Random Thoughts....

I hate being sick...
Agreed. Being sick sucks. Especially when you have to move the furniture in your room and clean up the giant mess resulting from moving things, not to mention all the dust didn't help >.< and I couldn't sleep and I have a doctor's appointment at 11:30.

In other news I'm a bit frustrated at my computer and my XBox. I can't hook my laptop up to my pretty new LCD TV because I don't have the right cord (the TV, which is also marketed as a monitor, didn't come with the right cable, oddly enough. Only an HDMI cable which I used to plug in my PS3, and my computer only has one external display port and it isn't HDMI.) and I can't get my XBox to display correctly even though I'm plugging it in through the RGB or whatever they are ports on the back of the TV, just like my old CRT, but the colors come out all fuckered. Its making me angry.

And I really want my laptop hooked to my TV so I can watch Surrogates because the file won't play on anything else and I hate watching movies on my laptop :(

squeeeeee I'm out of Jalopnik commenter purgatory!

...not that I have too much to say over there. Most of the others are way funnier than little ol' me.

Also, I put too much milk in my tea. :mad:

Reactions: Jay
I just added a bunch of school related stuff to my calendar. Damn, I have a lot of things to do :|

I probably should start doing those things...

Agreed. Being sick sucks. Especially when you have to move the furniture in your room and clean up the giant mess resulting from moving things, not to mention all the dust didn't help >.< and I couldn't sleep and I have a doctor's appointment at 11:30.

In other news I'm a bit frustrated at my computer and my XBox. I can't hook my laptop up to my pretty new LCD TV because I don't have the right cord (the TV, which is also marketed as a monitor, didn't come with the right cable, oddly enough. Only an HDMI cable which I used to plug in my PS3, and my computer only has one external display port and it isn't HDMI.) and I can't get my XBox to display correctly even though I'm plugging it in through the RGB or whatever they are ports on the back of the TV, just like my old CRT, but the colors come out all fuckered. Its making me angry.

And I really want my laptop hooked to my TV so I can watch Surrogates because the file won't play on anything else and I hate watching movies on my laptop :(

Sounds like you need a VGA cable for the laptop. No idea about the Xbox though.

Never expect something to come with the cables, although its nice when it does.

Sounds like you need a VGA cable for the laptop. No idea about the Xbox though.

Never expect something to come with the cables, although its nice when it does.

Yeah, I just never remember the name of those things :p VGA, RGB, HDMI...I get confused a lot. My dad says we might have something around, but most of them have the wrong connectors on one end so they're useless.

I guess I'll just settle for the fact I plan to buy myself an XBox 360 and that I'm lucky my TV has two HDMI ports. :D Plus it'll be the first gaming system and indeed the first really expensive anything I've actually bought myself. :)

The job-hunt is my most hated of all hunts.

Tell me about it. Got a couple of potential options to tee up and see where they go. One interesting position is a job as sport development officer for a major Table Tennis concern. Intriguing, and glancing through the PD doesnt look to be particularly difficult, but I find the idea of table tennis taking itself as a serious sporting concern to be a bit...yeah, you know what I mean. Better make sure I dont convey that in any potential interview though!

I made a bit of a fuckup in Queensland (not really my fault, and in the short term it probably didn't matter so much) but it means if I feel like pursuing that path I'm gonna need to go back in the next few weeks which is not something I'm inclined to do as I don't have the money to keep burning on what may turn out to be a fruitless exercise.

aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh I have class in 20 minutes and am not sufficiently caffeinated yet.

Tell me about it. Got a couple of potential options to tee up and see where they go. One interesting position is a job as sport development officer for a major Table Tennis concern. Intriguing, and glancing through the PD doesnt look to be particularly difficult, but I find the idea of table tennis taking itself as a serious sporting concern to be a bit...yeah, you know what I mean. Better make sure I dont convey that in any potential interview though!

I made a bit of a fuckup in Queensland (not really my fault, and in the short term it probably didn't matter so much) but it means if I feel like pursuing that path I'm gonna need to go back in the next few weeks which is not something I'm inclined to do as I don't have the money to keep burning on what may turn out to be a fruitless exercise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_tennis

It's in the fucking Olympics! What more recognition do you need? :p

Twitter:

Yeah, I know, I've mocked it ever since it came up. I did sign up some time ago just to see what all the fuss was about. I have to admit that it is strangely addicting.

I've decided that Twitter is only as good as the people you follow.

I'm following people like Stephen Fry, Adam Savage, Oz Clark, Simon Pegg, Wil Wheaton, and Nathan Fillion.

With a cast like that Twitter is fucking awesome.

Ok, I'm done being an idiot now.

Twitter:

Yeah, I know, I've mocked it ever since it came up. I did sign up some time ago just to see what all the fuss was about. I have to admit that it is strangely addicting.
I used to be the same way too, but it's hopelessly addicting to trot out short non-sequiturs about your life in 140 characters every few seconds. Plus, someday it might actually help me out with networking. PAH! <_<

Speaking of jobs, I got a callback from a publishing company today for a part-time writing/editing job. I'm speaking with them on Friday. And to the cosmos, I say about damn time! :x

What's the most polite way to tell people to fuck off?

I'm populating newly-pillaged white board here at work.

Just write "Fuck off" (as long as your co-workers have a sense of humor). People might walk away laughing rather than being annoyed at you. Or it might completely backfire. Either way, it will be fun to watch!

Plus, someday it might actually help me out with networking. PAH! <_<

about damn time! :x

You know what works wonders for 'networking'? ...... STOP USING THE DAMN WORD! :p

Seriously....you just know that's made up by some marketingdweeb who wanted to sound cool, 'networking' , sjeezus H christ, it used to just be called meeting people and making a good impression..... damn yuppie words......grmbl grmbl......ya damn kids......

*goes to sit on porch*

^ Don't forget to bring the shotgun.

What's the most polite way to tell people to fuck off?

I'm populating newly-pillaged white board here at work.

Sir, kindly shed the confines of this immediate vicinity and take the opportunity of your new-found liberty to experience the sensations of self-philandery.

*sorry, alzheimer you know*

Last edited:
I'm sick of hearing about networking, too. Especially of it's preceded with the word "social." I've had friends go to cheesy panels on that crap. I'm sick of being bombarded by ads on how to "promote your business" on those stupid sites, too. "Great! You're teaching more people I don't know how to spam me even more! GTFO."

re: whiteboard--I'm fond of a simple "GO AWAY."

Whoooo sucked it up and made an appointment with a physical therapist about the back pain. Maybe they'll pop something back in place.

Last edited:
Just write "Fuck off" (as long as your co-workers have a sense of humor). People might walk away laughing rather than being annoyed at you. Or it might completely backfire. Either way, it will be fun to watch!

I'm so tempted! Though it probably won't go well in that some managers started asking why I'm always on the internet (to which I replied: erm, have you tried using the systems which take minutes to load a page at times?) <_<

Someone did suggest a "... and have a nice day" line at bottom...

Sir, kindly shed the confines of this immediate vicinity and take the opportunity of your new-found liberty to experience the sensations of self-philandery.

:lol: must.resist...

OK...Here are the titles of the case studies in my Consumption and Consumer Culture tutorials.

Week 3 - St. Patrick's Day Parade, talking about Ireland's celebrations vs the US celebrations and culture.

Week 4 - Queer Consumption, all about LGBT culture, and how it impacts Consumer Culture.

Week 5 - Cultural Consumption and The Simpsons

Week 6 - Lara Croft's Body. :blink:

Now, our tutor hasn't the best English, so I am interested in seeing how Week 6 is going to go...