Random Thoughts....

JimCorrigan

Car(s)
HMCS Velvet Glove; The Last Samurai
Ha! I had a feeling if I made a mistake, someone in the Spanish speaking contingent would catch it :). Thanks, gaasc! Today I learned.

JimCorrigan

Car(s)
HMCS Velvet Glove; The Last Samurai
JC is back!
There are some many places I could go with this...

Thanks, peeps. I don't really know why I ever left.

Wait, that's not true, but it's nothing to do with anyone here. Anyhow, I'd rather not get into it. Requires too much navel gazing.

Anyhow, I know I'm late, but RIP to Viper. Last I was here I knew about his diagnosis, but it was in remission. I had no idea about what finally happened. My condolences to his friends and extended family. It's odd... because I never met him, nor did I ever have any real online relationship with him, even. I do know were it not for him, though.... I never would have had this place to come visit and discuss with all you fine (trash!) people, so much gratitude is still owed. I just wish him rest in peace, and that his family can find some peace after what will undoubtedly be a prolonged period of grieving.

Last edited:

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Infiniti M30 - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Does your language/culture have a name for when it's raining, but the sun is shining?

My mother called it "The Devil is beating his wife".

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
I call it, and I swear this is not a joke, a Credence

Yes, I know it's about the band breaking up, don't care.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
taxis and the subway
If "casamento de viúva" stands for "sol e chuva", it is a sort of rhyming slang. English rhyming slang is associated with Cockney and the first Potuguese city with C that I thought of was Coimbra. Hence "Coimbrockney". I admit that this may not have been obvious. 😇

Redliner

Will bore you to death with butterfly facts
DONOR
Hookers, deadly mosquitoes, pimps and drug dealers
Car(s)
2013 Palio Sporting
If "casamento de viúva" stands for "sol e chuva", it is a sort of rhyming slang. English rhyming slang is associated with Cockney and the first Potuguese city with C that I thought of was Coimbra. Hence "Coimbrockney". I admit that this may not have been obvious. 😇
NOT AT ALL OBVIOUS :LOL:

But yes "Sol e chuva, casamento de viúva".
I am not sure if that is also a saying in Portugal.