Random Thoughts....

Aren't there unions in GB? They are far from perfect (I suspect certain members are already foaming at the mouth just seeing them mentioned) but fuck all that shit would not fly here.

Unions are about as much use as a condom machine int Vatican. Besides, I don't think I'd wanna join a Union consisting solely of angry, rabid cleaning women. o_O

Everytime I watch a youtube video I have a watch a long ass unrelated commercial first..... so is there any way around this or am I gonna have to stop using youtube?

Unions are about as much use as a condom machine int Vatican. Besides, I don't think I'd wanna join a Union consisting solely of angry, rabid cleaning women. o_O
Some unions are decent, some are useless. Same as with all people and groups, so generalising won't help you.

Everytime I watch a youtube video I have a watch a long ass unrelated commercial first..... so is there any way around this or am I gonna have to stop using youtube?
Night_Hawk, meet Adblock Plus. Adblock Plus, meet Night_Hawk. I'm sure you'll get along. ;-)

Last edited:
Thinking about it, probably the best thing unions ever did was spawn some great folksongs....

Well ok maybee not that one :p

From what I can tell your choices as far as unions go are: ones that go overboard like UAW or the Teachers Union in my town that ends up ruining the company (or in my towns case the school. ex: Old teachers get raises constantly but new teachers get laid off to give other teachers raises and the school cannot afford supplies for students who are consistently doing worse and worse on tests and only like 50% now can even get into college.) Unions that do nothing and why are you in the union, or no union like most people in for example retail so the company can constantly fuck you over in illegal ways like forging documents and firing you because they say so.

So you are either babied and everyone hates you because you are fucking them over, or you are being fucked over yourself. YAY CHOICES.

From what I can tell your choices as far as unions go are: ones that go overboard like UAW or the Teachers Union in my town that ends up ruining the company (or in my towns case the school. ex: Old teachers get raises constantly but new teachers get laid off to give other teachers raises and the school cannot afford supplies for students who are consistently doing worse and worse on tests and only like 50% now can even get into college.) Unions that do nothing and why are you in the union, or no union like most people in for example retail so the company can constantly fuck you over in illegal ways like forging documents and firing you because they say so.

So you are either babied and everyone hates you because you are fucking them over, or you are being fucked over yourself. YAY CHOICES.

Well, there's always the choice of working for an ethical company, but that requires scoring the job, which is easier said than done.

Ethical company? They have those? :blink:

Yay for SATs this weekend! <_<

Yeah, yeah; I'll do fine, don't worry. Whatever, going by my PSATs I should be fine but my nerves will not be. Fucking time restricted testing, who thought that was a good idea? And then have them early in the morning? Just peachy!

Yeah, yeah; I'll do fine, don't worry. Whatever, going by my PSATs I should be fine but my nerves will not be. Fucking time restricted testing, who thought that was a good idea? And then have them early in the morning? Just peachy!

People who think that you shouldn't be allowed all the time in the world to complete a task. The test is vetted to be able to be completed perfectly by a small percentage of the population in the time frame, its how all testing works.

People who think that you shouldn't be allowed all the time in the world to complete a task. The test is vetted to be able to be completed perfectly by a small percentage of the population in the time frame, its how all testing works.

What a coincidence, it's as if that's how the real world works.

Stressing is the worst thing you can do for these tests. School is built to teach you nothing but what is on them so you either know it (which you probably do) or you don't. Go play video games and forget about it.

I understand that but time restrictions neglect plus incorrect answers taking away from the score puts too much emphasis on being able to answer correctly as soon as you look at the problem. Take my math score on my PSAT for example, it's my lowest one, but my math score on MCAS was my highest. Both are time restricted tests but on MCAS I didn't have one minute per question as with SAT. When I have so many minutes to write an essay and answer other prompts and the article I have to read takes a large amount of the time even when skimmed through it gets ridiculous. I have no problem writing an essay short and sweet in getting to the point but that takes time to think about.

I agree, being allowed an hour to answer a dozen questions is overkill but only being allowed a 25 minutes to answer 25 questions and read/analyze an article is overkill in a negative way.

I understand that but time restrictions neglect plus incorrect answers taking away from the score puts too much emphasis on being able to answer correctly as soon as you look at the problem. Take my math score on my PSAT for example, it's my lowest one, but my math score on MCAS was my highest. Both are time restricted tests but on MCAS I didn't have one minute per question as with SAT. When I have so many minutes to write an essay and answer other prompts and the article I have to read takes a large amount of the time even when skimmed through it gets ridiculous. I have no problem writing an essay short and sweet in getting to the point but that takes time to think about.

I agree, being allowed an hour to answer a dozen questions is overkill but only being allowed a 25 minutes to answer 25 questions and read/analyze an article is overkill in a negative way.

Not really. It's meant to separate the good from the great. It's nice to be able to get everything right, it's better to get everything right in a fast time.