Random Thoughts....

It seemed like really nervous laughter from the crowd. I was on-edge! He almost looked like he was going to crack or something! Seriously, I was ready for him to say or do just about anything. At one point there were flashes of R. Budd Dwyer in my mind, not that I thought he would, just that I was expecting anything/everything.

Letterman's a weired guy, though. He's all very 'hush-hush' about everything, what with the ranch in the middle of nowhere and the 12,000 volt electric fence. He never really does interviews, rarely appears in films and always uses that pseudonym "Earl Hofert" whenever he is in one.

I can only imagine that the "evidence" in the box was photographs or tape recordings or something like that... He probably would have been very freaked out by the invasion. I guess that saying all this on air is his way of trying to take back a bit of control or whatever. I'm not surprised he called his lawyer first, though because he really only trusts "his people".

Also, I saw that clip of Conan bonking his noggin the other day. I didn't think it was funny; It looked like it hurt!

EDIT: I just looked the whole thing up on the Wiki:

"News reports the next day identified the perpetrator as Joe Halderman, a producer of the CBS series 48 Hours, who at one time lived with one of Letterman's assistants Stephanie Birkitt."

I remember her! He used to make her do a parody of her ex-boyfriend dancing to Rod Stewart!

I wonder was she one of the ones he was bangin'... or if maybe she just knew about the others.

Last edited:
Oh yeah Conan's whack was nasty. He was apparently out of it for at least an hour after. I'm surprised he was on Monday even.

As for Dave, that's even more creepy that it was someone from CBS. Makes me wonder if maybe Halderman WAS that dancing ex-boyfriend and had a grudge? Yahoo news says the guy has pleaded not guilty and is being held on $200,000 bail. I hope the guy confesses before a trial though. They'll never find a jury.

EDIT: Yahoo says even staff was in the dark about the revelation.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20091002/en_ynews/ynews_en938

Edit2: More info
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091002/ap_en_tv/us_tv_letterman_extortion

Last edited:
Remember, between the tracks, not across the road.
His car doesn't like tracks it scrapes on them:lol:

I remember buying a knock off version of pokemon on holiday in the Canary Islands, was one you'd never heard of before and it wouldn't save. <_<

That's what put me off the whole thing. That and the dreary repetitiveness of the cartoon series.

You know what the worst thing about the fakes are? I have a DScard where I put 6 pokemon games and it works better than the real ones. How the hell are these idiots making fakes that don't work right at all? It's seriously just a matter of copy paste onto the damn card too.

Did you know that America is 4% of the athletic world population, yet consumes 25% of Olympic metals? That is unfair to the rest of the athletic world; we should be consuming less Olympic resources for the betterment of the athletic environment.

(see signature)

the linked to letterman video has been taken down, watching another one of youtube right now

this just proves that audiences at live tapings laugh at anything

Wow. Tim Minchin = absolutely brilliant. He did 'Not Perfect' as an encore, too! :p Amazing show.

ome idiot hosted all of his anime videos in veoh. damn

anyone knows of a online proxy that can actually load videos?

^is it dipped in BBQ sauce?

so it is well cooked then, hmmm..side dish?

Last edited:
nice, you will ruin it if you're not having either:
a) iced tea
b) beer

Nope. If you cook it right, there is no need for sauce. I cooked it properly :D
Good man. Whenever I order a steak at a restaurant they ask me if i'd like garlic or mushroom sauce and when I say "neither" they often look flabbergasted.

I'm paying $17 for this steak! I don't want to only be able to taste 12? worth of bloody mushrooms...:rolleyes:

I got the Tefal at home so it's the same deal there as well.:cool:

oh, carry on then

Anyone that has satellite radio should check out the Jason Ellis show.

Red Dragons.

I'm actually have a Dublin Dr. Pepper as I am out of beer.

Ugh. Can't wait for Christmas time when I go to Texas. Chicken Express and Dublin Dr. Pepper beats anything we have up here, and that's nothing special down there :lol:

my dad just said that i look and i'm quoting: ?like you are perpetually stoned?

I love Dublin Dr Pepper. One of the BBQ joints here has it in their coke machine...on tap or however you'd say it. One of those machines where you hold a cup against a little paddle and fizzy coke goodness pffffsssssssstts out into said cup. Can't think of what they're called for some reason.

Long day, but awesome day. My almost Daily Fail-like letter complaining about the school's mass e-mail to the students got printed by the alumni association...w00t. Unhappy coco is unhappy and won't take it anymore! Tee-hee. I was really POed when I wrote it, though, so the tone's a little more naggy than I usually am, but yay for someone else thinking I said something important nonetheless.