Random Thoughts....

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
Hooray it's finally 1985! Greatest year for everything*!
This is the grand finale of my 1985-theme so I'll give you not one but two unforgettable songs from the bestest year and some more facts on it's bestness.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz2cUX0CNA8[/YOUTUBE]

In 1985 all kinds of good things happened including

The Discovery Channel starts
Back to the Future premieres
I am born!
Commodore launches the Amiga
Windows 1.0 is released

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2H5NLInOog[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

geeman

suomiface
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla,Chevrolet Corvette,Alfa Romeo Mito
1985 was the best year ever. Everyone was happy for an entire year and people dressed elegantly and not at all tacky.
Yes. Everything started to go downhill in 1986. :cry:

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
1985 also holds the 'honour' of being the most lethal year in civil aviation ever. :whistle:

• June 14 ? TWA Flight 847, carrying 153 passengers from Athens to Rome, is hijacked by a Hezbollah fringe group. One passenger, U.S. Navy Petty Officer Robert Stethem, is killed.
  • June 23 ? Air India Flight 182, a Boeing 747, blows up 31,000 feet (9,500 m) above the Atlantic Ocean, south of Ireland, killing all 329 aboard.
  • August 2 ? Delta Air Lines Flight 191 crashes near Dallas, Texas, killing 137 people.
  • August 12 ? Japan Airlines Flight 123 crashes in Japan, killing 520 people (the worst single-aircraft disaster in history).
  • November 23 ? EgyptAir Flight 648 is hijacked by the Abu Nidal group and flown to Malta, where Egyptian commandos storm the plane; 60 are killed by gunfire and explosions.
  • December 12 ? Arrow Air Flight 1285, a Douglas DC-8, crashes after takeoff in Gander, Newfoundland, killing 256,

Ooh sweet Skifree!!1

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
So I used to work at the Space Sciences Laboratory back in Berkeley and did some research there during undergrad times.

I was on their mailing list because I had to sign up as a new user, and even though its been a few years, I'm still on their mailing list.

Sometimes they'll have interesting emails about papers that have gone out, research that was done, and even ipod touch/iphone apps to download. But mostly its things like

"Red Honda Accord parked near Grizzly Peak. Your lights are on"

Today I got a mail attached to an important email about hazardous materials and labcoats with the subject title "Sandwich Taken from Addition Lobby"

Folks,

Someone help themselves to a sandwich from the Addition Lobby

that belong to a NASA Official who had paid for that sandwich out

of his pocket. This NASA Official had no lunch. I can?t convey the

level of inappropriateness of this act and to what this NASA Official

is really feeling.

However did this please come by my office with $6 or put it in an envelope

in my mailbox. The NASA Official will be reimbursed.

Thank you, David

<3 SSL :lol:

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
So I used to work at the Space Sciences Laboratory back in Berkeley and did some research there during undergrad times.

I was on their mailing list because I had to sign up as a new user, and even though its been a few years, I'm still on their mailing list.

Sometimes they'll have interesting emails about papers that have gone out, research that was done, and even ipod touch/iphone apps to download. But mostly its things like

"Red Honda Accord parked near Grizzly Peak. Your lights are on"

Today I got a mail attached to an important email about hazardous materials and labcoats with the subject title "Sandwich Taken from Addition Lobby"

<3 SSL :lol:
Not many English majors there I take it.

Still props to the whoever devoured that sandwich. NASA had it coming.

Reactions: LP

nsx_23

Forum Addict
I'm wondering if I should buy these:

I'm hankering to build an airfix kit after watching James May's show.

Zesty

Not A Dude
Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz VTi-S
Help. I'm really bored in class! :(

I started to build a Bae Hawk model once (not a Red Arrows one, though) when I was a kid once on school holidays. I don't think I ever finished it. Oh well.

I really sucked at finishing things I started as a kid. I don't think I'm much better now! :lol:

Zesty

Not A Dude
Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz VTi-S
I think I did complete a F-15 once, painted it in desert camo. I haven't seen it since the last time moved house, however. Maybe it got thrown out or lost or something. Bugger, I was proud of it!

hemoh

Car(s)
Saturn SL2
June 14 ? TWA Flight 847, carrying 153 passengers from Athens to Rome, is hijacked by a Hezbollah fringe group. One passenger, U.S. Navy Petty Officer Robert Stethem, is killed.

Was The Delta Force based on this?

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
I think I did complete a F-15 once, painted it in desert camo. I haven't seen it since the last time moved house, however. Maybe it got thrown out or lost or something. Bugger, I was proud of it!
I would always take great care in completing model car kits (the plastic Tamiya 1:20 ones) and ensure every detail was painstakingly correct. As soon as I'd finish it, I'd admire it for a few mins, then chuck it in a cupboard somewhere to be forgotten about and eventually binned :p.