Random Thoughts....

I second the do not like wild party's notion......
Pub, counter, beer, I'm happy.
Noise, lights, people I don't know acting annoying, bad booze, I'm getting the hell outta here.

x2

I'm not overly fond of wild parties, not necessarily because of what they are, but because of what kind of people attend them around here. :/

x2

And I'm pretty sure the kinds of people who attend wild parties are the same wherever you are.

I'm a quiet bar man myself for regular consumption, but wild parties with tons of people need to be experienced by the youngins. Nothing quite like your first music festival, or if you can Oktoberfest/drinking festival. There's something to be said about camping out with your friends at a festival. I've been to Coachella and Bonarroo and both were freaking awesome. We borrowed a shit caravan, and drove it down each time for a week of drunkenness, music and parties.

So go out young man, experience life, and see what you like.

Yep, it's pretty much that.

I want to be a stoned teenager though, not the bookish Asian nerd that I am right now. Well, maybe not stoned. Even still, I have trouble with loosening my self up a little and I want to remedy that.

If I weren't who I was; I would, undoubtedly, be a stoned teenager who'd love to jump and down like a mindless idiot. I can see the appeal of that kind of stuff, it's just me that's the problem.
I was a much less happy person when I tried to be someone I wasn't.

Roll with the bookish Asian guy, if that's who you'd like to be. I'm guessing you wish you were more outgoing? I'm kinda shy myself, and I've had much better luck talking to people with a common interest than talking to people who I just...don't.

If your friends are going, though, shoot, get them to introduce you around and stuff. It sounds like it has potential to be fun.

Last edited:
Similar here, but not exactly the same. Give me a few people I can have a conversation with, a good drink, a good ambiance with good music and it's perfect. Cozy, that is. (</foghorn_leghorn>)

P.S. This song is the perfect metaphor for what I think about a large part of the "artists" in modern "music".

Is that Peter Beardsley former Newcastle and England Football player on drums?

Peter_Beardsley.jpg

I support wild parties.
Me, too.
I second the do not like wild party's notion......
Pub, counter, beer, I'm happy.
I like that, too - different setting than a wild party, equally brilliant. I'll come back to that in a second.

I'm a quiet bar man myself for regular consumption, but wild parties with tons of people need to be experienced by the youngins. Nothing quite like your first music festival, or if you can Oktoberfest/drinking festival. There's something to be said about camping out with your friends at a festival. I've been to Coachella and Bonarroo and both were freaking awesome. We borrowed a shit caravan, and drove it down each time for a week of drunkenness, music and parties.

So go out young man, experience life, and see what you like.
That sums it up quite nicely.

A question to all those here who watched the finale of "Ashes to Ashes":
Who of you, during the farewell sequence, thought of his favourite pub and it's landlord? I bloody well did. Hell, if i would not have to work tomorrow, i'd go there for a pint right now.

While beers on their own are good, nothing beats at least 4 people sitting down in a good Indian or Chinese place or Tapas bar and sharing awesome tastes, conversation and good imported beers.

While beers on their own are good, nothing beats at least 4 people sitting down in a good Indian or Chinese place or Tapas bar and sharing awesome tastes, conversation and good imported beers.

Hmmm even when am Fat Sam's Disco, Stateside; I still drink me own bodyweight in Boddingtons. :lol:

I confess, I really can't listen to "Money for Nothing" anymore without singing the words to Weird Al's parody:

(believe it or not, that's Mark Knopfler performing the guitar riff; that was his one condition in allowing Weird Al to do the parody)

:lol: My friends and I try to do the exact opposite once a week. We get together, order BBQ (which KC is "famous" for) and drink local beer. My typical Saturday dinner looks like this:
4027691690_f4983bb2d2_o.jpg

Washed down with lots of this:
boulevard_wheat.ar9r6oq313c4444s888ogsk48.6ylu316ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg

Reactions: MWF
let me tell you all a story....

Sunday night i was over a friends house to play some GT5 (i don't have a PS3) and stayed late enough to warrant spending the night. I woke up to the first ear ache i have had in probably 20+ years. Did some quick googling since i haven't really got any experience with ear aches and followed the general internet consensus of aspirin + decongestant to reduce inflammation and clear out what ever gunk may have built up. The aspirin did a great job of controlling the pain and i was able to sleep reasonably comfortably though i did wake up a few times because of a leaky nose and coughing up some pretty nasty junk.

Tuesday morning my ear just felt stuffy (as in filled with cotton) but there was no pain so i just popped a few decongestant caps and i was able to work my night shift with basically no issues other than minor trouble hearing people when there was lots of background noise which is something i have kind of have issues with anyway. Towards the end of my shift i started to get a very minor dull ache in my ear. As i was leaving work i grabbed some aspirin from the first-aid kit and went to bed thinking that everything was generally headed towards being better.

At around 2:30am i was woken up by what i can only describe as the most intense pain i have ever felt in my entire life. Now you need to know that i have a surprisingly high threshold for pain. Among my friends i am kind of a marvel for my ability to take a hit or injure myself and just keep on working/playing/whatever I chalk it up to a youth spent hurting myself while playing alone in the woods and not really having any other option but to hike home with cuts and scrapes and on one particularly spectacular occasion about 3 inches of sharpened stick buried in my thigh (don't ask) So when i tell you that i was in so much pain that all of my muscles where clenched to the point that i was in a fetal position barely able to move it was some serious serious shit.

Initially as a result of the pain and the accompanying cracking poping noises coming from inside ear I though perhaps some sort of insect or arachnid had crawled inside my ear or even worse the eggs that had been laid earlier were finally hatching. Obviously i quickly dismissed this as about as unlikely as alien brain implants going haywire but again having no experience with this sort of symptom i quickly googled for info and came up with nothing at all useful. At this point it was about 3am and i was really just hoping that the pain would subside enough for me to fall back asleep and wake up call into work and schedule an appointment with a doctor to get checked out. Side note i had just recently switched from MA state health insurance to that offered by my employer (Barnes&Noble) and as of yet i had not found a doctor or looked into what were the local hospitals/clinics that were in-system for my new coverage. After about another 20 or so minutes of laying curled up in my bed praying for some relief I went back to my computer and started searching for the nearest system hospital because the pain was unbearable and it was starting to look like a very expensive emergency room visit was in my future. Nearly 30 more minutes later after dealing with possibly the slowest most unintuitive website in the history of the heathcare profession I had found the nearest hospital and had to decide between trying to drive myself in my pain wracked state and calling a friend to drive me. I ultimately decided that while driving myself would not be the safest option getting care ASAFP was far preferable to any amount of waiting. During the course of the 20 minute drive to the hospital i learned a few interesting things the first being that you can infact nearly black out from pain also how badly a screwed up ear can effect you sense of balance/coordination and finally that any G forces from either accelerating/braking/turning made the first 2 things significantly worse. About half way through the drive i felt slight pop and a very sharp spike followed by a steady decline in the pain department. The pop was also accompanied by a feeling of warm wetness around my ear. I quickly turned on the cabin light and gently probed the area near the entrance to my ear with my fingers and looked at them to find them mostly covered in blood. At this point even though i was bleeding the pain had lessened to the point that i considered turning back towards home and avoiding the cost of an emergency room visit but decided that i would much rather pay a big ass bill that possibly lose hearing or go through this whole ordeal again if the pain returned later in the morning plus my probably erratic driving was much more likely to be an issue if there was more traffic on the road later than the current levels.

Upon arriving to the hospital I was quickly ushered through the check in process and given a room in which i could wait for a doctor I was also surprised at the number of "interesting" looks i was given while checking in you would think a kid with blood dripping from his ear wouldn't garner much interest in a place that deals with gunshots and car accidents plus all kinds of other crazy stuff. After a rather short wait (about 45min to an hour) i was attended by a very very very very cute young redheaded RN and a very nice doctor who gave me a quick examination and told me that I had had a middle ear infection which had filled my ear up with puss and burst my ear drum. He gave me a double dose of antibiotics on the spot and prescribed me a short regimen for this week plus some percocet and ibuprofen for the pain. He also told me to expect only a few weeks of diminished hearing but no long term ill effects. Today had no real pain in my ear but did have some persistent bleeding/fluid leaking (something the doctor warned me about) and i am now about to head to bed under the influence of some very nice opioid pain killers. So now i get to look forward to what is likely to be a very large bill from the hospital a small part of which will be covered by my insurance but at least the pain is gone and i am not looking at any lasting effects.

TL : DR If you ever get an ear ache where you are unsure of the cause (unlike say swimmers ear) it is really really worth it to try and get it checked out by your doctor asap even if the pain goes away and you are only experiencing stuffiness in your ear it could very likely save you from incredible pain and a very large bill from the emergency room.

Last edited:
Ulgh, that is very unfortunate sounding S:

Though if I went to the doctor every time I had a random nasty pain I would probably have to live at the hospital. :lol:

Though if I went to the doctor every time I had a random nasty pain I would probably have to live at the hospital. :lol:

Yeah. It cuts both ways one the one hand you either go to the doctors every time you have a pain and spend a bunch of money or you never go to the doctors because you usually tough it out until you are suddenly in serious trouble and then your only option may be the emergency room or some other expensive situation that could have been avoided if you had gotten checked out earlier.

Before the Tuesday night Wednesday morning ordeal i was planning on trying to set up an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow had the ear stuffiness persisted regardless of if i was in pain or not but my hand was forced and i ended up in the ER

Punctuation. is a' foreign: concept? to me!

Yeah. It cuts both ways one the one hand you either go to the doctors every time you have a pain and spend a bunch of money or you never go to the doctors because you usually tough it out until you are suddenly in serious trouble and then your only option may be the emergency room or some other expensive situation that could have been avoided if you had gotten checked out earlier.

It only works if you have something easy anyway. I always have weird ass House MD episode crap so I don't bother

Enter key, what is it; paragraphs, what are they.

Fucking question marks, how do they work!

Punctuation. is a' foreign: concept? to me!

You guys missed something important

and i am now about to head to bed under the influence of some very nice opioid pain killers. So now i get to look forward to what is likely to be a very large bill from the hospital a small part of which will be covered by my insurance but at least the pain is gone and i am not looking at any lasting effects.

Finn is probably stoned right now. :lol: