Random Thoughts....

I really want to get a dog, but our apartment complex applies brutal fees to any pet that isn't in a cage or under water. $300 "non-refundable deposit" (then it's not really a deposit, is it?) plus a rent increase.

The dog I want is a Standard Schnauzer.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/05/13/Schnauzer.jpg

They are great dogs from what I understand, friendly with visitors when they are introduced by their master, but also protective of their family and home. We used to have a Miniature Schnauzer when I was younger, but for some reason over the past several generations the Miniatures have gone from being a smaller Standard to more Toy-sized, and I don't want a dog that small.

A dog should be able to jump into the back of the XTerra and be large enough that I don't worry about it being carried off by a bird of prey when I take it camping.

I wonder what I would name him.

Dog: Doesn't bother the family, goes and finds the food and the milk, drinks it, licks you, plays with you, lets you pet it, goes to sleep. Cute.
Cat: Meows the fuck out of everything at 2:30 in the night, wakes up the entire family, won't fucking accept 2 hour old pedigree that was kept out, everything has to be fresh, then shuts the fuck up. Doesn't lick you, doesn't like you petting it, doesn't give you company.

/dog person.

A Dog is far more loyal than a cat. Cats are made from 100% evil and will kill anything. Dogs are just 100% cute and love everything.

Seems I must spread some puppified common sense around before giving it to LP again.

Dogs FTW. My dog was 18 1/3 years old when he died in 2007. Miss him every day...

Last edited:
Dog: Doesn't bother the family, goes and finds the food and the milk, drinks it, licks you, plays with you, lets you pet it, goes to sleep. Cute.
Cat: Doesn't bother the family, goes and finds the food and the milk, drinks it, licks you,lets you pet it, goes to sleep. Cute.

Me, person terrified of dogs has been taking care of a Labrabull for about 3 1/2 months now It has destroyed my favorite slippers, it chews through everything that's close to him, has eough stamina to conquer a couple of nations. We didn't have to put up with this shit with the cat.

Still I'm now a "eh, whatever" person

Seems I must spread some puppified common sense around before giving it to LP again.

Dogs FTW. My dog was 18 1/3 years old when he died in 2007. Miss him every day...

My previous dog, Heidi. Had her for 18 years and the only thing that was worse than the day we put her down was when i was coming back from work to a empty house. Even with my current dog, Rosie. Still miss Heidi. Each dog is different and each has their own character. Rosie will never replace Heidi but it also means i'll never be alone either.

I'd have named him "donation to the nearest Korean restaurant" personally.

/me cat person

Do we even 'ave any Korean restaurants over 'ere? o_O Probably only in London like but still, I could fair go for some gogi gu-i.

<-- Cat Person Really. But me cat's a bitch an' half.

Dogs are fine I guess. We've getten 3 but they're me dad's dogs an' me an' me mam aren't allowed to have anything to do wi' 'em 'cause they're working dogs. 2 Labradors an' some Collie looking thing. I dunno, only ever seen that one once an' that were about 5 months ago.

I want a Corgi. :|

A Dog is far more gullible than a cat. Cats are made from 100% win and kill vermin. Dogs are just 100% dumb and love everything.

Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-dog. Far from it. I know some really nice ones who I am always happy to see, pet, be greeted by, walk and so on. I will be seeing a friend on Monday who I haven't seen in a while and she has the most gorgeous Tibetan terrier. I'm really looking forward to seeing them both.

I am, however, anti-dog ownership. Just as some people are happy to be aunts or uncles, spend time with their siblings' kids and then hand them back, so I am with dogs.

And cats can be extremely loyal. And in some cases will attack Jehovahs' Witnesses, cold callers and screen pyscho girlfriends by spraying on the nut cases.

Speaking of Bones has anyone seen the episode "The Finder" yet? If that doesn't spawn a really fun spin-off I'll be really surprised. Bear that in mind as and when you watch it.

The whole point of that episode was to kick off the spin-off! :p

Dog person here, it's out of necessity, cats hate me, well most dogs do to, and canaries, and fish, not to mention those damn ferrets.....

On the walking the dog thing, this only applies to living in urban enviroments, I have a large pasture behind my house, I let nature take its course in it, 2 times a year a local farmer comes by to mow it, that's about it.
My dog does it's business there, atleast I think he does, that or he's a medical miracle.

My brother's a cat person through and through. We grew up in a strictly no pets household unless you count goldfish... who recently got evicted from the dining room to my parents' courtyard (that's another story).

Everyone here in Utah has pets - some are really cute and good, some are well, interesting.

One of our friends has a Rat Terrier who is just, how do I phrase this nicely, stupid (if I said she was as dumb as a pile of rocks, the damn rocks would be insulted). This is also the same dog who, upon the mischievous encouragement of her owners, forced herself to eat a wasabi pea.

What's funny is that the same friend has a Maine Coon cat, who literally rolls his eyes at the dog when she's doing something stupid and gives her owners the look of "Do we have to keep the dog?" This is also the same cat who will swipe the dog in the face to tell it to calm the fuck down.

Yeah, can anyone say Garfield and Odie...

YOU FUCKING DICK, CAN'T YOU SPEAK ENGLISH PROPERLY!!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

/ban

As stated in our rules, harassment of other members is not tolerated. Thank you all for reporting this post. Klanky has been given an infraction, and any further actions of this sort will result in a time-out. Seriously guys, is it that hard to be civil to each other?

I am most definitely still a cat person. Yes, our dog is very cute, but I'd still rather have a cat. And Saf is a massive pussy anyway :lol:

I have to say I like cats and dogs about equally - cats for their independence and the fact they can be downright mean, dogs for their loyalty and willingness to adapt to the "pack". I think that probably means I'm schizophrenic.

The whole point of that episode was to kick off the spin-off! :p

Well that was what I was saying most of the way through. Really pleased I was right and looking forward to it. Reckon it will have a kind of modern A Team vibe to it.

Dog person, but only if they're the right sort of type. Border Collies, Labs, Kelpies, German Shepards, etc. Yeah, you gotta work them and run them hard, but they tend to have a pretty even temprament, are trustworthy and loyal. When I find a decent place of my own with a bit of a yard I'll see about getting one of those sort of dogs.

Cats are ok too, but they really only care about themselves.