Random Thoughts....

OK, someone on Facebook has just invited me to this rave party thing. I usually tend to ignore all my invitations, but lately I've been thinking that I really need to get a life. Looking at the description however, it looks like I'd probably hate it. But then again, who knows? If I give this type of stuff a chance enough times, I might start developing a taste for it.

OK, someone on Facebook has just invited me to this rave party thing. I usually tend to ignore all my invitations, but lately I've been thinking that I really need to get a life. Looking at the description however, it looks like I'd probably hate it. But then again, who knows? If I give this type of stuff a chance enough times, I might start developing a taste for it.

Let's see if imageshack will like me...

http://img237.imageshack.**/img237/3951/049f85dc63ddd3416952a4e.gif

If a rave party means what I think it does, as in : loud techno (or whatever it's called these days) music and lots of flashing lights combined with stoned teenagers, I would say that it might not be the best way to 'start getting a life'......more like a way to be discusted with society at large :p

If you have issues with getting out and meeting people, maybee start out with something a little more relaxed?

Then again, I'm a million years old....

If a rave party means what I think it does, as in : loud techno (or whatever it's called these days) music and lots of flashing lights combined with stoned teenagers, I would say that it might not be the best way to 'start getting a life'......more like a way to be discusted with society at large :p

Yep, it's pretty much that.

I want to be a stoned teenager though, not the bookish Asian nerd that I am right now. Well, maybe not stoned. Even still, I have trouble with loosening my self up a little and I want to remedy that.

If I weren't who I was; I would, undoubtedly, be a stoned teenager who'd love to jump and down like a mindless idiot. I can see the appeal of that kind of stuff, it's just me that's the problem.

I want to be a stoned teenager though, not the bookish Asian nerd that I am right now. Well, maybe not stoned. Even still, I have trouble with loosening my self up a little and I want to remedy that.

If I weren't who I was; I would, undoubtedly, be a stoned teenager who'd love to jump and down like a mindless idiot. I can see the appeal of that kind of stuff, it's just me that's the problem.

Well...do any of your friends plan on going? It's always easier to go to a party/function that you aren't used to if you at least know a few people.

I shouldn't say much considering that I've been in college 3 years and have only been to a wild party once. :p

The trick is to know when to be a stoned teenager and when to be a nerd. Being a stoned teenager will not (Usually) get you a career, being an asian nerd will get you a great job and career. Your choice, too much one way and you end up useless, too much the other then you become a bit boring, you just need a balance. Actually I skip the stoned bit and just be a nice guy and relaxed not uptight and you will be there.

Reactions: Jay
:nod: Wouldn't consider it otherwise.

Then I'd go, the best thing you can do is go and be yourself. If you don't wan't to drink or smoke or w/e just don't! Most people wouldn't care if you did or didn't and the ones that do aren't people you'd want to hang out with in the first place IMO. :) Have fun!

Just bought a new suit. A purchase mostly made simply because. :p Amusingly 2 of my mates bought suits today as well...

I second the do not like wild party's notion......
Pub, counter, beer, I'm happy.
Noise, lights, people I don't know acting annoying, bad booze, I'm getting the hell outta here.

Pub, counter, beer, I'm happy.

Similar here, but not exactly the same. Give me a few people I can have a conversation with, a good drink, a good ambiance with good music and it's perfect. Cozy, that is. (</foghorn_leghorn>)

P.S. This song is the perfect metaphor for what I think about a large part of the "artists" in modern "music".

Last edited: