Random Thoughts....

I was just in the local supermarket with my Dad, and saw an old woman dunking her hand into the Pic n Mix thingy, and wondering off with a handful of Dolly Mix and Cola Cubes.

:blink:
What is; spot the pikey?

And on another note:

My daughter has just passed (PASSED ?????!!???) her driving theory test 1st time! I am amazed!

Last edited:
What is; spot the pikey?

And on another note:

My daughter has just passed (PASSED ?????!!???) her driving theory test 1st time! I am amazed!

:lol:
The glitz and glamour of Limerick City :p

Congrats to your daughter BTW!!

Last edited:
Which is what a year? They will break the day after like every other electronic thing
I also I trouble justifying headphones that cost more than what they are plugged into.

Or you could get yourself some Koss KSC 75s, for 15$, with arguably by far the best sound quality of anything in that pricerange, and a lifetime warranty...

I have broken some headphones. Sennheiser HD201, Steelseries 3H, Sennheiser HD202 is my list of broken headphones. Now i've got Koss SB49's, and they're not broken yet!

Which is what a year? They will break the day after like every other electronic thing
I also I trouble justifying headphones that cost more than what they are plugged into.

I bought some 40 euro Philips headphones 6 years back for my first job, they still work. :p

Sennheiser HD202

oh, I want those...

I had a great pair of Aiwa headphones. They cover the whole ear, sound-proofing was superb, you couldn't hear anything except what was playing. And the best thing, they were very, very flexible! Had them for almost 10 years. But now they're worn out and the cabel snaped...

oh, I want those...

I had a great pair of Aiwa headphones. They cover the whole ear, sound-proofing was superb, you couldn't hear anything except what was playing. And the best thing, they were very, very flexible! Had them for almost 10 years. But now they're worn out and the cabel snaped...

I like my Koss SB49's more then HD202's. If i had loads of cash i'd get myself Siberia's.

Silly people and your silly headphones!! If you buy a great pair that is made the way all headphones should be made, then they will never break. Such as my Audio-Technica ATH M30s.

They're only a few days old, though, so I don't know how tough they are, but they have the thickest wire ever, the connector is gold-plated for sonic accuracy and it's all-metal with a spring-support at the end of the wire, not your flimsy rubber stuff. And to top that up, they output is absolutely awesome. They're enormous, but hey, what do you expect from studio monitor headphones? :D

</headphone discussion>

Just realised you can now rename your own threads. Excellent!

zwym3p.png

Am I just an idiot, or are there others yet to figure that out as well???

EDIT: Awww, WTF. Now I can't do it anymore. :?

Last edited:
My headphones just broke :cry:

Mine broke a few days ago... now it's just being held together by spit.

Good thing is, I realized they only cost $28 now so I can just buy another one. But maybe I shouldn't since Motorola didn't give a shit when I called them a month after buying the headphones when they initially started to fall apart. But $28 is seriously hard to beat for over the ear wireless headphones... :hmm:

My iPod headphones I've had since Christmas are slowly starting to deteriorate now...:(

And they've gone all grey.

The sound's still ok, that's the most important thing.:)

Fuck, I've probably jinxed it now...:(

I have broken some headphones. Sennheiser HD201, Steelseries 3H, Sennheiser HD202 is my list of broken headphones. Now i've got Koss SB49's, and they're not broken yet!

See this is what I worry about, "good" headphones that break. I can't afford to buy a second pair of those and everything will break eventually. I have had ones that lasted less than a month before, so I do not trust my luck on such things. I ALWAYS get lemon electronics.

See this is what I worry about, "good" headphones that break. I can't afford to buy a second pair of those and everything will break eventually. I have had ones that lasted less than a month before, so I do not trust my luck on such things. I ALWAYS get lemon electronics.

If they're actually good ones, and you buy them from a legitimate store they'll have a warranty and will generally be replaced for it if you can be bothered to contact them and do the warranty process. Audio companies usually have pretty high standards and good customer service- they couldn't survive if they made expensive fragile stuff and didn't help the customer when something goes wrong.

Keep your receipts and warranty information for anything non-trivial you buy.

Keep your receipts and warranty information for anything non-trivial you buy.

And don't buy online because, at least according to stupid Motorola, that doesn't count as a legitimate purchase. :rolleyes:

I'm kidding, some companies just suck at after-sales service (but still, that's exactly what the bitch at Motorola told me).

I've had my headphones for 14 years! If you take care of stuff, stuff till take care of you. :)

Or you could get yourself some Koss KSC 75s, for 15$, with arguably by far the best sound quality of anything in that pricerange, and a lifetime warranty...

This. I have a pair of modified KSC75s (depodded, 68 ohm reisistors, markl mod and modded foam pads), and they're excellent on the go.

Another good but reasonably priced headphone is the iGrado, which have the same driver units as the Grado SR60 but in a more street-friendly form factor.

On the subject of headphones on the go, am I the only one here insane enough to have blown $400 on a pair of IEMs???? :blink: