Random Thoughts....

We had another dust storm last night, it was a bit meh compared to the one a couple of days back. (because I'm 14 I did not have any trace of a clean up thought, rather a large OMG THIS IS SO AWESUM!! thought resonated through my mind followed by extreme disappointment when I realized it didn't look completely apocalyptic

Right... A dutch truck-driver managed to crash his truck on a Swedish highway. Besides being high as a kite, he told police that he was masturbating when the accident happened. Cops brought him to the station and during the interrogation... he starts to beat the pork sword once more.

What the hell is wrong with people?

I'm pissed, I spent all of today watching a brilliant battle between Audi and Peugeot just to have the race cut because of rain, which had stopped a half hour before the decision was made. There are only a few races I can catch live because of time differences and it gets cut before the battle gets really good! I could have spent all day working on my car with my Dad and now I feel like an asshole for not doing so! Fuck you race stewards, fuck you for the blue balls and fuck you for cutting the race and making me feel like an asshole!

You have a Jetta. You'll need lots of time to work on it.

I'm not normally one to get music stuck in his head, but I've been mentally listening to this all day and finally tracked it down:

[YOUTUBE]kFNHlJ6yvEA[/YOUTUBE]

Weird part is I haven't played that game with sound in years.

Last edited:
High school doesn't have as many oppurtunities as University. Case in point - Formula SAE. If you are REMOTELY interested in being taken seriously in mechnical engineering jobs in the future this is damn good to have on your CV. High school doesn't give you the oppurtunity to go out and build A FUCKEN RACING CAR! (Melbournian, you'd probably get in purely on the basis that you're a girl :p IIRC our team has a simliar policy to encourage more female team members)

:lol: This is terrible, but I plan exploiting my femininity at least a little bit to get into engineering. Obviously I hope that if I was studying I would be respected more for my intellect than my gender but if it's something that I can use to my advantage I'll use it.

My experience was/is not like that at all. Every single professor I've worked with would have been glad to help out a student with a genuine problem who came in during office hours to talk about it.
This has (mostly) been my experience, too, though still--I haven't enjoyed college as much as I thought I would. Expectations were too high, I guess, plus I had some nasty illness issues that reared their ugly head, along with some problems with people who were nasty for no good reason.

I'd almost even say that high school was more fun.

If you avoid nasty people and don't get sick, though, college = awesome.

Riddle me this, random thoughtsers. Why the devil are college sports more popular than the professional leagues that the college kids aim to get into? Cheap tickets?

Honestly, look at this, all of the huge american stadiums are college team's stadiums.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stadiums_by_capacity

Price of tickets is definitely a part of the equation. High school sports are becoming increasing popular as college tickets too become unattainably expensive. Tickets to most SEC games start at $50 a seat and go up. There's also an aspect of over-doing it in professional sports, particularly football. When you watch an NFL game it's too polished, too perfect, too... paid. There's something about the unpredictability from season to season in college as students rotate through and the fact that even at the big schools it still isn't THAT serious. NFL is just too serious. No one seems to be having any fun at all.

I grew up with "the smell of the grease paint, the roar of the crowd" BIG time college football games. I have zero interest in ever going to see NFL. I lived in Nashville with they went to the Superbowl and still couldn't be bothered. It's just boring.

Riddle me this, random thoughtsers. Why the devil are college sports more popular than the professional leagues that the college kids aim to get into? Cheap tickets?

Honestly, look at this, all of the huge american stadiums are college team's stadiums.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stadiums_by_capacity
My fandom in order of importance is thus, my high school team first and foremost as I actually played on the team, followed by my alma mater the University of Tennessee, and lastly the Indianapolis Colts. Perhaps if the Colts allow me a front office job the order might change.

<- I'm not sure about it, is my little fedora any good?

I have zero interest in ever going to see NFL. I lived in Nashville with they went to the Superbowl and still couldn't be bothered. It's just boring.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Unpossible! The entire state was excited about it. Well, except the Memphis area, but that's because they're sore losers.

I mean, watching Steve McNair work his magic and Kevin Dyson being in the wrong place at the right time for a Music City Miracle?

I do agree that college is way more exciting though.

There was a rozzer at my door just a few minutes ago. That scared the hell out of me at first because who exactly comes around ringing your doorbell at a quarter past midnight? As it turned out, I must have hit the dome light switch in my Saturn after returning from a shopping trip and the rozzer pointed out it was on.

I guess it's worth having the hell scared out of me by a rozzer rather than having a dead battery in the morning.

Went to my sister's wedding tonight and enjoyed it, but I have to say I was a bit surprised that the only people who were wearing a properly fitting suit besides the groom and groomsmen, who had professional help, were my father and I. The only reason I noticed is because I had fretted about getting a suit that fits properly and did some research to make sure I didn't look like a fool. Nearly every man there was wearing a jacket with sleeves which were too long; while my father, the groom and groomsman, and I were the only ones who had gotten our suits tailored or just found one which fits properly (me) and showed a bit of shirt sleeve. Shame.

There was a rozzer at my door just a few minutes ago. That scared the hell out of me at first because who exactly comes around ringing your doorbell at a quarter past midnight? As it turned out, I must have hit the dome light switch in my Saturn after returning from a shopping trip and the rozzer pointed out it was on.

I guess it's worth having the hell scared out of me by a rozzer rather than having a dead battery in the morning.

The other day we had a police car parked in the driveway for a few hours because some kids had stolen a TV from the local mall, and had apparently excaped on foot through the woods. They were eventually caught in what is practically my back yard.

So I was just thinking; I'd someday like to own a really fast station wagon.

With custom license plates.

That say "REO".