Random Thoughts....

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
I am boned.

So we have data from the 27th of october, 28th, 29th, and Nov 01. I have managed to reduce all the data from the 27th, and tried to reduce the data from the other days. I also have tried to work on differential photometry, light curve plots and statistical analysis. I now have to work on creating fake data and doing lomb-scargle periodogram analysis.

Here's the problem: None of the data from the other days is working. The target star is so dim that the program couldn't identify it. I never told them this, I just said "yeah I'm working on the reduction and it's going. ". I also said I was cranking out light curves for the days other than the 27th (which I have already shown light curves for). I didn't have time yesterday and today to work on fake data and lomb-scargle analysis and I don't think he expects that for today's meeting..... whiiiiich juust happens to be 30 minutes away from now.

So I have several options at this moment: Create the fake data routine and present that information to him, OR try to figure out what the crap is wrong with the data from the other days, why it wouldn't reduce properly, get it reduced, and then work on the analysis within the next 30 minutes so that I can show that I have light curves from other days.

I can then say that there are some issues with the detector not being able to detect extremely faint objects of order of 16th magnitude, which is actually reasonable.

Or I can hide in the bathroom and say I'm sick.

altoid

I donated for the custom title. Suck it.
DONOR
Car(s)
2018 XSR700, 2016 FJ-09
I definitely vote for hiding in the bathroom. Hell, freak out a bit more and you will be sick.

Good luck.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
<---- Used to eat worms as a kid.

Talking about insects an' general yukky things; I'm deathly terrified of Moths. I hate the feckin' things. <_< Don't trust anything that turns to powder when you touch it.
I remember petting worms but not eating them : x
My best friend used to carry around a dead bumble bee for the reason mother was horrified. :lol:

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Just completed this for a customer:

Came out great...

Jay

the fool on the hill
I did a naughty, naughty thing yesterday. I made bratwurst in A SKILLET, not a grill. No way in hell I was going to fire up a grill for two brats, I said a silent apology to my fellow Wisconsinites for this blasphemy and browned them in the skillet, then turned the heat to the lowest setting, poured in a half cup of water, covered, and let it simmer for 13 minutes.

Damned if it was not the best brats I have ever tasted. :blink: It was like, brat nirvana. Also, I used Johnsonville Brats.

Shirahime

Scottish Borders (Originally from Oldham, Lancs.)
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Celica T-Sport
I remember petting worms but not eating them : x
My best friend used to carry around a dead bumble bee for the reason mother was horrified. :lol:
Hahaha! Bumble bees crack me up. Dunno why though. o_O

Had no idea this was your autobiography. :p
Heh! XD I just used to dig 'em up out the ground an' eat 'em wi' the shite still on 'em. Mam took me to the doctor an' told him I'd been eating worms an' he just laughed. Said there was more goodness in a handful of worms than there is in a tin of baked beans. :lol:

Emarline

Car(s)
Crosstown buses
Did someone say snow?

We got this pretty much overnight back in January.

Jon

Car(s)
Ford Mondeo 2.0 Honda CBR600FS (Now wrecked!)
So apparently on our business trip to Japan in October, we'll have 1 day and night in Tokyo... Is there any MUST see/do things to do in a day anyone can recommend??

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
So apparently on our business trip to Japan in October, we'll have 1 day and night in Tokyo... Is there any MUST see/do things to do in a day anyone can recommend??
Go to a club and impress Japanese girls with your height.

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
I definitely vote for hiding in the bathroom. Hell, freak out a bit more and you will be sick.

Good luck.
Thanks man. It all went well.

I showed him the results I did have and explained the negatives in a more scientific way (I'm learning to not be like "zomg everything is going wrong" when I speak to him, even though on the inside my brain and body are running around frantically screaming "mayday mayday"). I explained that hte instrument might not be suitable enough to resolve magnitude 16 sources (which are super dim) and he accepted it all like a champ. I then explained my prospects and he gave suggestions about what to look at and he was very happy. So in short

Time to watch some ayrton senna videos and nurburgring laps while eating my lunch as a reward for making it alive through the meeting. Fuck yeah.

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
Rock on, our ISP just went DOCSIS 3.0 so we upgraded, new modem is one of those router/modems (woo! three routers! pfah, no thanks, disabled). 50 down, 3 up (from 25/2) and 400gb bandwidth (we only went over our previous 100 limit like once). Nice. Now if only the TV would come back on...

Last edited: