Random Thoughts....

Mmm, is there anything better than the smell of fresh laundry?

I wonder what kind of fabric softener my neighbour is using... and if she'll do my laundry.

Stops apples from Washington getting into California - yes, right, go figure.

No I do understand it - we had some idiot import some chinese style Pork into the country that got into the slops and was fed to animals and somehow caused Foot and Mouth; we used to keep pets out as we were rabies free and the rest of Europe had endemic rabies - you had to go through 6 months quarantine to bring a pet into the country. This is a similar idea - keeps out disease.

Both my mum and her sister have breast cancer and are worried that it might carried onto my cousin's kids aswell. We're not 100% sure on this, but we think that the cause was from Grandad going to Hiroshima after the A bomb.

And Blind just proves that Californian law is messed up.

Yesterday the State of California threatened to deport me to Nevada.

I was driving into California for MotoGP and hit the agricultural checkpoint on I-80. Now the last time I went through there they were waving all California-plated cars on but stopping all people from out of state. When I got up to the booth the officious woman in her high-viz vest just opened the back of my car and started rummaging around in my cooler. This time I locked the doors.

And people wonder why I say California is Failaphonia.

Stops apples from Washington getting into California - yes, right, go figure.

No I do understand it - we had some idiot import some chinese style Pork into the country that got into the slops and was fed to animals and somehow caused Foot and Mouth; we used to keep pets out as we were rabies free and the rest of Europe had endemic rabies - you had to go through 6 months quarantine to bring a pet into the country. This is a similar idea - keeps out disease.

That isn't the real reason they have those stations up. Med-fly has been getting into the state for decades and it has not been stopped or even slowed by the checkpoints. It's used as an excuse; the real reason is to spot 'contraband' and raise money for the state via fines - and not coincidentally send people to jail, allowing the state to auction off all the possessions in the car (including the car) at the time of arrest and seizure.

Last edited:
I just got back from grocery shopping...whoop de doop yay.

I am so unenthusiastic / lazy this weekend. I blame my work placement. I'm running around after kids like a headless chicken, changing hundreds of nappies, playing peacemaker when children decide they don't want to share space anymore....ugh. I'm getting so used to working at that level of activity, that when the weekend comes around and I've spent most of Friday afternoon filling in my written work and I don't have to do much at all Sat / Sun that it feels....bloody weird. :blink:

My father's parents were up here on Friday night and we had a nice dinner. That was a good way of winding-down for me, and I only see them 2-3 times a year.

Whereas we have a sign and a bin. Sign politely asks you to stop and throw out your fruit so you don't import fruit fly into Victoria. And that's about it.

If that was the case in California I would have happily obliged. If the officious pinhead at the checkpoint had just asked nicely if I had any home-grown fruit of vegetables (like they do at the checkpoint on I-15), it would have been fine. If she had even asked nicely if she could look in the cooler, it would have been a different story. Instead she just tried to open the tailgate (the cooler was in the back seat) and wanted to go through out personal belongings. Even when I had told her there was only personal items back there she still wanted to rummage through everything and kept trying to make me open everything up.

Being an ass will get you treated in kind. The people at the I-15 checkpoint are quite nice and just ask you have anything. Even then they usually let you keep it unless you grew it in your back yard.

Whereas we have a sign and a bin. Sign politely asks you to stop and throw out your fruit so you don't import fruit fly into Victoria. And that's about it.

That's a really good idea. I'll bet the fruit flies never even think to get out of that bin and fly into Victoria! :p

Yes, the smell of freshly baked bread.

But you can't wear bread, nor can you sleep in it. :mrgreen:

Laundry is a chore so you have to do it. I'm far too miserable to actually do fun stuff like baking, so it's nice when something you need to have done has something you can look forward to (fragrant and crisp clothes in this case). I've always been a fan of freshly washed and dried laundry but this is even more the case since I switched to liquid detergent recently... my clothes smell much nicer and for far longer.

Last edited:
Yesterday the State of California threatened to deport me to Nevada.

I was driving into California for MotoGP....

Sorry, but I didn't pay attention past this*. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun! :)

* joke! I wouldn't have the guts to do that, well done though on sticking up for you rights! "Agricultural check points" confuse me to no end, why do they exist? you don't get searched if you walk/fly across the state lines (at least over here you don't), why cars? Stupid.

Am I the only one that thinks of Baldrick whenever Wheatley from Portal 2 speaks?

Last edited:
That's a really good idea. I'll bet the fruit flies never even think to get out of that bin and fly into Victoria! :p

No, they just have more sense! Though that would leave them in New South Wales. That's even worse. Poor things probably just elect to gorge themselves on fruit and die happy where they are. :lol: