Random Thoughts....

ChelsDS

xD
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I'll just enjoy the sunny california weather in the meantime, suckas :p
:nod: :thumbsup:

What, California hasn't sunk into the ocean yet? Damn. :cry:
Yea no, sorry, still here. We're going to go hang with Hawaii when that happens though ;)

:lmao: :lmao:

I'll just enjoy the sunny california weather in the meantime, suckas :p
What, California hasn't sunk into the ocean yet? Damn. :cry:
And floods, earthquakes, mudslides...must I go on?
Actually we haven't had a big earthquake in a while :unsure:

It's a big state, and Southern California is normally (and naturally) a tinderbox.
:nod: Sadly it's even more of a tinderbox than past years because we haven't gotten enough rain. Back when El Nino was here (late 90s) a looot of plants grew, then died when El Nino went away which is why fires were so bad a few years ago. Most of the crap has been burned but I do know a few areas in my area that should go up :shifty:

LurkerPatrol: I refuse to have that as our state anthem. :mad:

[youtube]MJjAVOxA63Q[/youtube]

spicysaurus

Car(s)
2007 MX-5
I think I have food poisoning. :(

Started out as just upset tummy but things have quickly gone downhill from there. If I feel like this tomorrow no way can I go to work. And of course, I'm working on lots of high-priority, should have had it yesterday stuff.

What terrible timing.

Reckoning

Walked round the corner to the grog shop.
Got a sixpack of beer.

Drinking one on the way back, this old man on a mobility scooter calls out to me.

I was thinking "ah he's probably gonna have a go at me for drinking".
Turns out it was the one from around my area, looks like an old sea captain
who's always drinking or going to the pub.

I had a look, he had a block (30 cans) sitting on the floor of his scooter,
had a can in his stubby holder and a smoke in his hand.

We were walking along for a bit, having a drink (me of mine, him of his) and just talking about the area we live in.

Despite the fact he was hammered, it was a genuinely interesting and new experience. It was one of those moments that just makes you smile.

I felt almost sad that I had to stop, as I could tell he had many a tale to tell me. But such is life, and I am sure I will encounter him again at some stage.

Kiki

Registered Bone Marrow
DONOR
Car(s)
'13 Ford Taurus, '11 Ducati M696, '15 Yamaha R3
Hell, it snowed in Danville! Not in SF, though, as far as I know. It snows in the Santa Cruz mountains fairly regularly.
:? Oh my, I didn't know even Danville got snow! Some friends in Livermore/Pleasonton got a bit - which is so weird. And yeah, there used to be snow rides up the Santa Cruz when it snows every year. It'll be interesting to see how many people get to break out their knobbies again this year though. :)

And feel better Spicy! :hug:

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
Walked round the corner to the grog shop.
Got a sixpack of beer.

Drinking one on the way back, this old man on a mobility scooter calls out to me.

I was thinking "ah he's probably gonna have a go at me for drinking".
Turns out it was the one from around my area, looks like an old sea captain
who's always drinking or going to the pub.

I had a look, he had a block (30 cans) sitting on the floor of his scooter,
had a can in his stubby holder and a smoke in his hand.

We were walking along for a bit, having a drink (me of mine, him of his) and just talking about the area we live in.

Despite the fact he was hammered, it was a genuinely interesting and new experience. It was one of those moments that just makes you smile.

I felt almost sad that I had to stop, as I could tell he had many a tale to tell me. But such is life, and I am sure I will encounter him again at some stage.
I have a mate that always plays along with drunks for fun, there's some guy in Kew that dances on the corner of the street (Kew pub on Kew junction for Victorians) and people honk their horns in support as they go past.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
6 minutes for a 194 kb download fucking hell. What is up with my connection today

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Does anyone remember when I made a paper clock:

Well, I've found a new potential project:

It's got 12 cylinders, it's 2 feet long, 1.5 feet wide and a foot tall. Oh, and it actually works (that's a video of it running off a battery powered motor). Now I just need to decide if I'm going to shell out the $50 for the parts to build it.

Reckoning

I have a mate that always plays along with drunks for fun, there's some guy in Kew that dances on the corner of the street (Kew pub on Kew junction for Victorians) and people honk their horns in support as they go past.
Ah, Kew junction.

What a headfuck to drive through if you're not familiar with it.

This old guy though, he was genuinely friendly.
And he knew about the neighbourhood.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
you're insane
When I have my own house it's going to be filled with outlandish Danish designed furniture and electronics and my own silly "art" projects like this.

Insane? Perhaps. It makes me very happy though.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
Does anyone remember when I made a paper clock:

Well, I've found a new potential project:

It's got 12 cylinders, it's 2 feet long, 1.5 feet wide and a foot tall. Oh, and it actually works (that's a video of it running off a battery powered motor). Now I just need to decide if I'm going to shell out the $50 for the parts to build it.
i once started building a yamaha V-Max, i finished the engine, never got to making the frame...

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
When I have my own house it's going to be filled with outlandish Danish designed furniture and electronics and my own silly "art" projects like this.

Insane? Perhaps. It makes me very happy though.
I need some beetle bits. I would like beetle furniture. Beetle seats are soooooo comfy. I like to cozy in my cozy car.

nsx_23

Forum Addict
Had my ear impression done today to get a custom set of tips made for my TF10 pros. Felt so weird having this cold paste thing injected into your ears, but having my ears completely cleaned out as part of the prep was good.

Checked out some more mobile phones around HK. Restoring my HTC Diamond to stock rom atm so I can trade it in for my new phone. The original SE Xperia is actually pretty cheap atm.

Last edited: