Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

One of my flash drives decided to stop working and it seems pretty stubborn, before I declare all hope lost(which I really hope I don't need to) can anyone help?
When I plug it in, it shows as:
https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/topgearfanatic/2010/10/07/problem.PNG
When clicked it shows:
https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/topgearfanatic/2010/10/07/clicked.PNG
I'm unable to format it and all the results on Google haven't been helpful, this is really getting on my nerves but I really don't want to give up because of some important documents on it.
Please help, anyone!

Yeah, there are still only a handful of Wii and DS games that I like.... not worth the price of entry for the most part.

... I say as I replay through the Phoenix Wright series.....

I am currently playing pokemon white. Haven't heard of it? That's because it comes out in april. Playing pokemon in japanese is hard but it is such a good game :( (I can hook anyone who wants to play it up with some roms)
But yeah I don't think most of the games are worth paying for. Not enough gameplay for 40$ imo for many games, pokemon platinum however has around 350 hours on the gameplay clock right now.... :blink:

I am currently playing pokemon white. Haven't heard of it? That's because it comes out in april. Playing pokemon in japanese is hard but it is such a good game :( (I can hook anyone who wants to play it up with some roms)
But yeah I don't think most of the games are worth paying for. Not enough gameplay for 40$ imo for many games, pokemon platinum however has around 350 hours on the gameplay clock right now.... :blink:

Hate to break it to you, but I have. :p I wouldn't be able to play without understanding it to some degree though, I don't really speak read any Japanese (when I think about it I know quite a few spoken words).

I can't get into the new Pokemons as much as I did the old ones. I have spent about 30 mins in platinum.... I like the battling just not a fan of the grinding. Played the hell out of Pokemon Stadium 2 for example.

One of my flash drives decided to stop working and it seems pretty stubborn, before I declare all hope lost(which I really hope I don't need to) can anyone help?
When I plug it in, it shows as:
https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/topgearfanatic/2010/10/07/problem.PNG
When clicked it shows:
https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/topgearfanatic/2010/10/07/clicked.PNG
I'm unable to format it and all the results on Google haven't been helpful, this is really getting on my nerves but I really don't want to give up because of some important documents on it.
Please help, anyone!

As far as I can tell, it's toast. Maybe try a data recovery program? Everyone seems to tell me flash drives are indestructible but I find them highly volatile :dunno:

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, it's toast. Maybe try a data recovery program? Everyone seems to tell me flash drives are indestructible but I find them highly volatile :dunno:

While they're pretty resilient to shock, static electricity can kill one pretty easy. They also have a finite number of read/writes before they become unstable.

I have a feeling the stupid school computers have something to do with it, they block the remove safely function and I could have easily fucked it up from pulling it out of the USB when it was still writing. I'll try some of my friends in IT at my school to see if they could try to fix it, if not it's meet hammer time for the thing. I've tried Recuva, which has always been good to me but it was stumped at trying to access it as much as I was.

Right click the desktop, Click "Personalization", Then click "Desktop Background" at the bottom. Select the folder with your wallpapers.
Thats what you are asking right?

(head lowered in shame)

Well...... thanks, that ..........was........ easy.

Facepalms self

Great, someone is DDoSsing my ISP.

Lots of packet loss and hoooge pings. :(

So i've set my resolution out of range for my display, and I was being impatient and pressed enter, getting rid of the revert prompt. How do I reset the resolution?

Nice :lol:. Reboot, mash F8, and see if you have an option to use VGA resolution. Then put up with 640 x 480 long enough to set it back to normal :p

well this is going to sound stupid and I'm sure there is a much, much better way, but uninstall your video driver in safe mode.

sku_48203_1.jpg

sku_48203_9.jpg

Apple peel 520 on sale at DX

Not bad for a device to turn that iPod Touch into a spare phone, and DX is sure jumping in early to try and grab sales.

Is there any light weight OS for a laptop that has basic functionality and exceptional battery life. It needs have peter power consumption than Windows 7. My friend's SOny laptop has this quick boot web browser thing that I totally dig, but I believe its actually part of the bios.

Is there any light weight OS for a laptop that has basic functionality and exceptional battery life. It needs have peter power consumption than Windows 7. My friend's SOny laptop has this quick boot web browser thing that I totally dig, but I believe its actually part of the bios.

Ah yes. Im also looking one for my fathers laptop. But since he used Win 7, he really wants to keep using it as he got used to it. I remember someone mentioning a slimmer version of Win 7 here....