Random Thoughts....

Who wants winter? I can't wait for the summer. :woot:
... I tend to think that if there is no real winter, you just can?t appreciate summer ...

I can appreciate it always being between 60 and 75 degrees.

Its 1C in Aberdeen at the moment (1:15am)

Its 1C in Aberdeen at the moment (1:15am)

Bit nippy. In winter here it gets down to freezing sometimes.

Last 2 months here it's maxed at 42.x C (thats 107-108 F for imperialists.)

The US is turning into the Roman Empire. They use sports and entertainment to divert the public's attention from the issues currently plaguing the nation.

I've been saying for years that all we need is for the Bush-Monkey to learn to play the fiddle.

(Blind_Io was slightly drunk when making this post, after consuming an excellent bottle of 2003 Sterling Vineyards Pinot Noir)

It has been found that my mother has a few cysts which may be likely that she has breast cancer. There are a few contiguous cysts which may just be the condition chronic cystic mastitis. But she's intending to have a mammogram just to make sure it's not cancerous tissue.

It's probably a false alarm, but I'm just so worried at the moment.

Maybe it's just because it's Monday, but I really need to take some time off work. I'm feeling burned out.

How should I spend my new and unfamiliar statutory holiday?

1) Hungover
2) Drinking
3) Fighting
4) Course work
5) Oggle unobtainable cars
6) Pies

It has been found that my mother has a few cysts which may be likely that she has breast cancer. There are a few contiguous cysts which may just be the condition chronic cystic mastitis. But she's intending to have a mammogram just to make sure it's not cancerous tissue.

It's probably a false alarm, but I'm just so worried at the moment.

I can relate. My grandmother had breast cancer and pretty much got surgery to get rid of it. My mother also had cysts and still has problems with her breasts. She also got surgery for it. She still goes to the doctor very frequently on visits with this and a couple other health problems.

The only reassurance I can give you is that my grandmother is still alive and healthy. Breast cancer is not serious and can definitely be treated. Best thing to do is surgery ... remove the cancerous cells. Just make sure you get them all out. I know it may sound terrifying, but chemo and all that other shit is just as bad and it never worked for nobody. In the worst case, she should be willing to let go of one breast or both ... best way to get rid of any cacerous cells. Because as much as you take away, there's always the chance that it will just develop again and then it spreads to parts of the body you can't really let go of.

I can relate. My grandmother had breast cancer and pretty much got surgery to get rid of it. My mother also had cysts and still has problems with her breasts. She also got surgery for it. She still goes to the doctor very frequently on visits with this and a couple other health problems.

The only reassurance I can give you is that my grandmother is still alive and healthy. Breast cancer is not serious and can definitely be treated. Best thing to do is surgery ... remove the cancerous cells. Just make sure you get them all out. I know it may sound terrifying, but chemo and all that other shit is just as bad and it never worked for nobody. In the worst case, she should be willing to let go of one breast or both ... best way to get rid of any cacerous cells. Because as much as you take away, there's always the chance that it will just develop again and then it spreads to parts of the body you can't really let go of.

Yeah, because we detected the cysts early, we can now take any course of action we may need to. After some research I found that 30- 60% of all women get breast cysts, and it's usually a benign condition, and not really a disease. However, it can also be the early stages of cancer and can be cancerous. My dad believes (he's a GP mind you; it's great to have a doc in the family) that it isn't really serious, as yet. They may just be the normal cysts most women get, but he wants to make sure.

With all the advancement in biomedical sciences, I'm sure breast cancer can easily be tackled, which is great news for our families like yours and mine. :)

Good to hear your grandma and mother are doing well, and overcame the disease.

WTF?!? No more Godzilla movies? My life is over..