Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
I can see my breath in my room, do you honestly think I would be naked now? :p

Archie411

Car(s)
Go away....look at something else...
Goodbye Animax.

For those of you who don't know, Animax was a TV channel that showcased nothing but Anime 24/7, it was the channel that introduced me to the genre. While my schoolmates watched...something or other I watched Initial D. for some bizarre reason I never saw Haruhi despite it being shown constantly.

Over the years they started to show old live-action TV series, it disappeared from my cable for a couple of years and now it's too late. They show nothing but reruns of old Sony Entertainment series. It's like the 3rd class whore of them. The last chance channel for stuff like That 70's show and the like. Argentinian bands no one gives a crap about film a little concert which they play 3 times a day.

Recently they announced that by march 2011, they would stop broadcasting anime altogether (Leaving open the 2-7AM slot for infomercials I presume) I hope they retire the name aswell

In short

Animax 2006-2011
Good Night, sweet channel
And flights of EVA's shoot thee to thy rest
Yo major deja vu! I remember you posting the same thing....a while back?

captain_70s

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'77 Triumph Dolomite 1300 + '83 Triumph Acclaim
I can see my breath in my room, do you honestly think I would be naked now? :p
*Thinks of making lewd comment regards warming up the room - Decides he's too classy*

Can't go wrong with Monty Python. Also, who needs a fuzzy bathrobe when you could have a tartan one like me? :D

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
If you don't mind teal you can buy one for 10$ at target right now.
I was thinking about putting my IKEA card to use again - no Target in Germany anyway, but "near big flying things" could of course have been anywhere.

this is me all the time.
I'm sort of like that... except it's 3:50 am right now. So tomorrow in the morning (read: double-digits am), my avatar will once again depict me perfectly.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
So, anyone have a good source for a reliable Geiger counter? Hopefully somewhat cheap?

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
I'm sort of like that... except it's 3:50 am right now. So tomorrow in the morning (read: double-digits am), my avatar will once again depict me perfectly.
Double-digits AM? That's awfully generous. I usually wake up at 1pm and hate myself.

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
So what you need is a laboratory or low-range unit, calibrated for smaller samples and lower levels as opposed to my "OH F**K THERE WAS A BIG EXPLOSION AND NOW SOME STUFF'S STARTED GLOWING" unit. Which is actually useful when prospecting for uranium. :p

Last edited:

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Last edited:

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
So what you need is a laboratory unit, calibrated for smaller samples and lower levels as opposed to my "OH F**K THERE WAS A BIG EXPLOSION AND NOW SOME STUFF'S STARTED GLOWING" unit. Which is actually useful when prospecting for uranium. :p
You open up a container of old radium watch hands and it can still be glowing brightly enough to see even in a well lit room. We had a lesson on this Thursday in class, where my instructor got out a Geiger counter to show us some things. The radium is enough of a concern still though to be weary of.