Random Thoughts....

Well it has certainly felt like winter down here for the last few days. Actually today and yesterday were quite pleasant but it was very wintry over the weekend. Drove through the heaviest rain I'd ever experienced on Saturday night on a back road. I couldn't see a thing apart from the white centre dividing line which disappeared about two metres ahead of my car. The road (one I know fairly well) has a posted speed limit of 100, but I was barely inching along at 40 :p

I think the "but isn't the southern hemisphere always warm?" thing has something to do with the population of the southern hemisphere on average living nearer the equator than the population of the northern hemisphere. And depending on where you live you get used to different temperatures and we get to say "lolyouthink3iscoldlol" :p

Last edited:
Fucking seasons, how do they work?

Yes, but I wasn't at Ecuador (which is on the equator - herp derp), I was more south. When it's summer in the northern hemisphere its winter in the southern, and vice versa. This is thanks to the small axial tilt of the Earth, which causes one hemisphere to be "closer" to the sun than the other, receiving light first, causing it to be summer there and winter in the other hemisphere.

This has been Professor LP with your astronomy lecture for the day.
O rly? I didn't kno that! :p

I won't get into which Van Halen video was my favorite, because then I would have to decide if it's one with Roth or Hagar the spawn of satan that ruined Van Halen FOREVER, and subsequently, 1984 became their last best album and boy I am glad Jay is here to correct my follies.

Fixed that for you. And boy, did I ever.

In other thoughts:
So how DOES Rio dance across the Rio Grande? Does she wait for a freak winter cold snap and dance across the ice? Utilize the many bridges that cross the river? Just start to dance on the bank, then spastically flail about in the water until she reaches the other side? Doe she, in any way, utilize that knife that is strapped to her thigh?
This is what I was thinking about Monday morning at around one AM, trying to get to sleep. Damn you Olive Garden with your garlic-y goodness, and damn you JRR Tolkien, for making such a great book that I could not stop thinking.

Last edited:
"Hot for Teacher" ticks all the boxes for me.
-Awesome drums.
-The child versions are spot-on.
-That guitar solo is insane.
-I had the hots for my english teacher when I was 17 and I showed her that music, making her giggle. :p

Damn, I want to buy a guitar and start playing again.

Zonda HH, I'm not familiar with the concept of HH. I did not learn my AA BB CCs.

It was WAY too fucking hot today, 120 with the heat index, I wish there was a stupid fat kid in the neighborhood who'd cut my lawn for $5 so I wouldn't have to. I also hate Paul Rudd.

It was WAY too fucking hot today, 120 with the heat index, I wish there was a stupid fat kid in the neighborhood who'd cut my lawn for $5 so I wouldn't have to. I also hate Paul Rudd.

I you thought about paying Paul Rudd $5 to mow your lawn?

Well I passed my hazards and now have to wait until the end of the month to do the driving test. But earlier on at school, my friend and I were having a conversation about how we should get 100% on tests to pass, instead of 78% to get your learners and 54% to pass hazards, so that it can be a bit more difficult to get a licence, in order to keep the douchebags off the roads.

Reactions: LP
The upper part of my back is kinda numb and tingly. I think I slept on it wrong. :yucky:

Sex in metal for a carbon fiber car? *facepalm*

:p

Well if its made from Carbo-tanium then titanium counts as a metal :p

I really hate my neighbourhood.

Three shootings in 3 weeks (2 in the same park) - the last one was fatal. It's at the end of my street.

I know all the spots where the Skaf rapes took place, plus where several firebombings and drive by shootings have happened, and I regularly hear young males in cars park in the dark cul-de-sac next to our house. (Right outside my bedroom window)
They sit in the cars for an hour or so, or get out and sit in the gutter next to the car, drop all their fast food rubbish on the ground, and then drive off.

There is no good reason you'd want to be spending that much time in a dark, quiet street unless you were up to no good.
I've called Police on a couple of occasions (they've literally been a couple of ft from my bedroom window - we have no side fence there, and I was home alone), but they take hours to respond, and they're usually gone by then.
Mum found a re-sealable plastic bag at the base of a tree last week while walking the dog. She said there was "green stuff" in it, and so promptly kicked it into the drain.

I cannot wait to get out of here, to somewhere far enough away from civilisation, that these lowlifes won't travel to.

Maybe you can get a spot in the camps? :p

I've got tomorrow off, I've got tomorrow off :dance: