Random Thoughts....

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
Shouldn't this be in the political random thoughts? :p

In all seriousness, I mostly agree with @GRtak. You should be honoured that the council people think highly of you (respected local businessman) - or they think you can be relied upon to always vote their way. ;)

Society needs sensible people in the institutions so I do think that it would be good for your town to have you on board. But if it's also good for you, that's another matter. You usually sound like you have enough on your plate already, and council work will be more than just the meetings. Plus, the potential of people getting on your nerves. Is it worth it?
On the other hand, it might actually be a good experience if the people in your town are good people and what thus council does has actual meaning.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Was supposed to go look at a house this weekend, but the owner just accepted an offer. Damn. The house itself was pretty cool, but it had a 1400 square foot garage. Biggest garage I've seen in my price range. I'm kinda sad I didn't act quicker.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
I’m stuck on a train between East Croydon and Clapham Junction because some twat felt a need to trespass on the railway line.

But at least my phone is showing a sense of humour and playing “Sit and Wait” on shuffle.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
I’m stuck on a train between East Croydon and Clapham Junction because some twat felt a need to trespass on the railway line.

But at least my phone is showing a sense of humour and playing “Sit and Wait” on shuffle.
Major issues like that are so common at the moment, I lost count of how many suicides have directly affected my trains this year. After 11 years of commuting by train I've just had enough of the crappy service but there's no viable alternative.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I finally have a garage for the first time and it's awesome. It's regular size though, not a lot of room once the cars are in.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Major issues like that are so common at the moment, I lost count of how many suicides have directly affected my trains this year. After 11 years of commuting by train I've just had enough of the crappy service but there's no viable alternative.
I’m not sure what exactly it was, but the Twitter replies to Southern Rail include one that says that a passenger on one of the already stopped trains opened a door outside a station, jumped on the line (third rail?!) and ran off, thereby creating a second trespassing incident.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
irrelevant. Neither he nor his brothers are able to deny it.

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
Damn. I want a huge garage so much. I settled for a carport and shed combo, but a garage gives you space to spread out the shed contents...and leave a 944 engine in the corner.......and, and.........

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
My garage is about 2.5 cars which is great to have a work bench for a place to work on things without needing to move cars. I have all the space but none of the drive to work on cars. :/

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
My garage is about 2.5 cars which is great to have a work bench for a place to work on things without needing to move cars. I have all the space but none of the drive to work on cars. :/
I ended up with my "Volcano" storage units for the same reason - and having to work on my POS Bronco kind of burned me out for working on anything else for a while. Looking at going to work on my XJ again come the cooler fall weather, though - now that the Bronco has been foisted off unloaded disposed of sold to someone who likes dealing with them. XJ's been in there too long.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
I am going to have to clean out garage out it fits 0 cars rn because full of junk. My driveway is very sloped. This is actually the biggest factor in why I haven't attempted maintenance on my cars before.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
TFW you go to bed worried that your latest attempt at a career will end the same as the last 2 and wake up to find you have somehow already been fired from being a mechanic