Random Thoughts....

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Earthquake in my area; I live in Aurora, about 25 miles from the epicenter.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/10/illinois.earthquake/index.html

I was awake when it happened; A bang followed by an even vibration for about ten seconds. I thought it was wind, since a snow storm was blowing itself out, and the way the houses are set up it creates a wind tunnel.

FYI, this kind of thing never EVER happens here. Southern Illinois has a fault line, but is very stable.
I've lived in California for over 8 years, and I've felt more earthquakes in Wisconsin than I have here in California. Most happened while I was either sleeping or driving, so I didn't feel 'em.

smartpnoi

Car(s)
BMW E39 M5
Got to teach in my first recitation class today...was weird, but eh, I'm doing it for the free education

lets just hope i don't get the debacle again of people writing out in txt speech :?

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
We had a lightning storm yesterday which sparked five bushfires around Gawler and the Barossa Valley area. They raged out of control for a bit, aided by 40 degree conditions and gusting winds, before being effectively doused by a massive downpour which caused flash flooding in some rural areas. Talk about four seasons!

Clockwerk

Forum Addict
Funny overheard conversation at dinner earlier tonight. There were these two ~70 year old men having a very thought out and well informed conversation about Russia...problem is they kept referring to Russia as the Soviet Union....a lot...made me laugh.

Cold Fussion

A small island off the coast of New Zealand
Car(s)
1988 Ford Laser Ghia
We had a lightning storm yesterday which sparked five bushfires around Gawler and the Barossa Valley area. They raged out of control for a bit, aided by 40 degree conditions and gusting winds, before being effectively doused by a massive downpour which caused flash flooding in some rural areas. Talk about four seasons!
Its SA's punishment for housing the classification board. :)

LeMans GTR

My first post for this week that won't be about Dollhouse.

My school recently rolled out tablet PCs and we're going to start using them next Monday. To be brutally honest with you the novelty has worn off and I've only used it for like 20mins. The performance is not too good either. (1.2GHZ ULV 1GB RAM) I'm already back on my personal computer and I've decided to allocate the tablet for work only. Anyway; the real goody for me was a 8GB USB stick that came with the computer. Saved me from buying the damn thing so yayy!

Zesty

Not A Dude
Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz VTi-S
Speaking of studying, today was the second-last day of my work placement. Only tomorrow to go!. I'll have lots of written work to finish over the weekend, however.

It's pretty dark here too, but at least I avoided driving home in a huge rain storm this time. A fairly big storm did hit around 2pm-ish. At the centre we had to race the children back inside pretty quickly! I got a bit wet, not that I care much when it's so warm and muggy. :lol:

Last edited: