Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

So, if I'm hooking up two SATA hard drives, and I have one high-speed and one low-speed, how do I hook them up so that the fast one is the one used for the OS? Does it have anything to do with how I'm hooking them up to the motherboard, or is it just where I have the OS installer put it?

Will it screw anything up if the OS ends up on the drive that gets designated as "D" and not "C"?

Will it screw anything up if the OS ends up on the drive that gets designated as "D" and not "C"?

Not really. If the drives are empty, it doesn't matter much anyway, since Windows will designate the system drive as C:\ after formatting, whichever it is.

If they are already pre-formatted and designated, it won't do any difference, either; I already had multiple Windows systems installed on drives C:\ and D:\, and everything worked just fine.

So, if I'm hooking up two SATA hard drives, and I have one high-speed and one low-speed, how do I hook them up so that the fast one is the one used for the OS? Does it have anything to do with how I'm hooking them up to the motherboard, or is it just where I have the OS installer put it?

I generally only have the drive I want the OS on hooked up when installing then add the others later.

I generally only have the drive I want the OS on hooked up when installing then add the others later.

That's probably a good idea, anyways...just because I'm not exactly sure I'll know the difference between them when it comes time to format and load...they are both WD drives, and I don't know how they will be named...

So, the motherboard has five 3-pin fan plugs...these aren't controlled by the motherboard, right? These just deliver a flat level of power? I'm assuming the CPU one might, but...

^1tb black: WD1001FALS
1tb green: WD10EADS

they should be something close to that. The 3pin fan plugs should be able to control the fans, use speedfan.

I've been looking at BluRay players. A particular model made by Samsung catched my eye - mkv playback from USB storage, DVD region code modifyable, "WiFi ready" plus I have a Samsung TV and like the brand in general. So... what does "WiFi ready" mean? Yes, it means I'd have to buy a particular Samsung USB WiFi dongle for, sit down please, ?75 (Amazon price). SEVENTY-FIVE EUROS extra for WiFi connectivity. The player itself costs about ?180. So - fuck off Samsung.

BD-Live, some new Blurays have internet-enabled features of some sort.

So if a Bluray player is 180, plus 75 for wifi... how much does a PS3 go for over there?

299?

And BD-Live sounds like something not worth spending anything on.

I honestly have no idea... the only thing I know about it is a Disney commercial for a special edition of something or other that has a sort of social networking system built in. If that's the best they can come up with, I'm inclined to agree.

Since nobody seems to care about the PS4 concept... how about this rather odd iPhone?

[YOUTUBE]W3UoYdATVDI[/YOUTUBE]

I think the PS4 is cool, but the latest gen devices will always be crammed full of hardware, making something like the above pretty much impossible, unless it actually played laserdiscs and the controller was meant to be used by two people at once. What I could imagine, though, would be the PS3 looking like that in a few years, after the PS4 is out. This would be awesome.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdh4TqWFfX4[/YOUTUBE]

Also, you guys may have noticed I've not been online as much lately. Well, I spilled half a bottle of Gatorade onto my laptop. :(

Brother got a slimline PS2 for nothing off a mate a while ago.

Just tried it out yesterday, turns out it has a chip in it lol, win.

Playstation 9

So it's a bit like LSD? I'm disappointed if they'd actually go that much backwards in technology.

Do you think you can buy a too large mouse pad? I didn't think either. Until I received my Ulti-mat X3. I could cut this up to 4 pieces and they'd all be usable. :lol: