Random Thoughts....

Made an account and voted. Because it's awesome!

much obliged good sir

Got a random invitation for a position of "Junior account manager" for a company that deals with Forex trades? I don't even know what that is.

Last edited:
If somebody borrowed money a long time ago without signing anything, is there any way you could get it back? Because my parents, around twenty or thirty years ago loaned out quite considerable amounts of money to various different people. At the time, they thought nothing of it but y'know these days it'd add up to some amount. Probably enough to get us out of this predicament.

If somebody borrowed money a long time ago without signing anything, is there any way you could get it back? Because my parents, around twenty or thirty years ago loaned out quite considerable amounts of money to various different people. At the time, they thought nothing of it but y'know these days it'd add up to some amount. Probably enough to get us out of this predicament.

Debts in Australia become statute barred after 6 years. If no action has been taken to recover the moneys and no repayments made, you have no legal recourse. Your parents can ask for it, but cannot take legal action. If a debt payment is made, the clock 'resets' and have another six years to pursue it.

Verbal contracts can be harder to prove. Also your parents will need to prove that the contract exists, and repayment was expected (ie a loan rather than a gift). But in regards to the above..... probably not.

If someone has a dirty mind, would brain washing help?
Nope. But I hear they are easy to pick. Their keyboards get dirty.

Last edited:
Tests are over! Pretty ecstatic about that, first time in weeks I've been able to sit down and not worry about studying anything. I do have a novel to read, but I'm quite enjoying that so I guess it doesn't count.

Debts in Australia become statute barred after 6 years. If no action has been taken to recover the moneys and no repayments made, you have no legal recourse. Your parents can ask for it, but cannot take legal action. If a debt payment is made, the clock 'resets' and have another six years to pursue it.

Verbal contracts can be harder to prove. Also your parents will need to prove that the contract exists, and repayment was expected (ie a loan rather than a gift). But in regards to the above..... probably not.

Haha! Yes! Recently, with a bit, actually a lot of persuasion they've been making small repayments. Better take this small window of opportunity and see where it leads. Not expecting any miracles, but y'know, it's worth a shot.

Ever get odd words stuck in your head and you have no idea why and how they are there? For some reason the phrase "einfach leben" is stuck in my head...:blink:

Might depend on your e-mail client but mine always marks stuff like that as spam. It usually is.

I love it when the world shows how small it can be.

long story: I've volunteered for a non-profit student exchange organisation for about ten years and have recently started a full-time job as an interim office aide. I work in the hosting department, i.e. the folks who do loads of background work so that students from abroad can come to Germany on exchange. That entails condensing the students' quite lengthy applications into short, to-the-point profiles for the purpose of finding host families. Recently, I did just that with a very nice application sent by a girl from southern Croatia. Tonight, out of curiosity, I searched the names of a couple of students on Facebook and she showed up as a friend of another volunteer from southern Croatia that I know. Sent that volunteer a quick message and yes, the two Croatians know each other and we volunteers agree that the student is great.

My mentor just asked my labmate Sarah to measure his head.

You know I've felt discriminated and left out of things a bit here, but measuring his head.... yeah that's certainly not one :lol:.

Just what the fuck, seriously.

"Measure his head." So that's what the kids call it these days.