Random Thoughts....

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
What are leg cramps all about?!?!?! I get them once in a while when I'm asleep and it hurts like a mofo.

I can't move for like a minute or two, then the excruciating pain goes away and I fall back asleep, but I can't walk properly when I wake up. I had it last night, now I can't even stand properly.

Anyone know why this happens? It's in my lower leg (below my knee) and only happens to one leg at a time? :dunno:

Edit: Google to the rescue. Oh well, at least I got to rant about the insane pain. Anyone else get these stupid things?

Last edited:

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
What are leg cramps all about?!?!?! I get them once in a while when I'm asleep and it hurts like a mofo.

I can't move for like a minute or two, then the excruciating pain goes away and I fall back asleep, but I can't walk properly when I wake up. I had it last night, now I can't even stand properly.

Anyone know why this happens? It's in my lower leg (below my knee) and only happens to one leg at a time? :dunno:
Yea I get these once in a while too, you can read about them here:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/night-leg-cramps/AN00499

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
Hah, yeah. I should've just searched. :D

I guess I need potassium, I drink lots of fluids already.

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
I occasionally (got one last night) get cramp in very small places on the inside edge of my foot. You know, on that more sensitive, muscly bit. Annoying, but I always laugh a bit when I get them. :lol:

teeb

Car(s)
old Saab 9-3 coup?
You know the 'pins and needles' feeling? Say, if you're sat in such a way that you're sitting on one leg and cutting a bit off blood supply? (or 'the leg goes to sleep)

Am I the only one that thinks it's fun, every so often, to deliberately get pins and needles, just for the combined hilarity-and-pain experience of walking afterwards?

chaos386

.sa = bad driver!
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR
In keeping with the current theme of the thread, I'm looking for a pair of beige pants with an elasticated waistband. I'd like to wear it as high up my waist as possible, and fitting well is not a requirement. What brands do you guys recommend?

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
Damn.

The Land Cruiser broke down yesterday. We stopped for fuel and when I tried to start the engine it would crank but not fire. I checked the fuses for the ECU, Fuel Injection, etc., but they were fine. After an hour of waiting for a tow the car started and ran for about 40 seconds before dying.

I'm thinking it's
a) water in the fuel - it's been very cold and if it got into the line it might have frozen
2) Fuel pump might be gone
*) Fuel filter might be clogged

Either way, they can't look at it until Monday. I hate seeing the 'Cruiser up on the back of the tow truck, such a great vehicle doesn't look right up there. I mean, a Discovery looks at home on a flat bed, but not a Land Cruiser.

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
Hah, yeah. I should've just searched. :D

I guess I need potassium, I drink lots of fluids already.
That would explain that my cramps went away after my doctor gave me potassium :think:

You know the 'pins and needles' feeling? Say, if you're sat in such a way that you're sitting on one leg and cutting a bit off blood supply? (or 'the leg goes to sleep)

Am I the only one that thinks it's fun, every so often, to deliberately get pins and needles, just for the combined hilarity-and-pain experience of walking afterwards?
:lol: I used to do that, not so much any more, but it's fun.

In keeping with the current theme of the thread, I'm looking for a pair of beige pants with an elasticated waistband. I'd like to wear it as high up my waist as possible, and fitting well is not a requirement. What brands do you guys recommend?
^ My thoughts exactly :lol:

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
To continue the current theme:
I sometimes wake up with a completely limp arm, which goes away after 5-10 minutes after waking up. It's kinda weird, having a completely limp appendage, you try to move it, but nothing happens and it just flaps around when you move your body.