Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Anyone wanna try to help me out with a problem?

I just found my favorite oldie game online (Raptor: Call of the Shadows). The uploader repacked it with DosBox and premade launchers to make the game XP/Vista compatible. Problem is, I run 64-bit Windows 7, and the game won't run (says the OS is not compatible). Help?

Anyone wanna try to help me out with a problem?

I just found my favorite oldie game online (Raptor: Call of the Shadows). The uploader repacked it with DosBox and premade launchers to make the game XP/Vista compatible. Problem is, I run 64-bit Windows 7, and the game won't run (says the OS is not compatible). Help?

Set up DOSBox yourself. It's not too hard.

Any ideas on what case I should get for my HD2?

I'm currently using this:

HD2-F2_1.jpg

But the problem is that the plastic back is glued onto the leather/felt, and I can already hear it starting to come loose. Also, it makes using the headphone jack impossible OTG.

My current options:

Hmm, choices, choices...

I'd say go with 1.

Another thing.. I've been wanting to ask you this question (HD2) for a while, but never got the chance to....

I'm planning on getting the HD2 here in california, problem is that I use quite a bit of traditional Chinese programmes. Therefore most of my phones are either flashed or hacked so I can install any language version of the OS released by the manufacturer.

Here is my problem, since I've never played around with a WinMo phone before, how hard is it to flash a HD2, and where can I find the appropriate roms?

Thanks

Again, XDA devs is the place for all your info.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=534

Provided you can get a ROM, it'll be fine.

Hmm, Black or Silver aluminium case.....

pd1SHTH2B51pc1.jpg

1BHTH2B51_01.jpg

This doesn't look too bad, and is quiet a fair bit cheaper than the metal case

hd2_real_left1.jpg

But the exposed sides has me worried since my phone and keys usually go in the same pocket...

Last edited:
YAY!!! Xperia X10 coming soon! Don't have to cop out and buy an iPhone.

Now that I like.

Anyway, why would a modern PSU only have one pair of SATA power connectors and six 4-pin molex connectors? I mean come on, it's all SATA these days.

This is more of a mini rant but I think it's the right place for it. What's up with game developers tailor making games for specific hardware? This didn't used to be such an issue if it meant that you may take a slight performance hit but it's getting silly now. I feel like a bit of a tool for buying an ATI card when in quite a few games options are entirely disabled unless you have an Nvidia Physx compatible card. Sometimes I wonder why I bother with PC gaming, consoles don't have any of these comparability issues :mad:.

I just installed the Yoono sidebar thingy for FF, and it's pretty nifty. I now have all of my IMs, emails, newsfeeds, and Last.fm tucked into one location. It has a bunch of other stuff as well, like social networking shit and relevant new/sites/products based on what you're looking at. Big plus: it allows me to sign into AIM at work, meaning it must use a secure connection.

Yep, we use Pidgin here, too. Those of us that don't use Trillian, anyway.