Random Thoughts....

My mother randomly bought a large map of Australia made out of a solid piece of jarrah wood, complete with Tasmania hanging from the bottom on little chains, from some op-shop in town. It's a giant souvenir teaspoon holder, no doubt brought back across the continent from W.A. by some stupid tourist. Now all of her old 'antique' teaspoons & cake forks & whatever are proudly displayed. Every time I walk into the kitchen I can't help but cringe rather over-dramatically.
Kitsch stuff drives me nuts! :wall:

EDIT: Here is a pic of the aforementioned monstrosity. Words cannot express how much I hate this bloody thing!

DSCN1328.jpg

Last edited:
oh dear.

Tis not good.

Like I said, I was on a boat:
IMG_1378.jpg

Wait, wrong one.

IMG_1373.jpg

That's it, mind the dinghy was a hell of a time when I sailed it.

My mother randomly bought a large map of Australia made out of a solid piece of jarrah wood, complete with Tasmania hanging from the bottom on little chains, from some op-shop in town. It's a giant souvenir teaspoon holder, no doubt brought back across the continent from W.A. by some stupid tourist. Now all of her old 'antique' teaspoons & cake forks & whatever are proudly displayed. Every time I walk into the kitchen I can't help but cringe rather over-dramatically.

EDIT: Here is a pic of the aforementioned monstrosity. Words cannot express how much I hate this bloody thing!

DSCN1328.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

It looks like it just crapped out Tasmania :rofl:

I know how you feel, my mother loves that sort of thing aswell........

Last edited:
You should've seen my face when she walked back to my car, crossing the road carrying that 'thing'. (I, quite wisely decided to stay out of the junk shop and read a freaking newspaper instead). She said she was only going in to look for cheap doona covers!

:blowup:

You should've seen my face when she walked back to my car, crossing the road carrying that 'thing'. (I, quite wisely decided to stay out of the junk shop and read a freaking newspaper instead). She said she was only going in to look for cheap doona covers!

You know there is an upside to this, for mothersday or whatever we will never have to think about what to get our mothers ever again, just walk into the crummiest shop you know, and buy the ugliest thing they have :p Guaranteed success!

If you had gone into the shop, you could have stopped her from buying it. D"oh!

:idiot:

DSCN1328.jpg

Talk about tacky patriotism. :lol:

Alright you win. I see you've played knifey/tacky jarrah wood souvenir teaspoon holder before!

Sounds like a good idea. I may have to do the same.

As a compliment I would hope....

I just had to chase some stupid yappy little stay dog out of our yard (don't worry, I was armed with a trusty broom). Thank goodness we lock our cats up inside at night...um...partially for the dog's sake, our boy Silas is at least twice the size of the thing, and despite being neutered he very much acts like your typically aggressive tabby tomcat when his territory is threatened. I'd be also worried about him chasing it over the road - cars tear down our street all the time because it's the only one in the immediately vicinity that doesn't have any speed humps in it. Our neighbour's lovely cat got killed by a car at the beginning of the year.

Last edited: