Random Thoughts....

Back from the edge after taking a long look down. Like an alkie, I am living life one day at a time, something that is new to me.

Welcome back! :)

*sigh*

Don't make me go to work today. Please.

And my last meeting is about 4pm, so no skiving off early on a Friday arvo either. :shakefist:

I cannot hide from the world anymore being aloof or (stupidly) KEEPING IT REAL; I need all the friends and contacts I can get, virtual or real.

But on the same token I am not going to drag people down with my problems. Everyone has them, everyone has ways to cope with them.

:) Glad to see you back from the cliff's edge.

One of the reasons why I was not on much from February to April is because I watched all seven seasons of The Office. Five times over.

I really like the show, can ya tell?

Mmm, summer thunderstorms. :love: They've come early this year.

Back from the edge after taking a long look down. Like an alkie, I am living life one day at a time, something that is new to me.

Welcome back buddeh, we missed ya around here! Also I love your comment on my status, you're a goddamned genius.

My boss varies between 5 years old and 12 years old, depending on exactly how inappropriate he's being. Linearly, he's 28, but I get the distinct impression he'll still be about 5 to 12 years old, even when he's 40. Makes work more fun. ;)

Well at least it makes your work more fun! I'm glad for you.

So, like, I'm no longer a college student.

So, like, congratulations dawg. Time to enter the brave cold world. What are your plans?

Got to be a new hat.

Ding ding ding. He's going to Sarah's graduation and so he wants to get the proper cap.

Glad to have you back, Jay.

Bad things that happened today: First time in a while I tried to go to sleep at a reasonable hour, and I spend the entire night tossing and turning. I had to get up early to make sure my sisters get on/to their school buses, so I only finally conked out, on the family couch, next to the air-con, at around 8:30 in the morning. It was/is sweltering today, which didn't help my getting to sleep last night.

The reason why: My mother had to undergo surgery for a herniated disc in her heck.

The good news that renders the bad news inconsequential: The surgery went well, and she'll be back tomorrow. They're holding her to keep an eye on her blood sugar.

Other good news: There's a cold front moving in. Yay cooler temperatures! \o/

If there are any athletes here, I'd love to hear from you.

I'm looking for an undershirt that can wick moisture in this humid, sweaty heat. So far I've found this from Underarmour, and I would like to know what works for you. This is for when I'm riding, by the way.

Heatgear is all I use in the summer, and Smartwool is all I use in winter for baselayer. Almost all athletic companies will have a compression shirt that will wick away sweat though.

Today was my company's 14th day in a row of making and throwing sandbags, for 12 hours each day. :? :yawn:

Got called into work on my day off, our district manager happened to be here today as well as the HR lady. She was interviewing us to see how things were going in the way of staff relations here. Urgh. But the five hours I worked today weren't so bad, because it was so nice outside and we were setting up for our parking lot sale and I got to spend most of the afternoon working out in the sun for once. :)

Today, I set myself a challenge - 30 days without anxiety attacks, facebook depression, grade stress, social stress and all other manners of stress. At the end of these thirty days I'm going to see how I went and if it works, then great but if it hasn't then well, I'll try something else. Normally I'd be a heap on the floor right about now but..I tried letting everything just kind of slide off today and to be honest, it feels great! So far so good then. Somehow, the best way to deal with my problems was to not deal with them at all.

Bad things that happened today: First time in a while I tried to go to sleep at a reasonable hour, and I spend the entire night tossing and turning. I had to get up early to make sure my sisters get on/to their school buses, so I only finally conked out, on the family couch, next to the air-con, at around 8:30 in the morning. It was/is sweltering today, which didn't help my getting to sleep last night.

The reason why: My mother had to undergo surgery for a herniated disc in her heck.

The good news that renders the bad news inconsequential: The surgery went well, and she'll be back tomorrow. They're holding her to keep an eye on her blood sugar.

Other good news: There's a cold front moving in. Yay cooler temperatures! \o/

I'll trade you extreme cold for extreme heat, yesterday it only reached about 12C, probably not that cold if you live some place where it snows but damn it was cold.