Random Thoughts....

Some one I don't know just IM'd me asking who I am. :|

Obviously he/she doesn't know you either :blink:

How do they Have my IM name then, It's not like I post it all over.

That would make sense if this wasn't my AIM name, that I rarely use and it doesn't share a name with any account on any site or any email.

Still, as far as I can tell, to use AIM you either need to put your own e-mail in there or they give you a @aim.com address. So, my guess is that he got the address from somewhere.

Still, as far as I can tell, to use AIM you either need to put your own e-mail in there or they give you a @aim.com address. So, my guess is that he got the address from somewhere.

I googled my AIM and couldn't find myself :dunno:

I need a PedEgg in my life. I never knew how rough my feet were till I tried one.

Must... purchase...

Captain_70s

Scotland - best education in the World - just ask the SNP - and its free too! Pay 9 grand per annum for it and then fail. You'll know all about it then.

Cobol74 has kids to educate. ...

Last edited:
Well months of stress and misery and its all over... as I majestically fail my college course 6 weeks from the end.

Woo fucking hoo... :wall:

Ouch, that sucks. I managed to fail out of a class in a similarly spectacular fashion, and all I could think about was just how much of a waste it had been.

Is there no way to salvage something from it? Maybe change your course status to auditing or something?

Cobol: We have even 'better' ones here - pay well over $50K/year and still fail out - despite attending all classes and getting passing grades on all coursework. Of course, no refunds will be forthcoming... Yeah, I am still not enthused with US academia. :p

Related: http://ca.gawker.com/5797665/law-school-even-more-of-a-ripoff-than-previously-thought

Last edited:
Spectre

We are copying yours - get there sooner or later.

Yeah, let's hope you guys don't.

"Oh, by the way, I didn't tell you people this earlier, but your final grade is going to consist of how well you score on the final exam. None of your coursework is going to count." Of course, the final consists of questions on material that was never covered in class, never in any of the assigned reading, was never part of any materials we were likely to come across, and everyone fails. Nice trick - and then you're out a couple of grand for that course (plus however much you value your time, which has now been completely wasted.)

Last edited:
Missed a bit - and not in any past papers you got ahold of either - some bee in a lecturers bonnet. Beware of "Green (as in Agh its Global Warming we are all going to die unless we all give up driving immediately) Bees" most of all.

Missed a bit - and not in any past papers you got ahold of either - some bee in a lecturers bonnet. Beware of "Green (as in Agh its Global Warming we are all going to die unless we all give up driving immediately) Bees" most of all.

Not entirely sure how to parse what you just said, but nobody in the class passed the final exam or had ever seen the material that was being tested for before. Fairly small class (30) and what we all had thought was a laid-back professor and TA teaching.

Alas, the professor had recently gotten tenure and didn't give a damn as to whether anyone passed or not.

Sorry I'll clarify - yes that was a really crap post of mine. ...

1. Our education system has been 'infiltrated' by Greens doing the teaching, they seem to wangle in how bad being non green is into everything! Watch out if you disagree. ...

2. We used to be able to obtain "Past Papers" that is old years exams and if you went through enough of them you would be almost certain to come across one of the obscure and untaught questions - this would allow you to at least teach yourself the subject if you think it important. I was saying that some of the strange questions now have not come up before so you are in an impossible situation - what I think the general point you are making is but with my specific example.

Last edited:
Exactly so. There was no possible way to pass this exam based on the information imparted in class, or any past exam (some people compared notes after). I heard the next two classes through failed as well.

Eventually students stopped taking his course, which I think was this guy's intended goal all along.