Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Oh yeah, I forgot about that thing.

Small question to the people who are using Windows 7 and WMP12. You may have noticed a "Resume Previous List" feature in the jump list. Now I had to reinstall W7 recently and after a while of use I saw that "Resume Previous List" feature is missing.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ar/archie411/2010/08/09/WMP.png

Any ideas on how to get it back?? (yes yes I see the MPC. But I like to use WMP as well :p)

Any programs like Fraps but more lightweight?

Omg holy shit.

My dad just brought this 24" widescreen monitor, because I had a 20" wide on this comp. He's like here take it, they were not using it and wanted to give it away in the lab.

I just installed it.

I'm fucking lost in the screen, I dunno where to look. I love this.

Omg holy shit.

My dad just brought this 24" widescreen monitor, because I had a 20" wide on this comp. He's like here take it, they were not using it and wanted to give it away in the lab.

I just installed it.

I'm fucking lost in the screen, I dunno where to look. I love this.

i'm also lost, what screen did you get 20" or the 24"?

:lol: I guess its the 24". But I don't get the part "because". Your dad bought a 24" because you had a 20"???

Hint of jealousy here...im still on a 17" boxy LCD...be happy with what I got! Be happy me!

Over ear Headphones, not too bulky, but decent quality, any recommendations?

Koss Porta Pro are what's being recommended, Senns, or the ones i've seen are bulky, i dont mind, but it's not for me

I have 485s, they're light for me, but the friend has 215s and wants less bulky than that

Last edited:
i'm also lost, what screen did you get 20" or the 24"?

24"

:lol: I guess its the 24". But I don't get the part "because". Your dad bought a 24" because you had a 20"???

Hint of jealousy here...im still on a 17" boxy LCD...be happy with what I got! Be happy me!

Dad didn't buy it. They had one just lying around in the lab and they were telling him to take it. He noticed that my monitor was small, and because he'd been watching me work on flyers and stuff he thought it might be better if I used a bigger monitor. So instead of putting it somewhere else in the house, he gave it to me :D.

24"

Dad didn't buy it. They had one just lying around in the lab and they were telling him to take it. He noticed that my monitor was small, and because he'd been watching me work on flyers and stuff he thought it might be better if I used a bigger monitor. So instead of putting it somewhere else in the house, he gave it to me :D.

24" is pretty much my ideal "computer desk monitor" size. As big as you can get without being uncomfortable. Even my current 22" looks sad when I put it next to a friend's 24...

Whenever I get down on my 21.6" monitor, I go and use my netbook for a few minutes.

A new project is sitting on my desk, a broken HP Pavillion DV9000. I worked on it earlier in the year (or late last year) but it's owner decided it wasn't worth spending the cash to fix it so bought something new. Now I've been given it to see if I can do anything with it. I can't remember what the problem was but the first thing to do is get a power supply.

I think the graphics probably died, which would mean a new mainboard. I'm keeping an eye on eBay for either a smahed but working laptop or a working mainboard.

I know someone with the same laptop, if it has the NVidia GPU it is extremely prone to failure IIRC.

That's the one. Hopefully I can get it to run again for a couple of years.