Random Thoughts....

Thanks to all for your support.

The thing is spicy, that we already got our prime suspect,my great granny.

While i want to have Spectre-like secrecy on the internet i think you have the right to know the entire backstory.

While i respect older people, the only accurate way to describe my great granny is why old bitch that hates everything, at 96 she's still hating stuff. when she was younger she sent her son to war, while she had contacts on the army, she used them to send her as NEAR as the action as possible, he died.( her daughter tells us that she didn't shed a tear at the funeral)

She doesn't recognize the existence of her daughter, therefore not recognizing my family's existence, when she became too old to live alone no one of my uncles (7 of them) wanted to take care of her, so it went onto us.

When i was little she smoked, i have chronic asthma as a result, she also tried to hammer into my head that my parents hated me, luckily i grew to see right through that shit. My parents don't have the heart to send her to a home despite all the psychological damage she caused to us (thank God i got better) .

I can go on forever with all the shit she has put all of us through, but i want to point out is this, she is NOT senile, she is NOT sick, she is just evil, i can't for the life of me figure out how can so much evil can be compressed onto one person, but it is, and she's living with us.

Your grand mother can be encouraging it, but I doubt she is the cause. It looks like your sister has mental issues. Sorry to say.

Yeah, even if your granny is a heinous bitch, your sister still has mental health problems that need sorting out. It may feel good to blame someone else, but the sooner you realize this comes from your sister, the sooner you'll be able to help her.

No no, i think i may have confused it, I'm blaming her for getting the ball rolling. From then on, it's all my sister.

Last edited:
13?

Okay, you'd better get some serious help because if she doesn't recover from her trauma soon, it will cause damage for her adult life.

Anyway, I'm sure it will all work out. Get professional help, and give your sister loads of support and keep that bitch of a granny away from her.

:hug:

alright, i feel better now, again thanks for all your support everyone, sorry for interrupting the flow of Random Thoughts, someone restore normal service.

Last edited:
^I just hope she gets the help she needs. I had a good friend from high school who killed himself about 2 years ago, pretty rough stuff.

Was in the bank, went to the teller and she was just using swine flu handgel, "Sorry but i've just been picking my nose... I love this stuff, it smells like vodka... i'll probably end up licking my fingers."

My money is safe. :rolleyes::lol:

On a few buses... 'Take a chlamidia test and you could win an Ipod.'

I wanted to do this degree: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2010/3982.html

I also picked some other engineering courses and a computer science course.

Well I hope you find something that you can enjoy. It may be not the cup of tea you might have throught by the end of the first year. I know a lot of people that have deferred and chosen other courses after 1 or 2 years of a course they thought would suit them but didn't.
I just hope I don't go the same path as my sister and waste four years of Uni on stuff I already know about and listening to lecturers talking BS and doing subjects that completely irrelevent to what you wanna do.
Hence, why I'm planning to go to TAFE instead once I finish VCE. I don't care what ENTER/now ATAR score I get, as long as I finish VCE, which is what my parents wanted*.

*But I wished I intervened earlier saying I don't wanna do this anymore and go into TAFE or work instead. I can't stand VCE

Have you ever tried those "shave less often" lotions? I'm thinking it has to be a scam so I've never shelled out. I'm curious if they actually help.

I've tried something close to Nair, not that brand Veet maybe, and it didn't work at all. It said it had about a 10 minute time limit to when to take off the cream, but when I did that hardly anything came off so I left it on for nearly 20 minutes one time which worked better but still.. I went back to the razor.

It's not as bad as I expected, the first couple of 'strips' on each leg are the worst, then it seems like my legs get kinda numb and it doesn't hurt as much, dunno if I'm just wierd.

I just had my legs done and crotch area (look up playboy wax) done and it didn't hurt that bad honestly. Just like a HUGE bandaid being ripped off but the aesthetician was quick with the ripping so it only stung for a few seconds. I'm pretty happy with the outcome :thumbsup:

I've tried something close to Nair, not that brand Veet maybe, and it didn't work at all. It said it had about a 10 minute time limit to when to take off the cream, but when I did that hardly anything came off so I left it on for nearly 20 minutes one time which worked better but still.. I went back to the razor.

This is very different. It doesn't remove hair like a depilatory cream (Nair/Veet), but is supposed to make the hair grow back slower and more fine. This is an example of one on the market. I guess you haven't used them then! I'm just curious if it works or if it's snake oil. Probably snake oil.

Right, interview over. Was interviewed by the HR manager and project manager. The HR lady was pretty nice, but the project manager was acting cool and was pretty "to the point". At one stage I think he had this "this guy's an idiot" expression on his face, but anyway.

Got slightly pwned on the technical questions bit. Never ever seen a systems diagram in 3 years of stupid engineering studies, so I had trouble working out some of the systems. The component drawings, however was piss easy.

Apparently if I am successful, I will be doing a lot of CAD stuff with one of the project managers, which is going to be interesting. Certainly need to brush up my CAD skills again. It seems they are retrofitting in new components for the existing coal fired power plant in Lamma island, and the HR kept stressing that its physically tough work at the construction site, that I will get dirty, etc :lol: She seemed almost embarassed stressing this point, but I just listened and told her that I have worked in a garage before, so I was used to it.

I think they both could kind of tell I was nervous, and questioned me a lot on my background with quesions such as "do you prefer Hong Kong or Australia". Was a good learning experience overall, and definitely took away some insights to help me do better in future formal interviews.

On a few buses... 'Take a chlamidia test and you could win an Ipod.'
Is that the prize you get if you have got it? Sorry I would need a bigger incentive than that to catch it - Lotus Elise perhaps?

Right, interview over. Was interviewed by the HR manager and project manager. The HR lady was pretty nice, but the project manager was acting cool and was pretty "to the point". At one stage I think he had this "this guy's an idiot" expression on his face, but anyway.

Got slightly pwned on the technical questions bit. Never ever seen a systems diagram in 3 years of stupid engineering studies, so I had trouble working out some of the systems. The component drawings, however was piss easy.

Apparently if I am successful, I will be doing a lot of CAD stuff with one of the project managers, which is going to be interesting. Certainly need to brush up my CAD skills again. It seems they are retrofitting in new components for the existing coal fired power plant in Lamma island, and the HR kept stressing that its physically tough work at the construction site, that I will get dirty, etc :lol: She seemed almost embarassed stressing this point, but I just listened and told her that I have worked in a garage before, so I was used to it.

I think they both could kind of tell I was nervous, and questioned me a lot on my background with quesions such as "do you prefer Hong Kong or Australia". Was a good learning experience overall, and definitely took away some insights to help me do better in future formal interviews.

Have you got access to Visio? Templates are available for systems diagramming - Google is your friend - get prepared for the next interview if you can.

Last edited:
Hmm, no "next interview" as of this moment, so yeah. I guess what this interview has really done is thrown a light on just how different engineering in the real world is compared to what you study at uni.

I sort of worked it out on the spot really. The title block sort of gave me a clue, and the key helped me figure out certain bits and pieces on there. I was sort of close in saying that it was some sort of fuel supply system to the main steam generator, but the full correct answer is that its a heavy-oil pre-heat AND supply system which you use to bring the burner up to temperature before throwing in coal.

When I saw the component drawings, however, I instantly knew that wanted to replace the current heavy oil system with a diesel system. Reduce CO2 and NOx emissions, blah blah blah.

No, I don't have access to Visio.

Last edited:
Oh well never mind - you may well find som educational stuff if you go hunting around - should show you the diagramming conventions for your industry - in my discipline we would call them systems diagrams too but they would use a totally different set of diagramming standards me thinks - if you have not nailed this job then there will be another interview, soon hopefully.

I do a post interview review in the car immediately after - write down stuff I was crap at and stuff I aced. I look to see if I can improve the crap answers every time. I treat each interview as a learning experience.

^Same here.

I am slightly worried about autoCAD since the project manager mentioned it. I haven't really had much experience with autoCAD, and from hearing what others have said it sounds like a painful program to use.

He seemed surprised at my mention of my abilities to use MATLAB though :lol:

I only managed to find 6 courses i felt like doing and the lowest atar course was 82. How did you end up going?

90.05, which was a nice shock- I was expecting mid to high-80's. Quite a few people I know got very high 90's, one girl got 99.7 from memory, quite a few got 95. But 99's just freaky :blink: