Random Thoughts....

:lol: Bingo!

In other news; a Home Delivery van just drove past my window (the postroom is located so that all delivery vans drive past my window :p) and I'd be bloody well hoping my wheels are on that van. The online tracking says the last thing was that they were dispatched from the Glasgow depot very early yesterday morning. But they should be delivered today, although I won't get them until tomorrow as its after 1pm which is when the postroom deliver the mail to the halls. :p

Wolf Spiders WTF

I've been seeing them all over my house for the last couple days, including at least five today, including a rather big one on the wall next to my bed just now.

I always see them from time to time, but almost never more than one a day. I've never seen this many at once before.

Wolf spiders are big scary bastards when they're fully grown. So far, none of them have been..... yet!

ohgod.png

I'd be bloody well hoping my wheels are on that van. The online tracking says the last thing was that they were dispatched from the Glasgow depot very early yesterday morning. But they should be delivered today, although I won't get them until tomorrow as its after 1pm which is when the postroom deliver the mail to the halls. :p
Car wheels? You seriously think the Uni(?) staff are going to deliver car wheels to halls? :lol:

Yes they are car wheels; I hope they don't shout at me too much :lol: And each flat has a small postbox, big enough for letters etc, but for packages they leave a little card and we have to collect them from the postroom. So I'll have to carry them back to my room, but that's OK as my block is literally the closest one to said postroom; probably about 100yards :lol: However I do live on the first floor. :(

Wolf Spiders WTF
Wolf spiders are big scary bastards when they're fully grown. So far, none of them have been..... yet!

After reading, I had to remind myself of what a lucky person I am to not be terrified by insects or nature in general. I was the kid who ate dirt, caught snakes and salamanders and raised wild rabbits and crows.

After reading, I had to remind myself of what a lucky person I am to not be terrified by insects or nature in general. I was the kid who ate dirt, caught snakes and salamanders and raised wild rabbits and crows.

Shall we start calling you Jay Broylls?

Budweiser is asking me to drink Americas beer on Americas birthday.

=|

NO.

It's OK, I am fully aware of his impeccable taste already.

Oh, I loved it when that happened at my work. We do all our computer stuff via VPN and lost the connection to the main office one day. It was just about lunchtime, so off we went for a very nice shared meal. Yay teambuilding*! :lol:
We host servers. Our link between Houston and Dallas went down. Our internal servers are split between Houston and Dallas, so this made actually doing anything extremely difficult - there were no connections on the internal network between Houston and Dallas, and there are no VPN endpoints in Houston, so the Dallas people couldn't reach our Houston stuff. The Houston people could try to VPN to Dallas, but some of our stuff won't run over VPN. Customers' whose hosting is only one one side or the other, or whose hosting doesn't require communication between the locations, had no issues. Only customers that needed to use the down link had issues. As a result, the customer impact was minimal, but the people in the office couldn't do much.

We're having no end of trouble with ADSL connections in said offices though, tried different ISPs and still had dropping connections. Seems to be BTs fault with the lines but there's no way to get away from them, the areas don't have fibre or cable connections. This is 2011 isn't it?
We are the ISP (for our customers, at least).
action-smiley-034.gif

I saw the trailer of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" directed by David Fincher and thought I would go and have a crack at reading the book. I'm not very much into books, I rarely buy them and I even rarely finish them.
But this one is a huge exception. I couldn't let my eyes off the book, I flicked through pages and read very carefully. It's the first time that I had a strong attachment with a book.

Go find the movie "M?n som hatar kvinnor" NOW!!!

An Indians natural inborn healthy fear of Cobra's. Some shit is not meant to be fucked with.

Amen dude.

King-Cobra.jpg

In just seeing for this image I felt like it was crawling over my back. Ah god. Vishnu, where the hell are you?

I have spider ground rules. Spiders cannot be in my bed room to crawl on me when I sleep. I had an ant bite me between the toes while I was sleeping once and it had to be removed at the ER, so I would not like to repeat that. Spiders should not be in striking distance if they are poisonous or not identifiable by me as being not poisonous. No crawling above my head I do not want spiders on my head. Spiders are allowed everywhere else without objection.

Amen dude.

King-Cobra.jpg

In just seeing for this image I felt like it was crawling over my back. Ah god. Vishnu, where the hell are you?

My elementary school

I have spider ground rules. Spiders cannot be in my bed room to crawl on me when I sleep. I had an ant bite me between the toes while I was sleeping once and it had to be removed at the ER, so I would not like to repeat that. Spiders should not be in striking distance if they are poisonous or not identifiable by me as being not poisonous. No crawling above my head I do not want spiders on my head. Spiders are allowed everywhere else without objection.

My elementary school
This was my elementary school. At the time, we had even more critters in the halls than are there now. Our principal (who's since retired) was part of an "exotic" rescue, and the animals she had that were in a condition that would allow them to be at the school were. We had anything from chinchillas to tarantulas, and even a pair of ponies for a while. We had peacocks, ducks, snakes, lizards, bats, etc. The students cared for most of the animals, including a Burmese python long enough to wear a 14 foot sweater (it was named Babushka. I forget its sex).

I was never scared of snakes, but I have been terrified of spiders. I credit this school, along with good parents, with causing me to make ground rules similar to yours, katwalk, and learning to tolerate the non-poisonous spiders.

Last edited:
Well there is a bit of a difference between a school crossed with a petting zoo and one with a banded cobra in a childs lunch box :p