Random Thoughts....

But who wants to live on the IoM? I know it's beautiful and all, but I am not at all the type to survive in rural areas. I would die without all the urban luxuries I've been accustomed to over 23 years of urban dwelling.

I would love it. Sure it isn't full of money or large companies, but if you work from home and don't need to travel much (i.e. don't need to go into London every now and again) then I would say it was perfect. I get where you are at though - not everyone wants to live rurally, and it would be a huge jump (I live in a fairly built up are where all the businessmen from London live), but it can't be all that bad. :)

I just found links to the Dilbert TV show on Rapidshare through Sinlesslinks.com. And I'm making the most of my 30 days premium RS account by downloading them all onto my media server Nas drive. :D

I would love it. Sure it isn't full of money or large companies, but if you work from home and don't need to travel much (i.e. don't need to go into London every now and again) then I would say it was perfect. I get where you are at though - not everyone wants to live rurally, and it would be a huge jump (I live in a fairly built up are where all the businessmen from London live), but it can't be all that bad. :)
Have you been over? A bit windy and treeless in Winter. Nice people, and tax position is good too.

I just discovered that I can tap the corners of my touchpad to do certain things. Right now I have the bottom right corner set to do a right click which saves me from having to use the horrible button for its intended purpose. That thing is terrible and usually takes a half dozen clicks before it registers. I also found out I can use the middle scroll button as a volume control. This might not sound like much but since Acer so thoughtfully didn't put dedicated volume buttons on the laptop it's the best thing since the beer and hot wings I had earlier. Joy of joys for these solutions! :D

Turns out I can't live without a TV and now I can watch the X Factor!!!!

... the downside is I had to grab the spare tv out of the loft.... 21 inch 4:3. :|:mad::(

Son of a fricken bitch c***, the high quality 4:3 has broken in a very similar way.

Picture is enlarged, its dark and unviewable and adjusting the contrast etc does nothing.:blink::?

Have you been over? A bit windy and treeless in Winter. Nice people, and tax position is good too.

I've been twice before (quite a while ago now) and we are going again next year's summer (hoping we still have enough money).

Another one from The Onion:

'I Am Under 18' Button Clicked For First Time In History Of Internet

October 15, 2008

CHINO, CA?In an unprecedented and historic event Monday, the "I Am Under 18" button, an Internet security device which if selected restricts access to websites featuring adult content, was clicked for the first time ever. "I knew I could simply claim to be over 18 and continue onto my desired destination, but I also realized that I would have to live with that lie for the rest of my life," said local resident Garrett Kinley, 17. "I admit, I was curious to see what type of material I would find on www.juggworld.com, but that button was clearly placed there for a reason, and let's face it: 17 and three-quarters is not 18. I plan to return to the site three months from now, when I will be mature enough to handle its content." Moments later, Kinley's friend Dave Gerrard, 17, pushed Kinley aside and clicked the "I Am Over 18" button himself, at which point a tactical police unit broke down his bedroom door and arrested him.

^^ The Onion FTW!!

Big news from my wife today; she is now the card services account manager, through her workplace for the Deutsche Bank Group. In other words, if you have a credit/debit card through them, she is involved with it.

Heavy news.

Big news from my wife today; she is now the card services account manager, through her workplace for the Deutsche Bank Group. In other words, if you have a credit/debit card through them, she is involved with it.

Heavy news.
She better not lose a laptop full of our data. :shakefist:

Somebody tell me if they can decipher this

People might be spoiled by their good life too long, leaving
little energy to work out what is about the true quality , the wealth of frugality, with a super sense. If the economic crisis takes a role to alert people about the urgency of reflecting, it would be more sad, rather than fortunate,

My best guess is that too many people take everything they have for granted and surround themselves with possessions but that a simple life is a happy life.

My girlfriend loves Top Gear, and isn't even into cars. Getting a girl to like Fifth Gear, on the other hand, would be one hell of an accomplishment. I can't even get myself to like it.

the wife likes TG too, just not in a "I'll watch and rewatch every episode until forever" way, like me.
She too gets giddy at the sounds and looks of supercars.

Almost all the girls I know love the show. Actually, I know very few people who don't like it.

As for fifth gear, few people even know it exists.

Well, there aren't any girls on this site, just guys with gender issues and pink usernames.