Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Last edited:
I had seen the "turned diva" article. What I don't understand was why they had to move 4 people. James doesn't look that fat to me.:p

From the comments in the Heat magazine article on the same topic:

I am a member of the family of four who was "bumped" from business class for James May. First of all we OFFERED to move to economy class after James spoke to us privately (which was quite a thrill in itself - I'm a big fan of Top Gear) and explained the situation to us. I won't go into details because of the private nature of the conversation, but James had a very good reason for wanting business class & I think anyone who was in our position would have agreed with him. Second, once we actually boarded the flight we found that there wasn't a lack of seats after all! It was all down to the incompetence of the BA staff who were also VERY rude to Mr. May and myself. As usual the media have made a mountain out of a mole hill. James May stayed very calm during the whole situation, and only became annoyed when the staff seemed completely disinterested in fixing the situation. I'm not surprised your "source" would try to blame their customers for their own stupidity - that's how they treated us throughout.

The plot thickens.

Last edited:
I just saw that comment myself. I never believed one minute James turned diva.
It was quite difficult to fathom... and the "celebrity prick" theme sells just too well to pass up on it, I suppose.

Okay. Explicitly for the record, we have noted that you do not have a man-crush on the hamster.

Of course, why you feel the need to deny that, I don't really understand.

Okay. Explicitly for the record, we have noted that you do not have a man-crush on the hamster.

Of course, why you feel the need to deny that, I don't really understand.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

James is a busy man--there's a reason big companies pay up the nose for their important staff to fly business class. If he needed to write a column and probably get a few hours of sleep, I completely understand him being upset at being forced into cattle class. He said in that Youtube interview above that he rarely gets a night off.

I'd forgotten how fecking epic the London car vs boat vs bike vs public transport race was.