Random Thoughts....

I think I'll just wait until Letterman is on TV tonight. That way I'll see the whole thing good and proper.

It aired Monday in the US. Doesn't that mean it aired Tuesday in Oz? Which was "yesterday?" Damn time zones and date lines.

That youtube channel is great, if a little... obsessive. Full episodes every morning. Decent enough quality especially considering the reliability.

So there's a guy outside collecting garbage in the rain, but he drives a Cadillac Fleetwood.

:unsure:

Am I missing something here?

Oh it was the Monday ep? Well that changes everything. I have missed it, then. Was Steve Martin the guest? Because I think I have a torrent lined up if I'm looking at the right one here...

Oh it was the Monday ep? Well that changes everything. I have missed it, then. Was Steve Martin the guest? Because I think I have a torrent lined up if I'm looking at the right one here...

I forget exactly how explicit I have to be with today/yesterday with you. I'll try to do more exact dates. Yes it was Steve Martin and he looks FABULOUS. Not in a gay fabulous, or a sexy fabulous, but he looks great, really, for his age.

Is the site putting up 504 Time-out errors for anybody else, or is my woreless router finally dying???? Nearly every other site works ok.....

Beleive me Austere, your interwebs can't be much worse than mine. Unlimited, but after 12 gig in a month you have dial-up speeds for the rest of that month. Considering my downloads won't go over 25 KB/s, it's not much worse. basically 15-18 hours to download 1 gig- if I'm lucky. It's wireless and one of the worst plans you could ever get- from Telstra.

ACK. They recently told us they don't have to tell us the end dates for two of the mobile phone contracts we have because we plan to switch. I called their complaints centre, went legal studies on their ass and am about to call again and threaten with the Ombudsman if they don't get them to me within 48 hours- they said it would be within a week 3 weeks ago. They are screwed.

Also, Finalgear is just bad for my HSC studies. I'm meant to be summarising the techniques in a bunch of poems in "Birthday Letters" at the moment and looking for practice english papers because the BOS changed the syllabus on us and didn't give us any to use for practice :mad:

2 weeks exactly until my doom.

Recipe:

22.jpg

lg_ko_coke_bottle%5B1%5D.jpg

Step 1) combine

Austere, this will hold you over maybe?
lettermanquote.jpg

Victor, that's gross!

I forget exactly how explicit I have to be with today/yesterday with you.
:blush: It's true.

Yes it was Steve Martin and he looks FABULOUS. Not in a gay fabulous, or a sexy fabulous, but he looks great, really, for his age.
I have begun the downloading procedure. Steve Martin is usually good on Letterman. They get on well.

Is the site putting up 504 Time-out errors for anybody else
Yes! It was a very scary 20 minutes or so.

Beleive me Austere, your interwebs can't be much worse than mine. Unlimited, but after 12 gig in a month you have dial-up speeds for the rest of that month. Considering my downloads won't go over 25 KB/s, it's not much worse. basically 15-18 hours to download 1 gig- if I'm lucky. It's wireless and one of the worst plans you could ever get
That sounds like hell on earth! I can get mine up to over 600kb/s and it usually sits around 200 or so. Right now i'm looking down at utorrent and it's clipping Letterman along at at 254k. I don't know how I could live with 12gig a month and 25k. I mean, I used to do it all the time in the 90's but still...

from Telstra.
I had no idea you had it so bad. Oh my god. I'm so sorry for you.:comfort: Seriously, if there's anything you need, if you ever just need someone to talk to, my door is always open. If i'd have known... Oh man, I don't even know what to say...:cry:

Orange flavoured ice cream? How in hell did your wonderful country do so badly in that "Norway wins again" bullshit? They must not have looked at important things like ice-cream and only stupid silly stuff like... healthcare.

Austere, this will hold you over maybe?
lettermanquote.jpg
Oh that's pretty damn golden. But you're butchering his delivery!:p

In other news, I listened to Land Down Under by Pennywise this afternoon and I swanged my head around like some sort of... headbanger, the whole way through. Now I have a headache. Curse my luxurious, luscious long locks... but they look so cool when I headbang.

Last edited:
Yay for Nordstroms Rack! Bought two DNKY pants that were originally $90 but I got them for $30, then $17 on seven shirts which are super hawt. Now I know why girls have fun shopping when they're not fat: because they can fit in nicer clothing!

Also on Saturday night I met some cool guys at a classic car show who modify cars, mainly PT Cruisers, but the head guy offered to work with me on doing unique things to my car to help expand his business :O! Plus they joked around (or being serious??) about giving me their brand gear to be a model for them lol.

I love this month :love: :love:

Australian internet sounds teh suck. I get 15 mbps and 100 gigs a month, and even that is utter suck compared to Korea and Sweden.

But whatever, I rarely do anything that reaches 2 megabytes down, and since we upgraded from the slightly slower service with 50 gigs per month we've only maxed out the bandwidth once. I wouldn't mind faster upload speeds though, the fastest it gets to is 120 kBps up, that's painful.

Yay for Nordstroms Rack! Bought two DNKY pants that were originally $90 but I got them for $30, then $17 on seven shirts which are super hawt. Now I know why girls have fun shopping when they're not fat: because they can fit in nicer clothing!

Also on Saturday night I met some cool guys at a classic car show who modify cars, mainly PT Cruisers, but the head guy offered to work with me on doing unique things to my car to help expand his business :O! Plus they joked around (or being serious??) about giving me their brand gear to be a model for them lol.

I love this month :love: :love:
Yes its only when you realise that the total cost of the garment was 2,50 USD made in a Malay sweat shop by 8 year olds earning 60 cents a day do you then think - someone is making money out there.

Dammit, Facebook has sent me over 50 emails today alerting me to things that my friends are doing....

Funny how this correlates exactly with the day everybody has started their HSC study :lol:

EDIT- 51....

Last edited:
Yes its only when you realise that the total cost of the garment was 2,50 USD made in a Malay sweat shop by 8 year olds earning 60 cents a day do you then think - someone is making money out there.

Eh probably, but they were seriously discounted in to my price range. Plus, I need new pants since my current pair are not comfortable anymore because I've lost weight. Had it been the original price... I wouldn't have gotten the clothing I got :lol:

OK Capitalism is the best we have got - still, someone is making shedloads somewhere and probably not 100% legally either.

The guys are cool. Their cars are not, but they modify them from scratch which gives them bonus points.

:tease:

Selling bottles of ice-cold, sugar-formula Mexican Coca-Cola at school: +$1 profit

Watching people frustratingly realise that the bottles aren't twist-off after they purchase: priceless

It took most until the end of lunch to manage to pry it open. :lol:

Funny quote:
"Watch me, I'm a man. I can pry it open with my fingers. I'm no wuss."
Five minutes later...
"Oh, I need fingernails to get it open."

Last edited: