Random Thoughts....

Have fun! Switzerland seems to be an amazing place. I loved Germany, but we didn't have time to visit Switzerland too. I hope to go there sometime.

I've had Chipotle 2 times this week. I'm eating it again today. How can I resist?
Chipotle%20Burrito.jpg

^ Too much rice. Stop eating at McBurrito.

(It is owned by McDonald's)

I've had Chipotle 2 times this week. I'm eating it again today. How can I resist?
Chipotle%20Burrito.jpg
Resisting urge to kill. I miss chipoddle so bad.

Oh and Blind, McDonalds divested out of chipotle two or so years ago. Dunno why, they seem to be doing gangbusters.

I just sniped myself this on eBay.

SD_ESC0414_REDWOOD-a.jpg

$24.99 plus shipping. It's probably a $400 humidor that I snagged for a total of less than $60.

Last edited:
HA! Oh my God no. Real mountains with good snow and people who know how to ski.

Went to Falls and I've got 2 weekends at Hotham in August.

WHAT! you don't enjoy some gravel with ice on it? shame on you :p

My brother has snow blades that he bought while he was in Switzerland

HA! Oh my God no. Real mountains with good snow and people who know how to ski.

Went to Falls and I've got 2 weekends at Hotham in August.

<snap!> I'm heading up to Hotham (well, pretty sure we're going up to Hotham - staying in Bright so there's choice to be had) in August. Can't say I qualify for the 'know how to ski' part though...

<snap!> I'm heading up to Hotham (well, pretty sure we're going up to Hotham - staying in Bright so there's choice to be had) in August. Can't say I qualify for the 'know how to ski' part though...

If you're staying in Bright then Falls is still an option. Just after Bright there's a turn off (left) for the Tawonga Gap Rd at the end of which you turn right and follow the signs to Falls. The Tawonga Gap Rd has a brilliant section through some woods, absolutely fantastic bit of tarmac. If you're not in the 'know how to ski' category then Falls is certainly a more user-friendly option.

The Great Alpine Rd after bright (ie: to Hotham) is a fantastic yet unforgiving road, it's also guaranteed that you'll be fitting chains at some stage as you get closer to Hotham as the road runs right along the ridge of the range. Great fun but a prick if it's blowing a gale and there's about 20m visibility (that was last year).

Reactions: fbc
The intarwebs is finally working on my computer, wahey!! :banana:

Even better, next week the search for my first car officially begins, as I have finally saved up to the 15k mark. Now, I just need a new job - my temp position ends next week too.

If you're staying in Bright then Falls is still an option. Just after Bright there's a turn off (left) for the Tawonga Gap Rd at the end of which you turn right and follow the signs to Falls. The Tawonga Gap Rd has a brilliant section through some woods, absolutely fantastic bit of tarmac. If you're not in the 'know how to ski' category then Falls is certainly a more user-friendly option.

The Great Alpine Rd after bright (ie: to Hotham) is a fantastic yet unforgiving road, it's also guaranteed that you'll be fitting chains at some stage as you get closer to Hotham as the road runs right along the ridge of the range. Great fun but a prick if it's blowing a gale and there's about 20m visibility (that was last year).

I have nightmares of the Tawonga Gap Rd - the first time I went to Falls (failed to even try to ski that time) the car I was in (not mine) broke a belt on that road. At around 10pm. Not a car to be seen. Nice little hike down the road followed...

I've actually skied twice - learnt at Falls, and then didn't return for several years until Hotham last year (and was totally shocked that the only times I fell were when friends led me down slopes I was nowhere near ready for). I can get about on skis - still snow-plouging though, but wanting to learn to turn and stop properly. Absolutely love it though. Just wish it wasn't so ridiculously expensive.

Oh, and yeah, the Great Alpine Rd to Hotham sure as hell got my attention - I'm thinking the Astra's going to experience that road in Spring or Summer.

Last edited:
The intarwebs is finally working on my computer, wahey!! :banana:

Even better, next week the search for my first car officially begins, as I have finally saved up to the 15k mark. Now, I just need a new job - my temp position ends next week too.

what have you got in mind?

I just sniped myself this on eBay.

$24.99 plus shipping. It's probably a $400 humidor that I snagged for a total of less than $60.

Nice find.

what have you got in mind?

Not really sure yet - except for small, manual, and as new and safe as I can manage. My absolute maximum to spend is 20k - that's my savings plus what the 'rents are prepared to throw in. Most people I know don't like small manuals at all, so I've not had any real recommendations, although I do like my dad's partner's Jazz. The choice of used cars is pretty limited up here too, and you tend to get slugged.

Huh.. 10pm already. Off to bed, got work tomorrow. (Then this time next week I'm unemployed..yay.)

Last edited:
Damn, if you were here I'd sell you my car.

I NEED MOAR CYLINDERS!

Hoegaarden wins.

I've never tried Franziskaner, but for it to beat Hoegaarden it better be god in a bottle.

With only 893 posts, i'm impressed! I'd rep you, but, y'know. <_<