Random Thoughts....

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
Hbriz, I'd get back on the phone and try to work your way up the chain of command. Always remember when dealing with large organisations, particularly over the phone, never accept a "no" from someone who isn't in a position to give you a "yes".
Yeah, I may try again tomorrow, if I can be bothered. The price it would cost to replace is more than I would be saving on train tickets if I had the concession card, so I'm probably not going to bother with it for a while. I can get a new one next year. Pain in the arse, yes, but better than dealing with incompetence from state government departments.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
That's the main problem. A larger than usual proportion of people in government jobs are there by default because no private sector organisation would hire them. I can vouch for that here having spent time in a non-clinical part of the NHS and also working with but not for a city council.

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
I do know some great people who do work in public sector jobs, but I also hear many horror stories, so it really is a mixed bag. NSW Transport though I'm fairly sure is devoid of skill...

Zesty

Not A Dude
Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz VTi-S
Tomorrow is my last day of uni for the semester whooohooo! :dance:

Seriously, thank the freaking cosmos, the last few weeks have been capital 'C' CRAZY! Tired Zesty is tired and just wants a holiday.

Necx0

Car(s)
R31 Skyline, Charade rally car
Nothing, but nothing beats the liberating feeling of finishing that final exam and feeling the enormous weight lift off your shoulders and realising that, pass or fail, you don't have to STUDY ANY MORE!!!!!!! (for a few weeks)

PaperBiro

Car(s)
a Veloster
How is it that some people go to a different country, and just stay in the hotel grounds for a week, lounging around in the outdoor swimming pool, complaining that no-one speaks English? Why would you go somewhere that far away when you can just go to Butlins? I know someone who's like this - he only goes abroad for package holidays to some Butlins-style family resort in the Mediterranean - and he genuinely never leaves the resort grounds for a week. Except when there's an Irish pub. How can he not have any wanderlust whatsoever?

I cannot understand the appeal of that. I don't even like sun. I'd rather be at home wasting hours on the Playstation or something.

Last edited:

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
How is it that some people go to a different country, and just stay in the hotel grounds for a week, lounging around in the outdoor swimming pool, complaining that no-one speaks English? Why would you go somewhere that far away when you can just go to Butlins? I know someone who's like this - he only goes abroad for package holidays to some Butlins-style family resort in the Mediterranean - and he genuinely never leaves the resort grounds for a week. Except when there's an Irish pub. How can he not have any wanderlust whatsoever?

I cannot understand the appeal of that. I don't even like sun. I'd rather be at home wasting hours on the Playstation or something.
i can almost agree, when i go somewhere that doesnt just blow my mind all i wanna do is get home and chill infront of my tv.

PaperBiro

Car(s)
a Veloster
Yeah, everyone gets that. When you're there, you think about how tired you are and how the water tastes funny. You remember the good moments when you look back though. :p

I just don't understand people who have no interest in world diversity whatsoever. I can understand why they might find my desire to visit North Korea weird, but how can you look at pictures like these:

and not find them at least a little bit evocative?

Last edited:

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan

Know plenty of people like that, I don't get it either, they all claim it's to achieve a total relaxing effect after a hard workyear.
How the hell is a resort filled with fatcat tourists and absoluutly nothing to do or see that isen't terribly craptastic touristy relaxing again?

I believe it's just that most people aren't that interested in discovering and exploring new things, hell half this planet seems terrified about everything they don't know. :dunno:

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio

I've met people like that, me and the bf have been on vacation on 3 greek islands because we thought they were interesting and there were plenty to see and do and every time there has been some that spent the entire time by the pool. I know denmark isn't the best place to get a tan but surely there are cheaper places if you just want a pool and sun.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Never mind the lying about bit. Why spend all that money to swim in other people's urine while developing a melanoma?

As the late Bill Hicks said when talking about the beach "What's the fascination with the beach? It's where dirt meets water.............I have a bathtub and an imagination so I'm stayin' indoors this summer. That way I get to listen to music I like!"

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
I usualy end up in climates colder then the one I'm living in for some reason.....

Related:

Actual conversation I had with a coworker years ago when he asked me were I was going that summer, the sheer stupidity of it has assured it is lodged in my brain word for word (translation obviously) :

Canada.
Why? There is no beach there?
What?
Yeah, isen't Canada like all forests and stuff?
That's kinda the point, I want to see a part of the country, meet the people and maybee learn something along the way.
What for?
What do you mean what for? It's fun!
But there's no beach, and I'm guessing no pools either at your hotel.
*sigh* I'm staying at a log cabin.
You mean you have to clean and cook yourself?
Yes, well when we don't go out to eat that is....so?
That means it isen't a vacation!

This was a 20something old male, crewcut, low end beemer, amateur footballplayer, a template for my generation and location at the time if you will.....the future is gonna be great! :p

Last edited:

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
Why do people like beaches so much. They are covered in annoying people and screaming children. Sure they are pretty but so are most nature things.

Hive

Car(s)
MTR
Why do people like beaches so much. They are covered in annoying people and screaming children. Sure they are pretty but so are most nature things.
yeah! They're also windy and cold. (well, if you're in Oregon)

Redliner

Will bore you to death with butterfly facts
DONOR
Hookers, deadly mosquitoes, pimps and drug dealers
Car(s)
2013 Palio Sporting
yeah! They're also windy and cold. (well, if you're in Oregon)
Don?t forget the sand.
/me lives in a state that has windy beaches.

EDIT: Darn, Emarline beat me to it.