Random Thoughts....

I just saw a tornado. It was freaking sweet! Now there's one less unchecked item on my bucket list.

Tornado as in the plane?

I hate you.

No, tornado as in big spinny cloud thing that picks up cows and destroys trailer parks. Except there aren't any cows or trailer parks here. :hmm:

I've seen the plane version in a museum. :cool:

I just saw a tornado. It was freaking sweet! Now there's one less unchecked item on my bucket list.

Welcome to the club, they can be both awesome (storm chasing in college) and terrifying ( water spout while in a sail boat). :)

It?s so grey outside ... if I just look out of the window, I could easily think it?s November or December ... and I have turned my radiator on again today to dry my clothes that got wet in the rain.

Summer! Where are you?! Come back!

Then I still hate you.

Tornados were a common sight on german skys when i was young... it is still operational within the Luftwaffe and there were extensive training flights during and shortly after the cold war...

Couldn't agree more. I know that technically August is the first month of autumn but seriously! Having to have a jacket on in order to be comfortable with the roof down on the way to work at this time of year is not on! :(

Curse you global warming! :shakefist:

Wait! Wut? :confused:

Apparently, we're having a cold August aswell. Last year, there were a lot more warmer days than this year and we're almost in Spring. But at the moment, it's wet, cold and windy.

The winds today were crazy, and my flight last weekend got cancelled due to the crap weather.

Hopefully it'll better tomorrow.

I hate shots but I love them too. Went to the doctor and was told I had strep, so they gave me one shot in my hip and sent me home. I took a painkiller and less than an hour later my throat was feeling much much better. Still hurts to yawn, but I can swallow without difficulty and I can breathe again when I lay down. :) They said I'd be all better (as in not contagious) by...today. :woot:

Apparently, we're having a cold August aswell. Last year, there were a lot more warmer days than this year and we're almost in Spring. But at the moment, it's wet, cold and windy.

According to the little outdoor thermometer we have our garage wall, when I left for class this morning at 8:30am it was -3?C here. Yay!

Tornados were a common sight on german skys when i was young... it is still operational within the Luftwaffe and there were extensive training flights during and shortly after the cold war...

Since I've been living close to the German border for most of my life, I've seen my fair share of Luftwaffle Tornados pass by. They're a lot more awesome than Dutch F-16s.

The only things I see on a regular basis are Cessna 152s, Piper Warriors + Seminole and various Eurocopters.

And I just saw Airbuses and Boeings when I was in Hong Kong.

Its amazing how many people can't read a 'Road Ahead Closed' sign.

My road (which is a fairly busy 'through' road that cuts out the high street from your journey - the kind where the limit is 30 but the average speed is closer to 50) is closed literally 50yards up from my house. This is great as they're raising the kerbs where the road gets really thin (and the pavement is tiny) so big SUVs scrape their alloys on the way up to the private school at the top of the road. However it seems that the 3 'Road Ahead Closed' signs at various points further down the road don't have any effect. There are still a large number of cars turning round here.

What doesn't help is the workforce, who have started the diversion from where I am. So instead of just adding one sign at a certain place where the diversion turns off, but facing the other way, they are expecting everyone to arrive here and turn round. And while no, there isn't a massive amount of space here, they could have done better with the organisation.

This is when they first arrived. That lorry had no one in it, and was left across ours and our neighbours driveway. And a lovely digger on the grass patch. And while moving the smaller digger head (just to the side of it) around, he managed to dig a fairly big hole.
2n6reyp.jpg

And what it looks like now. Oh lovely, a portaloo/kitchenette thingy. How wonderful.
5d2w5c.jpg