begin at about 60).

Well, I am playing table tennis regularly, with one or two practice sessions and/or games weekly so I haven't been completely lazy in the years I didn't run. Additionally, I have always been good-ish at anything involving a certain amount of stamina and running in a group is extra motivation to not being beaten by your weaker self. I won't do a marathon any time soon though, but I'd like to be able running 10 km without having to walk at some point.

That sounds very good, I must say as well :nod:

I was out for a run today (after doing a little more running since the beginning of december, maybe... once or twice a week, something like that) and did 6km in some 31min. I was very happy with that.
Also I've started to regularly swim again, which yields incredible results. Only went three times up to now, but I've already improved from 1.5km to 2.5km with a very low percentage of breast stroke. It seems I'm getting back into proper crawl technique, especially the breathing, which didn't work at all the first time back.

Worst playcall of all time. In ANY professional sport. Ever.

And I am not exaggerating.

Fox Sports will be streaming the Game Bayern M?nchen vs HSV from the german Bundesliga today on youtube. Starting CET 20:30 = 2:30pm EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKLjKetcNo

It will prob be only watchable via youtube from north america, but still - free first class "soccer" for you guys ;)

Fox Sports will be streaming the Game Bayern M?nchen vs HSV from the german Bundesliga today on youtube. Starting CET 20:30 = 2:30pm EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKLjKetcNo

It will prob be only watchable via youtube from north america, but still - free first class "soccer" for you guys ;)

I missed it, but no probs; Fox Sports signed a broadcast deal with the Bundesliga, so I can just watch other games later.

This has been on my mind for a while... As PA'ers know, PA's Red Land Little League team is kicking serious ass at the moment. That's awesome for PA + we host the Little League World Series anyway so it's a reallllly big deal especially in York County where I live.

The team slogan for this push to win the World Series though is so...stereotypically Pennsylvanian and thus seemingly defeatist at first glance: #WhyNotUs

Huh? I feel like I'm just too dense, not into sports, and am missing something important. Maybe because Red Land is small and they wonder why a small town couldn't make it big?

First ever coach to win 5 rings.
First ever quarterback to win 5 rings.
First ever Superbowl overtime.
No one has ever come back from a 10 point deficit in the Superbowl... until tonight when the Patriots came back from being 25 points down.

I'm not a football guy. But that was an epic game.

First ever coach to win 5 rings.
First ever quarterback to win 5 rings.
First ever Superbowl overtime.
No one has ever come back from a 10 point deficit in the Superbowl... until tonight when the Patriots came back from being 25 points down.

I'm not a football guy. But that was an epic game.

I hope someone was keeping an eye on the air in those footballs...

Apparently Pete Rose is starting a sports betting podcast.

Just thought that was amusing enough to share.

I need to find where to throw money at the screen to obtain a Team Finland 2022 Olympics hockey jersey. They are gorgeous!