Random Thoughts....

Ahh, David Lee Roth:

[video=youtube;lN-4lX0QyZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-4lX0QyZc[/video]

I won't get into which Van Halen video was my favorite, because then I would have to decide if it's one with Roth or Hagar.

Ok.

Ok ok..

Ok.

This just can't be.

I'm at the gym right, and I have my phone with me on the machine right. I was looking for a youtube video to watch while I was working out on the elliptical. I get a google talk message from a friend of mine who just got back from the east coast. Usual pleasantries, I asked her how it was, where she went and etc.

She asked me about my Chile trip. Here's the log from gchat. I haven't edited this apart from changing her name to CuteBuns and formatting it slightly.

7:09 PM
me: Yo, how was your trip
CuteBuns: Hehe

7:10 PM
CuteBuns: Exhausting but very exciting
Saw a shitload
I loved dc

7:11 PM
me: Awesome!
Where did you guys go again

7:12 PM
CuteBuns: Nyc dc niagara gettysburg cambridge toronto
Are u still in chile?

7:14 PM
me: Nah I got back last sun
But that's awesome
Lots of places
Did you take pix?

23 minutes
7:38 PM
CuteBuns: Dad did
A ridic amt
How was chile?

7:39 PM
me: Amazing
Can't describe it
Sorry I was on the elliptical

7:41 PM
CuteBuns: well have to get lunch soemtime and exchange stories
How was the weathjers

7:44 PM
me: No other way to put it
Coooooooooooold

CuteBuns: Really I would have thought it would be warm

7:46 PM
me: Southern hemisphere dude. Its winter there

7:47 PM
CuteBuns: Oh I dunno
I always just assumed that its always warm there
In south america

me: Brb driving home

Cutebuns is this cute asian chick that I knew from 6th grade (I didn't like her at the time). She went to Berkeley and she was in the dorm next to mine in 1st year. She's now doing Neurosciences research as a staff research associate (like myself) at UCSD, with plans to get her masters. And she's engaged to a mutual friend of ours.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Actually this might be a good time to insert a recent Top Gear demotivator I made:

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2010/07/28/starefaic_copy.png

Neuroscience smarts != geography smarts.

Ya rly.

Actually, I just kinda assume it's always warm south of the hemisphere too.

:unsure:

Reactions: LP
It's always warm near or at the equator, everyone should know that.

And it's always warm in Australia except when it's not and all the Australians bitch about it being a lovely brisk 50-60?F.

I got paid today. After paying my rent and bills I have less money than I started the day with.

Well, shit.

Welcome to modern slavery. They give you just enough to get by, except when it is time to pays the bills.

Ahh, David Lee Roth:

[video=youtube;lN-4lX0QyZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-4lX0QyZc[/video]

I won't get into which Van Halen video was my favorite, because then I would have to decide if it's one with Roth or Hagar.

You can't Deny DLR's showmanship, despite his LSD (lead singer disease). But most of Van Halens problems were caused by Ed VH. The Roth and Hagar Halens had good stuff, but according to Ed they both had LSD. The third guy was terrible.

And it's always warm in Australia except when it's not and all the Australians bitch about it being a lovely brisk 50-60?F.

That IS cold :p

Speaking of which, it was 7?C here yesterday, not factoring in the blisteringly cold 60km/h+ wind and light drizzle. I think I may have to buy an extra warm jacket for the one day a year that happens. :lol:

Maybe because it was? :eek:

You do realise that country places (like where Zesty lives) routinely is below zero Celsius? (was -2c when I was there last week)

That's because we live near the coast, where it's cold and windy. Whereas if we were living in Darwin it would be quite warmer than usual. Other than that, it's cold for 9 months of the year.

bananas are good

The current 9?C aren't feeling particularly warm.

Fucking seasons, how do they work?

Yes, but I wasn't at Ecuador (which is on the equator - herp derp), I was more south. When it's summer in the northern hemisphere its winter in the southern, and vice versa. This is thanks to the small axial tilt of the Earth, which causes one hemisphere to be "closer" to the sun than the other, receiving light first, causing it to be summer there and winter in the other hemisphere.

This has been Professor LP with your astronomy lecture for the day.