Random Thoughts....

I believe I've finally worked out my personal theory.

Here it is :

In person, Americans are wonderful people. Funny, intelligent, generous and always up for a chat. This was brought home last night on the train, when I was sat (building some lego, oddly enough), and an American woman started up conversation. She was great to talk to. I've never met an American (in person) I didn't like.

However, put them on TV or on the internet and it's more of a mixed bag. Whilst some will be just as lovely (everyone here, for example!) some are predisposed to be arseholes. Which describes the internet in general, not just Americans, really.

In France, you mean? Which means that the American we are talking about must have at least a couple of spare brain cells which allow the owner to actually be interested in other cultures, languages, people and opinions. Also, the fact that he/she could let his/her shotgun, pickup-truck and american flag at home means he/she probably doesn't have any, which is a good start.

wuv you, anonymous negrepper <3 Did I insult your pickup? I'm sorry.

Last edited:
ARGH!
I hate it when my Team Fortress 2 records don't get saved. I have totally broken my Pyro points record twice now and it hasn't got saved. I have really got almost 20 points more than the record in Steam says I have got. :shakefist:

I am a stats freak :mad:

Lives sell for pretty cheap on eBay.com these days .... :whistle:

EDIT: Doesn't it suck when you are on the verge of buying yourself a new computer system? You get all excited about what you could do with your new PC ... how fast you can do it ... how much more stuff you can load on it .......AND YET, when you have to look at the price tag, $850 seems quite a bit stiff. Gosh, I hope I don't regret making this purchase.

<-- Supposed to be studying for tomorrow's midterm.

Last edited:
I believe I've finally worked out my personal theory.

Here it is :

In person, Americans are wonderful people. Funny, intelligent, generous and always up for a chat. This was brought home last night on the train, when I was sat (building some lego, oddly enough), and an American woman started up conversation. She was great to talk to. I've never met an American (in person) I didn't like.

However, put them on TV or on the internet and it's more of a mixed bag. Whilst some will be just as lovely (everyone here, for example!) some are predisposed to be arseholes. Which describes the internet in general, not just Americans, really.
You should try living around them every day. When Jeremy Clarkson said in the American special that "Everybody's very fat, everybody's very stupid and everybody's very rude." I laughed because other than the fat bit that's absolutely true. Mostly everybody just ignores everybody else. The lack of common courtesy when out in public is appalling and depressing. It gets even worse when those people are behind the wheel of a car. And then when you do come across someone who seems nice it's so fake it's almost worse than them being rude.

I've been told several times that us here in the northeast are the most impolite and unapproachable in the US.

I've been told several times that us here in the northeast are the most impolite and unapproachable in the US.

You rude bastards.

/sarcasm
//slashies.

I gave my friend a watermelon for his birthday on Friday.

I even wrapped it in gift wrapping and wrote "Happy Birthday" on the gift wrap. :p

It's not our fault the State Department wants to give us a colonoscopy for a damn piece of paper! Besides, I hold that they're still massively unsecure, and that I ought to be allowed to travel freely.

I got my passport over a year ago and it didn't seem like that much of a hassle. Only took 2 weeks for it to come in too.

HI! I'm here for the sweeping generalities and total nonsense.

I gave my friend a watermelon for his birthday on Friday.

I even wrapped it in gift wrapping and wrote "Happy Birthday" on the gift wrap. :p

Hmm, even a gift certificate would have been better than that. :p

Yes, I think GCs are the worst gift ever. If they couldn't think of anything to buy you, why didn't they just give you cash? At least that way you'd have the option of spending it where you want, not some pre-designated store.

Now if only generalities could sweep floors, then I'd have a lot easier time cleaning house.

I knew it, all of .sa is lazy.

Yes, I think GCs are the worst gift ever. If they couldn't think of anything to buy you, why didn't they just give you cash? At least that way you'd have the option of spending it where you want, not some pre-designated store.

I agree, but amazon vouchers are awesome as they do sell just about everything.

Also if it's to young kids, if you give them book vouchers you can then feel smug and know that you're making the kid more intelligent by forcing them to buy dead-tree literature and not Mega Kill Death Xtreme 4 on Dreamcast.

....I want a Dreamcast.

Actually, it was his choice on getting a watermelon for his birthday. He couldn't think of anything either, so it might as well be something a little more creative than a gift voucher.

The New Hampshire mountains are absolutely epic for both hiking and driving. And their volunteer fire departments are awesome too....:unsure:

So does Mr. Luther.

i_have_a_dreamcast.jpg

That's no so special any more, he should be embarrassed. Luther that is.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24529039-5009760,00.html

Lol, tasmania

"This is bulls**t - this is just not true," the Premier said.

"They can make that claim at the moment because Kyoto Protocol accounting for timber got it totally wrong.

"When you chop down a tree under Kyoto and you burn it, or you alternatively turn it into a high-value coffee table, it's accounted for in exactly the same way. And that is clearly false