Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
It's been mentioned and I've been wondering so, why not! Post your random TG related thoughts here!

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
I wish we could have a new show 52 times a year.

Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
I sometimes wish that it was old school Top Gear (I watched the 1500 coupe challenge today on Youtube) because it felt you know, "homegrown". I don't even know if that's the word.

They should come to Australia sometime this year also.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
I wish we could have a new show 52 times a year.
I think we should get random short videos of them just being asses every week to hold us off.

xicedlovexoxo

Car(s)
2008 Subaru Impreza
I really, really, really shouldn't, but I have such a huge crush on Richard Hammond. And I almost told my boyfie today that I'd dump him if I ever met Hammond. Almost. But instead I said "No, he's married. I don't go after married men." LIIIIIIES. >,< Damn you Hamster, for being so adorable!

Elvis313

Car(s)
2013 Volvo V60 D6
is it really necessary to seperate random thoughts into several "...edition" threads?
kind of paradox, isn't it?

dawes

Not A Dude
Car(s)
Someday I'll own an Alfa Romeo Spyder.
Can't wait 'til June. I'm watching TG from the beginning now (I see season 2 as the beginning, when James came on) to have something to do 'til June. BTW, the Dutch network that broadcasts TG is advertising 'The new season coming up next Friday' , i.e. season 12, that I've already seen on the internet and Canvas (network from Belgium :p)

teeb

Car(s)
old Saab 9-3 coup?
Jordan needs to be on Top gear again.
Oh please god, no.

is it really necessary to seperate random thoughts into several "...edition" threads?
kind of paradox, isn't it?
Not necessarily - 'random thoughts' in Gen Auto is for car-related thoughts, this one is for things related to Top Gear, and 'offtopic' one is for anything else.

If you put offtopic random thoughts - "my favourite cheese is made backwards" in Gen Auto you'd be mocked. Same works for car thoughts in offtopic or Top Gear in something that isn't here.

Personally I'm planning to use this for little Top Gear references that keep popping up in the media that don't deserve their own thread.

MadCat360

Forum Addict
Car(s)
*Carless* Waaahhh
Not necessarily - 'random thoughts' in Gen Auto is for car-related thoughts, this one is for things related to Top Gear, and 'offtopic' one is for anything else.

If you put offtopic random thoughts - "my favourite cheese is made backwards" in Gen Auto you'd be mocked. Same works for car thoughts in offtopic or Top Gear in something that isn't here.

Personally I'm planning to use this for little Top Gear references that keep popping up in the media that don't deserve their own thread.
But it's not random then. :|

That's like saying "right, I'm gonna roll this dice, only I need a 6 or above so that's the only number it has on it".

OT: Top Gear is good.

Terrible3

Car(s)
2008 Mazda 3 Sport 2.3L
I am still wondering when they are going to drive the audi R10. Considering they hate diesel cars so much, it would be awesome to see one of them drive it.

Terrible3

Car(s)
2008 Mazda 3 Sport 2.3L
They don't seem to hate diesel. Maybe that's just me.
In some reviews they dont seem to mind it. Most of the time when they are given an option between a diesel and a petrol engine, they always take the petrol. The truth is that the R10 would smoke everything on the top gear track (except F1 cars) and its a diesel. I just think it would make a funny review. The car has +800 pound feet of torque yet is almost silent.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Was just rewatching the episode with the M5 Estate, and the E63 AMG Estate, and I noticed this.

Isn't that front overhang on the bus a bit long for narrow England streets and tight turns?

shad_68

DOOD looks like a lady
Car(s)
FiST in mah butt
Isn't it the other way round, that the wheelbase is so short /overhang so long to allow it to negotiate tight turns?