Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

I've always hated the form factor. With the broad, flat face, it's just an inherently flawed design when you're dealing with high speed air passing it; both with issues of shaking/stability, but also sound.

Last edited:
I dislike gopro's for them insisting it's HD when it clearly isn't.

umm...what? did you physically count the number of pixels in the film or something?

Damn 240p 4K clips! :shakefist:

I dislike gopro's for them insisting it's HD when it clearly isn't.

Eh? How can it not be?

High-definition video is video of higher resolution and quality than standard-definition. While there is no standardized meaning for high-definition, generally any video image with more than 480 horizontal lines (North America) or 576 lines (Europe) is considered high-definition.

This is the first clip from the Hero4 that came up on Google:

[video=youtube;SIqNoV-dfSc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIqNoV-dfSc[/video]

Looks pretty fucking HD to me.

I bought a bullet cam when I wanted an action camera, but only because the camera plugs in to the recorder and both can be mounted separately. If I just wanted a brilliant camera I would've bought a GoPro, no question. Price is the only reasoning for buying anything different as far as I'm concerned, I watch lots of reviews of cheaper cameras on Youtube and it's widely recognised that none are as good as the GoPro because you get what you pay for.

Eh? How can it not be?

This is the first clip from the Hero4 that came up on Google:

[video=youtube;SIqNoV-dfSc]snip[/video]

Looks pretty fucking HD to me.

I bought a bullet cam when I wanted an action camera, but only because the camera plugs in to the recorder and both can be mounted separately. If I just wanted a brilliant camera I would've bought a GoPro, no question. Price is the only reasoning for buying anything different as far as I'm concerned, I watch lots of reviews of cheaper cameras on Youtube and it's widely recognised that none are as good as the GoPro because you get what you pay for.

Ok.:rolleyes:

Company is giving everyone an Ipad Air 2 64 GB Wifi only...

not_sure_if_want.jpg

Think I made up my mind : anyone wanna buy an iPad Air 64 gb off me?

Or maybe not... looking into the specs the price does start to make sense...

I have used iPads before and wasn't terribly impressed. Sure they work fine but I was missing the wow factor that most people talk about.
A lot of things seem counterproductive and weird when you're used to Android (I like a back button for instance) but nothing major.

One big dealbreaker for me is iTunes though, I hate it with a vengeance.

:hmm:

Goddammit all the "sell your crap" site visitors are stingy fuckers. Haven't had a decent offer for the iPad yet so I'm leaning more towards keeping it.

Screw this, I'm keeping it. So shiny. So hi res. Me likey so far.

Installing iTunes for the first time in ever.I've converted to the dark side!

THE-DARK-SIDE-OF-THE-APPLE_Where-Excuses-Go-to-Die.jpg

Why would you sell the iPad when you yourself got it for free?

Because money. I'd never spend 600? on such an item and would rather have the money.
reading about it made me weak at the knees though, and people with stupid offers, coupled to my 1) lazyness and 2)impatience made me rip open the box today

Are you going to explain your point if you think I missed it or are you just avoiding admitting you're wrong. Your idea of HD may vary but the real world HD matches up to the videos that come from a GoPro. I don't own one remember so there's no loyalty here.

Why would you sell the iPad when you yourself got it for free?

Not this shit again. Since when was it unacceptable to sell a device you got for free?

Anyone know of any cheap infra-red lights that can be run from USB? I want something that can get a decent spread of IR without having to carry a 12V battery around, ideally I'll use this as an excuse to get a decent USB backup battery.

I'll be going along to a night off road event in a weeks time and happen to have a lens for my action camera that will pick up IR (a mistake as it happens but quite handy now). If I can illuminate the area I could get some good shots.

probably easiest way is to hack up an Wii/Wii U "Sensor Bar" - it's an plastic bar with IR Led's stuffed into it. Range should be good for 3 to 5 meters.

Anyone know of any cheap infra-red lights that can be run from USB? I want something that can get a decent spread of IR without having to carry a 12V battery around, ideally I'll use this as an excuse to get a decent USB backup battery.

I'll be going along to a night off road event in a weeks time and happen to have a lens for my action camera that will pick up IR (a mistake as it happens but quite handy now). If I can illuminate the area I could get some good shots.

Not cheap, and no USB, but: https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/puolalainen-ns-71-yonakolaite-kaytetty/28687/ :p

:lol: That's brilliant!

probably easiest way is to hack up an Wii/Wii U "Sensor Bar" - it's an plastic bar with IR Led's stuffed into it. Range should be good for 3 to 5 meters.

Looking at them on eBay that seems like the best idea, couldn't buy the LEDs for that price. Thanks.

Last edited: