Random Thoughts....

It can't be any worse than Esquire, the Cosmo Girl! for dudes who think they'll pick up an issue and suddenly become George Clooney.

Talking of mens magazines and no mention of GQ?

You know what's the biggest joke in America right now? Destiny USA.

It's an insanely complicated proposal to expand an already-sprawling shopping mall in the armpit of upstate New York, Syracuse, into a huge, chintzy Vegas-esque "experience" by building indoor lakes, fake Tuscan villages, monorails, a stadium, three golf courses, a bazillion hotels, a recreation of the fucking Erie Canal (even though the real one is literally right outside)...all covered under a massive glass roof (for "perfect weather, 365 days a year"). It's the most idiotic flimsy plan ever conceived by mankind, and the hated developers would have an easier time building white elephants on Mars.

Besides the obvious facts like that nobody ever willingly goes to Syracuse, we're situated next to the one of the most polluted lakes in the country, and the fact that the city has been losing jobs and manufacturing work for the past 30 years, infuriatingly, the Carousel Center mall still rattles on about how they're transforming Syracuse, bringing 300,000 jobs and high-tech companies into the area to bring more jobs. Of course, of the three companies they courted for their new research park they already completed north of I-81, two have moved out already and one shut down their US operations! And they always bang on about "green technologies" and "green construction" with propaganda posters inside the mall telling us to turn off light switches to make up for the carbon they're saving with their "green" construction methods.

Hey, you know what's even greener than "green" construction? NO construction at all!

So naturally, Citibank stopped lending the developers money to finish "Phase 1" (the ONLY phase, ever), the 848,000 foot expansion of the mall. Why? Because with construction almost finished, the developers hadn't named a single tenant! Which obviously led to the conclusion that in the recession, not a single store would be open! And we're left with a giant, taxpayer-funded empty box tacked onto the existing mall. Awesome.

Lastly, out of seemingly nowhere the official site lists something cryptic known as Arendi, "a convention defying retail experience that redefines customer service." Eerie, it could be Aperture Science for all I knew. :unsure:

More info here. Note the hilarious EPIC FAIL of the situation.

For example, their articles on forming a good timeless wardrobe, shaving tips, an article on wine, scotch and beer here and there, what beverages go best with what foods and whatnot ... applying those did good things for me.

Why do you need a magazine for that?

All you need for a wardrobe is some Top Siders, Levis, and Ray Ban Aviators, there timeless. And for me particularly I much prefer tasting the booze over reading about it, although Oz and James are good fun I'd read an article by them.

Why do you need a magazine for that?

All you need for a wardrobe is some Top Siders, Levis, and Ray Ban Aviators, there timeless. And for me particularly I much prefer tasting the booze over reading about it, although Oz and James are good fun I'd read an article by them.

See, this is why you don't get complimented for your clothes and taste in selecting booze and I do. (Yes, I do actually wear clothes inspired by them and I do taste booze which otherwise I wouldn't have known about if I haven't read it in an article, so stop assuming that all I do is read.)

And Levis? Fashionable? Seriously, my man ... Tell me you're not one of those people who buy Nike apparel just because it has a Nike logo on it.
And what you said doesn't mean anything, it's just Brand names. Fashion is not about the brand names, it's about what you wear, how it fits on you and how it looks on you, regardless of who made it. If the only things you believe in is brand names then you are what we business students like to call a "marketing victim".

I get complimented on my clothes because I buy cool shirts like this. :p

And what you said doesn't mean anything, it's just Brand names. Fashion is not about the brand names, it's about what you wear, how it fits on you and how it looks on you, regardless of who made it. If the only things you believe in is brand names then you are what we business students like to call a "marketing victim".

Which is ironic, because all those men's magazines talk about are brand names because there's no other way of espousing how any of that expensive crap (that George Clooney wears) would look good on you. Which is exactly why I don't bother reading them for fashion tips.

Seeing as what I wear every day when I'm arsing about is a well-fitting t-shirt and jeans, I don't need to care too much.

I do sometimes browse Esq for alcohol advice (because I can't afford Blue Label, so somebody has to) and pictures of Megan Fox. :mrgreen:

How the fuck is Windows Server 2008 so godawful? At first I thought it was really neat to work on, but now it's just fucking annoying and a pain in my ass, and Windows Server 2003 was much easier to work on.

Any man who reads magazines for fashion tips needs to hand over his man card immediately..

I get complimented on my clothes because I buy cool shirts like this. :p
Compliments from guys don't count. It has to come from the opposite sex. :p

Which is ironic, because all those men's magazines talk about are brand names because there's no other way of espousing how any of that expensive crap (that George Clooney wears) would look good on you. Which is exactly why I don't bother reading them for fashion tips.
That's why I don't take all the articles to heart. Mainly just look at the pictures when they do a "brand ad" article to see what goes with what, what colors, etc. and then buy something similar at a much cheaper price. I'm just looking for the knowledge of the fashion coordinators, not for what specific brands they'd like me to wear.

Seeing as what I wear every day when I'm arsing about is a well-fitting t-shirt and jeans, I don't need to care too much.
That explains a lot.

Any man who reads magazines for fashion tips needs to hand over his man card immediately..

To my defense I just peruse the fashion segments, because most of the articles are just advertisement. I actually get the bulk of my knowledge from books such as this:http://www.amazon.com/Dressing-Man-Mastering-Permanent-Fashion/dp/0060191449, which is the book that large men's clothes designers such as Ralph Lauren and others buy in bulk and give one to each of their employees as homework. Haven't finished reading it yet, but getting there. Now that's wardrobe knowledge from people who know what they're talking about and don't have anything to sell, magazines are just for new ideas.

jeez alimosh, you sound like a woman.
No, I'm just a man that's more conscious about his appearance than other men, who just tend to not give a fuck. Men don't like this, they see it as a bad thing and that only women should look good and dress well. Well, I disagree and so do many of my female friends. Men's looks actually matter a lot to women as well, though most won't admit to it.

Last edited:
How the fuck is Windows Server 2008 so godawful? At first I thought it was really neat to work on, but now it's just fucking annoying and a pain in my ass, and Windows Server 2003 was much easier to work on.

Cos it's based on/looks exactly the same as Vista. :p

All this burger talk has me wanting a decent burger and chips tomorrow......