Random Thoughts....

Damn internet at home has died.........grrr.........

Well, since i am going to uni i needed to get some clothes.

That is not important tho, i go to the store right and i grab a shopping cart and it was the first one i ever saw that i could powerslide.

Being the sane, well adapted human that i am i spent a good part of my visit doing DORIFTO! in me shopping cart.

also i bought some clothes i think.

EDIT: 200th post :D

Does it have four wheel steering like you get here? Most of the ones I saw in the US were front wheel drive :(

Very close to sealing the deal on a 2006 RX-8 myself... made an offer and it was accepted. Just need to decide if I want to deal with rotary.

If it is a manual you won't need to worry. Just keep an eye on the oil (check it once a week is more than enough) and let it run a couple minutes if you need to move it a short distance. If it does flood all you need to do is start the car with the accelerated planted all the way and the ECU will kill the fuel pump letting what is sitting in the engine be burnt.

Does it have four wheel steering like you get here? Most of the ones I saw in the US were front wheel drive :(
that was what i was trying to say, that is the first four-wheel steering shopping cart i had ever have the pleasure to drive, stupid stores have fail wheel drive carts only

If it is a manual you won't need to worry. Just keep an eye on the oil (check it once a week is more than enough) and let it run a couple minutes if you need to move it a short distance. If it does flood all you need to do is start the car with the accelerated planted all the way and the ECU will kill the fuel pump letting what is sitting in the engine be burnt.

And what if it isn't? It's not the crappy 4-speed auto, in 2006 it got a 6 speed and more power.

And what if it isn't? It's not the crappy 4-speed auto, in 2006 it got a 6 speed and more power.

I don't know why you would want the automatic. But the ECU problem was resolved by then so it shouldn't be an issue.

It's not so much that I want the auto, but I could go either way and this specific car is a good find. I read about the ECU problems pre-2006 as well.

It's not so much that I want the auto, but I could go either way and this specific car is a good find. I read about the ECU problems pre-2006 as well.

As I have warned Quiky, buying an automatic RX8 is an act of automotive sacrilege and I will be forced to kill you :mrgreen:

You would buy a not manual car if you have a choice? :blink:

Would you spare my life if I told you it has paddle shifters and Adaptive Shift Logic (whatever that is) :cry:

Hmm.... :shifty:

I didn't even know the RX series came with paddle-shifters. Do you know if it's dual clutch or just a human-controlled automatic?

Still though, if I had a choice the manual is the way to go- but paddle shifters are alright, they at least give control to the driver.

Hmm.... :shifty:

I didn't even know the RX series came with paddle-shifters. Do you know if it's dual clutch or just a human-controlled automatic?

Still though, if I had a choice the manual is the way to go- but paddle shifters are alright, they at least give control to the driver.

There are no DSG RX-8s. It has a detuned 6 port (instead of the 4 port used in the earlier autos) still down on power compared to the manual. Paddles on autos can be dodgy.

I don't think Mazda wanted the RX-8 to have an auto, they just through it on there for people who can't drive.

There are no DSG RX-8s. It has a detuned 6 port (instead of the 4 port used in the earlier autos) still down on power compared to the manual. Paddles on autos can be dodgy.

I don't think Mazda wanted the RX-8 to have an auto, they just through it on there for people who can't drive.

That's what I thought. Same with the MX5.