Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

I love that this is the first result. :lol:

Dave have been playing some specials, the Indian, which well... We know how bad that is, followed by the first American special, which is still fucking phenomenal.

Does anyone have a link to the clip (or at least the episode info) of Jeremy Clarkson talking about...either french cars in general, or perhaps a Citroen DS...about how everything in them used to be wacky, and an example he gave was something about how the gear shift was a stalk of celery, and something about the turn signal being on the ceiling or something...

Any ideas?

I'm fairly sure its 8.05 and the review of the Citroën C6 which starts with an old CX to illustrate the madness. I can only find the second part of the film on YouTube, the part where JC uses a C6 and a BMW 5 series to film the two halves of a horse race.

can confirm. highlights include him struggling with the CX's brake button and wanting to start the C6 by licking a pad in the middle of the steering wheel

hm.
hammond.png

Last edited:
8DE558E4-512E-460B-BFC5-B09AB59ACA45.jpeg

What episode is this?

5CEF89BF-0016-4DFB-8D02-D4B8FFDA164B.jpeg

Watching 13x05 episode with the RWD cheap car challenge.

It’s comforting to rewatch.

As far as I remember (I went to a few of the live shows at the NEC) they weren't recorded, so anything you find will be Shaky Dave and his Handycam. I certainly don't remember them showing it on TV, flogging DVDs or even giving them away with the magazine.

I have some photos from at least one show, I should upload them to my website.

Woman no-one's heard of has six month affair with un-named man she met on the internet who claims to be The Stig. :sleeping:

I detect the hand of the lady's publicist in this.
You've got a nerve Oakley you devious little boy, you know full well it was you that snared her with your predatory bulls*it, then you ran away and hid like a gutless wrongun. You lied to her about getting her a start in Motorsport because you were the Stig imposter, tricked her into going to the Motorsport expo in Cologne. She thought it was to meet F1 teams but really it was a trade show. You dressed her up in kinky underwear for your perverted kicks while you was there, knowing full well that you was disappearing from her for good as soon as you got back. Then you had the audacity to do it again to another woman the next year. Isn't it about time you stopped all your lying and took some responsibility for your gutless behaviour and started owning this. You owe a lot of women some apologies and an explanation of why you decided to take liberties with them. Soon it will be a crime of rape by deception and then you will finally get your justice.

Whoa, that's meta - an article about Woman no-one's heard of has six month affair with un-named man she met on the internet who claims to be The Stig has been linked more than 11 years ago, you registered here to quote someone who just quoted the link and replied something, and you go on a rant towards that guy? It's extremely unlikely the guy reads your rant, let alone be shaken by an anonymous ranter on the Internet...