Random Thoughts....

If my college career taught me anything, classes with REALLY COOL NAMES somehow manage to be the driest of the dry.

Yeah, I'm not expecting much, but it fit my schedule and just might be the exception.

If you're interested i can mail you some at least semi-related papers in advance.

Sure. I'm not expecting much since I'm fairly sure its going to be along the lines of, how to bluff and make sure nobody calls it because nobody wants to actually fire off a nuke.

I'm a hater, but I'm right! Haha.

I've actually had the opposite experiences with interesting-titled classes. Here, they're usually something the professor has a personal interest in and tend to be awesome. The Cold War in Film class I took this summer, for example = pure win. (Lots of nukes, too.)

I'm actually sad that they're offering a bunch of awesome crap to take now in the Spring...after I leave. Grr.

Last edited:
Cracked is fucking evil, I swear. Not only is it devilish in opening a new tab for every interesting sounding article but all of the sudden its 3:40 AM and you're tired as hell.

In before "Get a car and that wouldn't happen!" :p

Seriously though, I hope you're alright. I wouldn't want to be on your end of the fight in that battle.

I got off pretty lucky all things considering. I didn't fly into the back of her car and come to a dead stop, just flew into the side of it as she turned in, and I was lucky enough to avoid being pushed into the gutter and flying off. I stayed on the bike the whole time and suffered no injuries basically, and left a nice big scratch/dent in the side of her car. Her car had a big dent in the back as well, I suspect that's the last mark of the last cyclist she tried to murder :p.

Tokyo Hotel Offers Model Trains To the Tragically Lonely

Tokyo Hotel Offers Model Trains To the Tragically Lonely

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/08/05/tokyo-hotel-offers-model-trains-to-the-tragically-lonely/

Do you love trains? Like really love trains? Like totally would love to sleep with a train set in your room? I know, right? Absolutely. A new hotel in Akihabara offers just that service. Presumably the trains are sanitized after each guest leaves.

The densha otaku (train spotter) is a powerful consumer in Japan. Railway companies take a lot of trouble to create mascots and whole industries of merchandise, and there are countless goods for sale in station shops around the country.

But this is one step further. The Washington Hotel in Akihabara has created a ?railway room? to attract densha otaku guests.

Now at the risk of sounding culturally insensitve, having a model train set in your room at a hotel suggests two things: that Japanese apartments are too small to hold model train sets and that densha otaku probably fetishize these things in ways mere mortals cannot understand. The place costs $265 a night, the bed is smaller than the train set, and it?s booked solid for a month.

I know they say "presumably", but what would the story writers do with a train that would require it to be sanitized? :blink:

Consider it morbid curiosity.

Curiosity killed the cat...

Got run over today while I was riding my bike, stupid woman didn't look when she pulled over onto the shoulder and i flew into\along the side of her car.

pfffrt, Cyclists........making such a fuss out of almost gotten run over just once, your not dead are you? so you still got of better then karma would dictate :p

I have an interview for a job next week which requires some cooking. Fuck, I can't cook. Well I mean I can, but only for myself. I like my cooking but I wouldn't like the pressure of ensuring it's absolutely perfect for a paying patron. Still, the menu (luckily there's a menu printed on the club website) is basic from plate of chips, steak sandwich, yiros, hot dog, pie or pastie, etc. Not too difficult in theory, I mean, how do you screw a plate of chips up? You cant. Still...

I do kinda hope I get it. Cooking aside, other aspects of the job look attractive.

Got run over today while I was riding my bike, stupid woman didn't look when she pulled over onto the shoulder and i flew into\along the side of her car.

Key what's left of her car.

Or better yet leave a deposit on it