Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Anyone know of a chain store that carries these?

COS118.jpg

At an inexpensive price? I was thinking Radioshack or some little electronics store. I'm buying a pair of $23 Logitech 2.1s and need one to hook up my 360.

Fry's Electronics has everything, assuming there is one near you.

^ That's usually right, but it'll be in some goofy place. Is it 1/8" on both sides, or is one 1/4"?

^ That's usually right, but it'll be in some goofy place. Is it 1/8" on both sides, or is one 1/4"?

1/8

Edit: damn, the closest one is in Downer's Grove, and I have no way of getting there.

Wherever did you get that idea :rolleyes:

I think you said you already have a converter from RCA? In that case my local Target had a couple of RCA female to female for like $2.50, which is what I use (I was working there at the time).

These would work but wow, that's overpriced:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2477686

EDIT:
That's better:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2407260

EDIT EDIT:
And finally, what you are actually looking for, but the other one was cheaper
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102697

TRIPLE EDIT: D'OH, only that last one isn't online-only. But you get the idea. Radioshack will have one or the other.

Thanks much, the Radioshack just up the street has those!

DAMMIT I knew this would happen. I'm starting to like Opera. Couple of niggles but overall it's clean. Except now my pages are covered in flash ads...

Creative Fatality gaming usb headset $20 on newegg. Free shipping.

Clicky

Last edited:
I hate newegg. So much stuff I want at good prices, but they won't ship overseas :(

Woo, I just got my laptop set up as a music player by streaming .flac flies over my wireless from my desktop so I can listen to my ye olde Hi-Fi and have gaming audio separate.

I think I'm almost ready to give up with this laptop. Especially now that refurb Macbook prices have dropped.

What is it and whaddya want for it?

What, my Asus?

Its an F9DC. AMD Turion TL-58 64 X2.

Nice, though even as hopeless as it is, I imagine we couldn't afford your broken lappy. Too many dollars to start.

Nice, though even as hopeless as it is, I imagine we couldn't afford your broken lappy. Too many dollars to start.

Well, the mobo and most of the components were replaced in the last service. The current issue they're trying to fix is why Windows is failing to recognize my legit CD key for activation.

Are you not able to install windows, or is it installed and just giving you a hard time? If the former, I'm guessing you have an OEM copy of windows and it's not recognizing your hardware as that of the manufacturer that it's supposed to be.

Are you not able to install windows, or is it installed and just giving you a hard time? If the former, I'm guessing you have an OEM copy of windows and it's not recognizing your hardware as that of the manufacturer that it's supposed to be.

Activator doesn't seem to recognize that the CD key is OEM.

Either way, its not my problem anymore in that its at the service center.

Windows 7 cannot come soon enough though.

My laptop hunt has currently taken an unexpected turn. It seems one of my relatives overseas can purchase Lenovos for cheap due to her tie ins with a university laptop program, so suddenly the X200 has dropped right into my price bracket.....:D

Specs:

* Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8700
(2.53GHz / 3MB L2 cache / 1066MHz FSB)
* Windows Vista Home Premium (Eng or TC)
* 2 x 2GB DDR3 1066MHz (Max. 4GB)
* 320GB 7200rpm SATA HDD
* Optional USB DVD Burner
* 12.1" WXGA (1280 x 800 / 16:10)
Anti-Glare TFT
* Intel GMA 4500 MHD (512MB Shared) Display Card
* Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN Wireless Card
* 3 Years Carry-In International Warranty
* Lithium Ion 6-cell / Up to 6.5 hours
* 29.5 x 21 x 2.1-3.5 cm
* 3.26 lbs (1.48 kg)

For pretty much the same price as the 14" Acer timeline I was look at earlier, its tempting since I'm a big Lenovo fanboy. Oh, and I'll get Win7 for free as well.

Last edited:
That's pretty awesome, I'd go for it.

Hell yeah, Radeon HD 5800 series has been officialy presented and will be sold in a few days... I knew it was a good idea not to rush the new PC build, now it's so getting a frickin' 5870 in there.

Hell yeah, Radeon HD 5800 series has been officialy presented and will be sold in a few days... I knew it was a good idea not to rush the new PC build, now it's so getting a frickin' 5870 in there.

I need to start saving for a Core i7 + crossfire 5800s build.