Random Thoughts....

I say time travel also, so we can go back to a time when music was actually good and Lady Gaga would've been burnt at the stake for being a proper twat/possible fashion-tarded witch.

There are people in the charts a lot more deserving of that hate. Unlike most, Lady Gaga actually has talent and quite a bit of musical ability.

There are people in the charts a lot more deserving of that hate. Unlike most, Lady Gaga actually has talent and quite a bit of musical ability.

Agreed. And even with her pop stuff she's got a great ability to mix beats, effects, and her impressive pipes.

it's a real shame that doesn't show more on the things that you actually hear from her. What gets on the charts is more like an art experiment than anything else.

Thing is, that isn't Lady gaga. That's Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. when she realized dull, shit, repetitive beats and controversy is what sells instead of talent, gaga is born. You can see I treat those like 2 separate entities.

To be fair, I think every generation had it's horrible pop stars, we just can't remember them because they aren't worth remembering.

Hmm I think with every passing decade music/artists have gotten gradually worse. Music's now a fad as people are paying more attention to what an "artist" (I use that word loosely) is endorsing or what clobber they got on. If they need to be doing stuff like that for attention, then have a right whinge about the paps being up in their shit all the time after then why in the hell are they doing it in the first place?

I'm a musical dinosaur, I listen to BBC Radio 2 when the good stuff's on. I still have no fucking clue what a Nicki Minaj is. o_O

I don't think I want to know actually it sounds dirty.

@ Whappeh: FUCK THE GRAMMYS I LIKE BEING WEIRD!

If you could have one super power, what would it be?

I guess it'd be good to be able to see what effect a decision might have in the future. Doesnt have to be very long. Three or four months is about enough. Enough for me to decide whether making the change to NSW was a good idea or one that's quickly losing its appeal...:p

Yeah, being away from family, friends etc is harder than I thought.

Shirahime said:
Hmm I think with every passing decade music/artists have gotten gradually worse. Music's now a fad as people are paying more attention to what an "artist" (I use that word loosely) is endorsing or what clobber they got on. If they need to be doing stuff like that for attention, then have a right whinge about the paps being up in their shit all the time after then why in the hell are they doing it in the first place?

I largely agree but it depends what genres you fancy. I dunno about any current acts that have the lasting power of Metallica, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, etc but there are still some very good acts out there, although you probably wont find them on MTV :p

Last edited:
I largely agree but it depends what genres you fancy. I dunno about any current acts that have the lasting power of Metallica, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, etc but there are still some very good acts out there, although you probably wont find them on MTV :p

Hmmm I dunno I'm from the Henry Rollins School of Thoughts on Current Music Trends. I also think sometimes older artists/groups can do it so wrong by trying to "mainstream" almost. I haven't listened to any recent NIN stuff since With Teeth which actually broke my heart 'cause I did NOT like it at all and now Mr. Reznor has decided to sell everything. Same with newer Metallica stuff since St. Anger. I have this theory that Metallica got particularly shite when they got sober. I don't want to listen to new music. Especially when every single or album I'd buy helps pay for their tofu snacking diet and their Toyota Prius.

Thing is, that isn't Lady gaga. That's Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. when she realized dull, shit, repetitive beats and controversy is what sells instead of talent, gaga is born. You can see I treat those like 2 separate entities.

Everybody has to have alter-ego's now. It's actually quite stupid. To me it's just summat like a fake watered down schizoprenia or bi-polar disorder brought on to themselves as part of their image; just so they can sound poetic in some interview and they can say "I have this destructive part of me, blah blah" and sound deep and emotional an all that hipster shite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
Also here is my sanity and emotional stability cake.
P1000651.jpg
Oh god that looks good... I am starving, despite it being almost 5am and me having college tomor... err, today. :blink:

Music today is mostly crap, I do like some drum and bass stuff like Pendulum and used to like Muse before they got boring but must of it is just un-imaginative. I consider Pendulum's "The Island Pt1" to be their worst track on that album, yet that was the one that was hit. Mostly because it was mainstream and predictable.

Its a shame people aren't willing to listen to tunes with any imagination to them anymore. I also prefer the era before music videos, back when just playing (Or lip syncing :p) a song was a good enough thing to watch without a load of barely dressed women writhing around a CGI environment. :rolleyes:
It was about the MUSIC back then maaaaaaan!

/hippy

Me, I listen to Led Zep, Uriah Heep, 10cc, Sweet, Badfinger, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Indigo Swing, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica and Escape The Fate to name a few.
I like to consider my music taste varied. :D

For me, music was most significant in my high-school / college years (80's / 90's).
During that period of time, I thought 99% of it was crap.
Now that it's a few decades later, the songs I do hear from the 80's and 90's on the radio and elsewhere tend to be ones from that 1% that was decent or good.
If that is why it makes it seem as if music from the past is much better than the current stuff or if it actually is getting worse I don't know, but it's at least a factor I think.

On a completely different note, I just watched the series finale of Friday Night Lights.
I can't decide if this series or The Wire is the best TV show of all time, but it's right up there.
Damn it, I wish that show didn't end. :(

I seem to have forgotten cake hurts my teeth.
Boo.

I survived my first day back at uni and didn't even get lost...yay? Feels kinda weird, though and this whole getting up early thing is probably going to take me a week or so to get used to. At least they're sort of easing us into it.

To the god botherer who put the leaflet in my letterbox today about how God will kill me with a 100 metre high tidal wave because of abortions and prostitutes, thank you. I needed a laugh after today.

I'm doing a "small" assignment for college, we have to make a music video in flash. I went the easy way and am making a "various geometric figures do weird things" video. It is a pain in the ass to get it to match the music. And, to make things worse, Flash doesn't seem to be able to start a piece of music right in the middle of it.. So each time I have to check something out, I have to play it all the way from the beginning. I predict that will get annoying towards the end!

Doing some sketches for a graphic design project while listening to music. I'm currently listening to Globus' Preliator.

MOST EPIC SKETCHING SESSION EVER.

If you could have one super power, what would it be?

Time travel.

Go back to the Grassy Knoll and shout "Duck!"

Too soon?