Random Thoughts....

preview

I don't get it....Sylvester Stallone and Jude Law?

And here I thought BlaRo was just getting a head start on talking to himself in his old age. :lol:

Yeah, I looked over the past couple pages to see if I had missed something.

Step 1: Get a white Japanese car, bonus points if it's a Mitsubishi, and redo the front bumper in grey primer.
Step 2: Get two circular red magnets and stick them on the doors.
Step 3: Make friends with someone with a grey Mustang, and put magnets with the following pattern on his door:
USAF-1944.jpg
Step 4: Drive around in your Hinomaru-emblazoned Japanese car with the Mustang in hot pursuit, preferably in an area with a high concentration of WWII Pacific Theater veterans.
Step 5: Crash and blow up (optional).

It was funnier in my head. :dunno:

And here I thought BlaRo was just getting a head start on talking to himself in his old age. :lol:

Here's sort of what I was writing:

Basically I'm looking for housing for my last semester at Berkeley and I'm very desperate because places are taken and stuff that I've resorted to even contacting the residence hall I stayed at freshman year (which didn't cater to vegetarians like me and was a horrible place in general). I didn't make any complaints when I was there, but I did leave and join the campus-run dorms the year after and life was good.

I know people there (that still live there) and I know the manager. So I called them and asked them if they had any rooms available. The girl who picked up the phone was nice and said yes but that I had to call the manager again when she came back. I did just that and they didn't respond and didn't call me back, so I called them a third time yesterday evening.

During all this I'm being very very polite and nice (forgetting about all of the bad things that happened in that place in the past) and I was asking it like this:

"Hi my name is <LurkerPatrol> and I'm looking for a place to stay for next semester. I'm a 5th year undergrad majoring in astrophysics. I was just calling to see if there are any rooms available" and before I can finish that sentence i hear *click* and they hang up. I called again a minute later(thinking it was an accidental dropped call) and they didn't pick up the phone. It went straight to voicemail.

Now my parents have raised me to be like polite and stuff but after all the injustices that have happened to me and family members, I have no tolerance for it and so I didn't see the good side of this. My mom said "maybe she didn't understand english" and that wasn't it because she spoke clearly and intelligently when she picked up the phone. So I asked, till what point do you have to remain polite and whatnot, and if I should call these asshats back again and ask politely or be stern. My parents (mostly my dad) have utmost patience and always ask and do things with respect and politeness. Even if he's getting yelled at he's still polite and he has major rep around here in UCSD as a result.
That is all.

Last edited:
Having a dig. ... Plus point - makes you feel better, negative point - will it get you what you want? Er no, your choice.

Try to see them face to face, unannounced but at a time when they are there, it is much harder to say no face to face.

Do not demean yourself with vulgarity - your dad is correct listen to his experience. One last thing if they are really rotten then 1. would you want to be there and 2. get evidence (keep a log of contacts and responses) and then complain properly, in writing and copy 'all and sundry', to who ever has the power to reverse any decision.

Or just say "sod it", let rip now if you can do this without swearing that is impressive actually, and go somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: LP
Having a dig. ... Plus point - makes you feel better, negative point - will it get you what you want? Er no, your choice.

Try to see them face to face, unannounced but at a time when they are there, it is much harder to say no face to face.

Do not demean yourself with vulgarity - your dad is correct listen to his experience. One last thing if they are really rotten then 1. would you want to be there and 2. get evidence (keep a log of contacts and responses) and then complain properly, in writing and copy 'all and sundry', to who ever has the power to reverse any decision.

Or just say "sod it", let rip now if you can do this without swearing that is impressive actually, and go somewhere else.

You know I probably will just end up saying "screw it" and just move somewhere else. I'd rather move to place several blocks away from campus but with nice chill roommates than live in a place close to campus that's shit quality. Thanks for the advice.

Having a second and third opinion on the matter is always crucial I think. It's sort of the pivot point in any decision making process.

Step 1: Get a white Japanese car, bonus points if it's a Mitsubishi, and redo the front bumper in grey primer.
Step 3: Make friends with someone with a grey Mustang, and put magnets with the following pattern on his door:
Step 4: Drive around in your Hinomaru-emblazoned Japanese car with the Mustang in hot pursuit, preferably in an area with a high concentration of WWII Pacific Theater veterans.

Or, if you're rich enough, you can skip the do-it-yourself part and get one of these instead.

Bonus points if you stick little cutouts of planes on the front fenders. You know, to show how much of a flying ace you really are.

Interesting fact: did you know it's legal to burn the Japanese flag in Japan, but illegal to burn foreign flags? :think:

Bonus points if you stick little cutouts of planes on the front fenders. You know, to show how much of a flying ace you really are.

Back in my irresponsible teenage years, I had considered getting Honda or Acura badges in bulk for my Maxima's front fenders to display my "kill" record. Thankfully that never materialized.

Interesting fact: did you know it's legal to burn the Japanese flag in Japan, but illegal to burn foreign flags? :think:

You think it could be Freedom of speech for the first one and honor and whatnot for the latter?

Either that or they're putting something in the sake. :mouse:

USAF-1944.jpg

I've always wanted to do that but with a Jeep chasing a Volkswagen.

I've found myself watching more and more cooking programmes on TV, and actually enjoying and wanting to make them...

...gah. I feel myself losing man points by the minute.

Grand Cherokee SRT8 vs. Touareg V10 TDI? Or were you thinking off-road?
My original plan called for a topless Jeep chasing a VW Thing but I like the off road idea.

^^Just convince yourself you're learning it to impress les femmes. Works in my man conscience.

I've found myself watching more and more cooking programmes on TV, and actually enjoying and wanting to make them...

...gah. I feel myself losing man points by the minute.

Anthony Bourdain. Gordon Ramsay. Now get back in the kitchen, soldier!